View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:17 am 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
Philal wrote:
I just recently watched "The People Under the Stairs" by Wes Craven, and it was possibly one of the creepiest movies i've ever seen. Its highly reccomended and its on fearnet for FiOS.

I keep seeing that, I'll have to watch it when I have a chance, maybe tonight once everyone goes to bed, it'll be extra creepy then! :shock: :?

What exactly is it about by the way?

PS:
What's FiOS? I have Comcast and I get FEARnet(seems like we get the same stuff on it...etc.)

Oh FiOS is the Verizon TV company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
Philal wrote:
I just recently watched "The People Under the Stairs" by Wes Craven, and it was possibly one of the creepiest movies i've ever seen. Its highly reccomended and its on fearnet for FiOS.

I keep seeing that, I'll have to watch it when I have a chance, maybe tonight once everyone goes to bed, it'll be extra creepy then! :shock: :?

What exactly is it about by the way?

PS:
What's FiOS? I have Comcast and I get FEARnet(seems like we get the same stuff on it...etc.)

Oh FiOS is the Verizon TV company.

Ah, okay.

Well, since you suggested it, I decided to watch The People Under the Stairs.

[The People Under The Stairs]
The movie is about this black family living in the ghetto, who find out that they're being evicted. The main character Fool is the youngest in the family, and he goes with his Uncles, and his uncle's friend to rob the landlords down the street, because they're rich snobs. But when Fool goes down to the cellar he find more than he bargained for. The movie is a sadistic journey through a very disturbing couple's lives. A lot of secrets are revealed, and there are a lot of twists and turns. Wes Craven does an excellent job of keeping the story going, when it could have ended a lot sooner. I highly recommend it.

Surprisingly enough, a sequel is set to release in 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:35 am 
born to perform.

I knew you'd like it, as well as anyone else. I have seen this in blockbuster for years and would always be worried that it would end up as a boring piece of garbage, it definetly wasn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:04 pm 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
I knew you'd like it, as well as anyone else. I have seen this in blockbuster for years and would always be worried that it would end up as a boring piece of garbage, it definetly wasn't.

Yeah, it wasn't at all what i was expecting, I was think just another typical boring zombie movie...but it wasn't even a zombie movie!..p-lus the storyline was extremely elaborate, I loved it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

has anyone seen My Bloody Valentine 3D? I also hear that there was a Final Destination 4 trailer out in the previews for MBV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:43 pm 
born to perform.

I can't WAIT to see My Bloody Valentine 3D!

By the way, I recently rented Wolf Creek. If you like good movies, do NOT watch this... possibly the worst horror I have ever seen. It is just an exercise in extreme cruelty, nothing more, and not even remotely scary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:

By the way, I recently rented Wolf Creek. If you like good movies, do NOT watch this... possibly the worst horror I have ever seen. It is just an exercise in extreme cruelty, nothing more, and not even remotely scary.

Oh yeah i've heard that was awful.

Who likes slaher movies? I do occasionally! Well NEVER EVER EVER IN THE FUTURE EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES rent Dark fields. It was the absolute worst pathetic attempt at a movie i've ever seen. I usually don't mind bad acting, but the acting was so pitiful that I almost threw up all over the screen. The story was so stupid even for a horror movie. Who the edited would go into a deserted farmous to look for gas? UGH.

A really good slasher movie is The Pool. It has some unbeleiveable death scenes and has an engrossing story for a slasher. I didn't really mind the acting as it was mediocre but not horrible. A whole bunch of scenes are pretty scary too.

The Pool- http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808420665/info
Dark Fields- http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809722134/info

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:06 am 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
MichaelKras wrote:

Oh yeah i've heard that was awful.

