View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
jeffwehner wrote:
they're everywhere. its like a vending machine...for renting movies.

Oh, I've seen those...not called RedBox though...


Yes they are...
At least they are down here in Texas. First time I saw one was at a loal McDonalds...
http://www.redbox.com/Locations/LocationSearch.aspx

I always see them at Wal-Mart and Publix...but never once have they been called "RedBox" it's always just like "V-DVD Rental;" or something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
But back on topic:

I went and viewed Saw VI yesterday, enjoyed it.
View PA 3 times and will see the Vampires Asst this weekend (its the dates choice not mine, even though I do like John C. Riley)

Over the past couple of weeks I have rented and bought several horrors.

Including:

Pumpkinhead 2, Coma, Badmoon, Nightmare on Elm 1-4, Friday the 13th (the newest one), Poltergiest, Wishmaster 1-2, 13 Ghosts, House of 1000 Corpses, Rob Zombies Halloween and more.


Last edited by DavidTheCryptic on Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
FlapJackGeorge wrote:

I always see them at Wal-Mart and Publix...but never once have they been called "RedBox" it's always just like "V-DVD Rental;" or something...


Thats probably Walmarts own version, as they are [edited] and wouldnt use anyone elses.
You'll mostly find redbox at a Mcdonalds, as Ive already said. Just type in your city to the search, see if you have one near by.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1901
jeffwehner wrote:
Philal wrote:
Oh yes! I watched [Rec] recently and I LOVED it. I forgot that it was subtitled in about 10 minutes it was so intense.



sweet!

just out of curiosity, did you get it from a blockbuster or redbox? or did you download it or something?

It's currently on FiOs on Demand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
http://paralleluniverse.msn.com/photos/ ... photoidx=1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
Just got back from SAW VI. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
Saw it couple days ago.

Thought it was pretty good. Was kinda suprised at how political it had gotten or even if it wasnt ment to be, it came out at just the right time; with the "victoms" being insurance and loan people.
But it worked out pretty well I believe.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
But back on topic:

I went and viewed Saw VI yesterday, enjoyed it.
View PA 3 times and will see the Vampires Asst this weekend (its the dates choice not mine, even though I do like John C. Riley)
I thought that was funny
Over the past couple of weeks I have rented and bought several horrors.

Including:

Pumpkinhead 2, Coma, Badmoon, Nightmare on Elm 1-4, Friday the 13th (the newest one), Poltergiest, Wishmaster 1-2, 13 Ghosts, House of 1000 Corpses, Rob Zombies Halloween and more.

Why are they color-coated?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
But back on topic:

I went and viewed Saw VI yesterday, enjoyed it.
View PA 3 times and will see the Vampires Asst this weekend (its the dates choice not mine, even though I do like John C. Riley)
I thought that was funny
Over the past couple of weeks I have rented and bought several horrors.

Including:

Pumpkinhead 2, Coma, Badmoon, Nightmare on Elm 1-4, Friday the 13th (the newest one), Poltergiest, Wishmaster 1-2, 13 Ghosts, House of 1000 Corpses, Rob Zombies Halloween and more.

Why are they color-coated?


Oops, forgot to explain that.

Blue= Bought
Red= Rented

Pictures of my costume are up


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
But back on topic:

I went and viewed Saw VI yesterday, enjoyed it.
View PA 3 times and will see the Vampires Asst this weekend (its the dates choice not mine, even though I do like John C. Riley)
I thought that was funny
Over the past couple of weeks I have rented and bought several horrors.

Including:

Pumpkinhead 2, Coma, Badmoon, Nightmare on Elm 1-4, Friday the 13th (the newest one), Poltergiest, Wishmaster 1-2, 13 Ghosts, House of 1000 Corpses, Rob Zombies Halloween and more.

Why are they color-coated?


Oops, forgot to explain that.

Blue= Bought
Red= Rented

Pictures of my costume are up

Ah, figured they meant one or the other. I loved Nightmare on Elm Street 1 & 2, didn't finish 3, but I liked what I saw of it. (They remind me of Tim Burton's early work...I dunno why.) I own 13 Ghosts on VHS, but since I don't have a VCR, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Couldn't get into Wishmaster, haven't gotten around to House of 1000 corpses, and I hated Rob Zombie's Halloween.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
Just finished watching Deadly Friend. One of the funnier horror movies. It's about a computer nerd who designs a robot that can learn and have emotions and such. Well the robot is destroyed, and the kid's new girlfriend is killed, so he does what any logical person would do...implant the robots chip into the girls brain...

It was funny. The ending made no sense, but it was worth the watch. It was released in 1986. I liked it. Anyone else see it?

For later Reference: Deadly Friend


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 1901
I just finished watching Orphan. It wasn't anything amazing, but still a cut above a lot of the horror movies that come out today. The twist at the end was pretty cool. It wasn't scary at all, in fact I would call is more of a Thriller. I REALLY loved the job done by whoever played Esther. I'd recommend it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
Philal wrote:
I just finished watching Orphan. It wasn't anything amazing, but still a cut above a lot of the horror movies that come out today. The twist at the end was pretty cool. It wasn't scary at all, in fact I would call is more of a Thriller. I REALLY loved the job done by whoever played Esther. I'd recommend it.


Isabelle Fuhrman. Yeah, she was amazing. She did the movie while she was 10-11...I also really liked it.

She also, apparently did a voice for a character in The Cleaveland Show...I can't figure out who yet, though...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
I watched Fear Itself episode Something With Bite.

It was cheesy, but I liked it. It was a sort of Warewolf story, but different.


I also watched "The Spirit Box", another Fear Itself episode. It was better than "Something With Bite", a bit cliche, but I liked it.

For reference: Something With Bite, The Spirit Box


[Update]

Just finished watching The Lost Boys.
No, it isn't exactly horror, persay, but it was a good movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The official Horror Movies thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
The Collector was awful, absolutely bad. Hostel was actually better, and Hostel is around #1 on my top worst horror movies list.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.