View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:07 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:
Pancakes, PANcakes!

"PANCAAAAAAAKESS"

(Cue martial arts montage and biting of the hand)

Yea that part was.......yea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:28 pm 
born to perform.

When that came on i was like [edited]!!!!! lol. It was funny though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:21 pm 
born to perform.

Just watched evil dead, it was actually really cool and i liked it alot. I'm about to watch evil dead two tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:03 am 
born to perform.

I might watch Pumpkinhead later, if I get around to it. Just for some laughs, you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:15 am 
born to perform.

Just watched Evil Dead two and i had quite a bit of fun with it. Two great movies if you ask me, go rent them now (That is if gore doesn't bother you...) :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:08 pm 
born to perform.

I'll be renting some horror today. Last night I watch Herschell Gordon Lewis' "The Gruesome Twosome" which is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen. But, it falls under the "so bad, it's good" category, with laughably terrible acting, editing, and effects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

I recently saw the strangers. It scared the crap outtta me. The ending was blah but I just learned that they are making a sequel. But please the ending could have been atleast a little more interesting and suspenseful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

I just found out that the BIG LOTS by my house has a ton of movies for $2 or $3, a lot of which are horror. So if I ever get some money, I'll be getting some, and telling you all how they are.

By the way, I didn't watch Pumpkinhead, didn't get around to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

I just watched "Scarce: A Ruthless Winter Nightmare". EXCEPTIONALLY GRAPHIC but well done and very tense. But yes, this is very graphic. It's about cannibalism, in its most explicit form. You get the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:
I just watched "Scarce: A Ruthless Winter Nightmare". EXCEPTIONALLY GRAPHIC but well done and very tense. But yes, this is very graphic. It's about cannibalism, in its most explicit form. You get the idea.

sounds interesting, wouldn't mind seeing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:40 pm 
born to perform.

[Update]
On Friday I watched "The Blackwater Valley Exorcism" and of all the Exorcism movies, I would rank this one up there with "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." It was entertaining, and expressed possession more realistically then some of the others. (ie: the demon was only as striong as the body it possessed.) The only thing that disapointed me was a bit of the ending, it seemed a bit odd, but overall, it was definitely woerth the watch. (It was also based on a true story.)

[Cube²/Cube Zero]
I just recently watched "Cube²" and "Cube Zero"(the Prequel), and I thought they were very interesting, a good concept and for the most part played-out well.

The movies are about this theoretical series of cube-shaped rooms, each having 6 "doors"(on the roof, the floor, and on all four walls), "subjects" are placed in one room with the objective to find a way out or they die. They can't remember why they are there, but they quickly find that the rooms are not so normal, they are booby-trapped, and deceptive in more ways than one. "Cube²" has a more science-fiction feel about it, whereas the "Cube" they are in is more of a computer program-like construct. And "Cube Zero has a bit more of a suspenseful, torturous-killer feel, only somewhat similar to SAW.
----------------
Aside from that, I've watched the "Fear Itself" episodes that are available on FEARnet, and I would reccomend watching them, however, "New Years Day" was less than entertaining. I liked "Spooked" the best.

I'm off to watch "Penny Dreadful," so I'll give a review of that once I finish.

[Edit]
If you're familiar with James Rolfe (better known as 'The Angry Video Game Nerd), or even if you aren't, you might want to check out his short-films "The Deader the Better" (I Highly recommend), "Legend of the Blue Hole" (Similar to an episode of "The Twilight Zone," but very different as well, I also recommend.) Then there's "Cinemaphobia" which is a look into the life of a stressed-out Movie maker who goes a bit crazy. (Very good.)

you can check all of these out on his website.(links are on thet page.)

Last edited by FlapJackGeorge on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
I just recently watched "Cube²" and "Cube Zero"(the Prequel), and I thought they were very interesting, a good concept and for the most part played-out well.

Ok that that is just werird, i watched both of them just last week. Verizon FiOS has a great fearnet section. i agree, i like them both but I still don't understand exactly where the cube is. In cube zero it was underwate somewhere I guess, but how big was the Hypercube in Cube 2? Was it like a gazillion rooms or was the amount just an illusion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:38 pm 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
Quote:

Ok that that is just werird, i watched both of them just last week. Verizon FiOS has a great fearnet section. i agree, i like them both but I still don't understand exactly where the cube is. In cube zero it was underwate somewhere I guess, but how big was the Hypercube in Cube 2? Was it like a gazillion rooms or was the amount just an illusion?

with the hypercube I was always thinking it was like a Rubik's cube, because in Cube 2 the rooms were continuously moving, I figure as soon a sthey enter a room the one behind them moves, that's why the one guy kept going back to the room he started in and the other ones(the one's he marked 1-3), since a Rubik's cube has over 6million combinations(if I remember correctly), I was thinking that the numbers represented patterns. Anyway, I don't think it was meant to know how many, but it was a good movie nonetheless.

[Penny Dreadful](and that also describes the movie)
The movie starts with Penny, a teenage girl, paranoid because both of her parents died in a car crash(she was in the car), and her therapist Oriana. The two of them stop at a gas station(though nothing odd happens here). On their way back to the scene of the accident, they hit a man, and because he doesn't press charges, Oriana decides to offer him a ride. He asks to be taken back to a camp he supposedly works at. Eventually Penny finds herself trapped in the car between two tree's at the camp in the middle of nowhere with a dead Oriana sitting in the drivers seat. Penny freaks out and lots of other people die around her. It's never confirmed who exactly the killer is, but you get a pretty good idea, and the end leaves you hanging, though honestly, if they made a sequel, I probably wouldn't watch it. Overall, it was very suspenseful, but it was pretty pointless, so I don't recommend it.
2/5 rating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:13 pm 
born to perform.

I just recently watched "The People Under the Stairs" by Wes Craven, and it was possibly one of the creepiest movies i've ever seen. Its highly reccomended and its on fearnet for FiOS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
I just recently watched "The People Under the Stairs" by Wes Craven, and it was possibly one of the creepiest movies i've ever seen. Its highly reccomended and its on fearnet for FiOS.

I keep seeing that, I'll have to watch it when I have a chance, maybe tonight once everyone goes to bed, it'll be extra creepy then! :shock: :?

What exactly is it about by the way?

PS:
What's FiOS? I have Comcast and I get FEARnet(seems like we get the same stuff on it...etc.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next