Who likes slaher movies? I do occasionally! Well NEVER EVER EVER IN THE FUTURE EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES rent Dark fields. It was the absolute worst pathetic attempt at a movie i've ever seen. I usually don't mind bad acting, but the acting was so pitiful that I almost threw up all over the screen. The story was so stupid even for a horror movie. Who the edited would go into a deserted farmous to look for gas? UGH.
you should watch Are You Scared, seriously bad acting in that.
A really good slasher movie is The Pool. It has some unbeleiveable death scenes and has an engrossing story for a slasher. I didn't really mind the acting as it was mediocre but not horrible. A whole bunch of scenes are pretty scary too.

The Pool- http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808420665/info
Dark Fields- http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809722134/info

Recently watched:

-Most of The Ring Two, which was really boring.(except the bathtub scene, that was pretty cool...The effect, not the scene)

-Most of Taken(bootleg...wasn't my copy), it was also kind of boring, the fight scenes are pretty good(if you like action), and the plot isn't half bad, but I don't think I'd own it.

-American Psycho. It was pretty good, not the best,but it had its moments.

Fear Itself Episodes:
-Sickness and Health
-Community
-Sacrifice
-Family Man

They were all pretty good, I really enjoyed Family Man and Community.(and I would reccomend them.) Sickness and Health had a good storyline, and it was overall pretty good, but it could've been better. Didn't really like Sacrifice, but it was goodnonetheless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:03 am 
born to perform.

I saw an odd little horror movie called Joshua. Really original and creepy movie. Check it out. And it's nothing how the trailer makes it out to be BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:41 pm 
born to perform.

ANyone else excited for the new Friday the 13th movie? I can't wait! It looks like it is going to stay true to the series, a sexy gorefest for all ages!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:59 pm 
born to perform.

harrybob10 wrote:
ANyone else excited for the new Friday the 13th movie? I can't wait! It looks like it is going to stay true to the series, a sexy gorefest for all ages!

I actually haven't seen anhy of teh original ones, but I might consider this one, it looks pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:57 pm 
born to perform.

harrybob10 wrote:

Yeah, I'm gonna see it. I'm not really a fan of Jason, but more of a Michael Myers guy.

BTW, anyone hear about the new Halloween movie called H2. Rob Zombie's making it once again. Even though his remake pretty much sucked, I'm excited, because......well it's Michael Myers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:18 pm 
born to perform.

I don't scare easily... at all. I can't remember the last time a movie genuinely scary.

Until now. I just finished watching a Spanish horror movie I rented called [REC] (Quarantine was loosely based on it)... my GOD I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. This movie made me SCREAM on more than one occasion. The best horror movie I have seen in a long time, and also the most effective. It starts slow, has a few scares here and there but is mostly just tense and disturbing. However, for the last 20 minutes things REALLY pick up and I challenge you to watch the end and not have to change your pants afterwards. You should be able to pick it up at Blockbuster.

It's filmed in shaky-cam style, and it's about a Tv newswoman, her cameraman, and firefighter being quarantined in an apartment building because... well, rent it and you'll see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

I just recently watched Unrest. One of the "8 films to die for" of 2 years ago. It's about This girl who enters medical school for the first year gets a strange sense whenever she sees her very young, butchered cadaver. And it soon seems that her spirit is gruesomely murdering people who come in contact with it. Now she has to figure out who she is and where she came from before it's too late. ~~~ Well, it's defiently not to die for. But it wasn't horrible. The story is alright but could have been strengthened. Some people acted well, some didn't. It wasn't very scarybut there were some pretty tense moments. There was one plot hole that I noticed particulary. In one scene, two students feel the cadaver and they feel that it is warm. But nowhere in the movie do you see any ghosts or walking dead so I'm not sure what the warm organs meant. In conclusion, there were some scenes that were very good that I think made Unrest worth seeing.

and michael congrats on the borntoperformedness :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:36 pm 
born to perform.

If anyone's looking for some Horror movie reviews, the best place to go is probably Cinemassacre, you might know James Rolfe from is AVGN Videos. You also might want to watch his horor films taht he made...sorry if I already posted this...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next