View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: anyone live around or in my area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:40 pm 
born to perform.

i live in alabama,cherokee county centre alabama i was wondering if anyone here lived in my area or near it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 pm 
born to perform.

im all alone lol i really have never met another magician in my area

ive met people who might know some easy card trick they got off the internet but knowone into magic like me:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

For the most part, it's really rare to have someone in your surrounding area who is into magic (unless you're really lucky :D ), other than professionals. The next best thing would be to join in the Tokbox chats that happen about once a week (they're discussed here).

Then again, it could be that there are magicians in your area, you just might not know about it (not every magician is on the Penguin Forums). You should check if there is an IBM in your area, then you'll know for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:16 pm 
born to perform.

there are people who do magic in the same state as me ive never met any of them but i know there are

anyways they dont live close too me

but i plan to go pro so ill probably meet some people who do magic eventually

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 pm 
Penguin

Im in the uk and in my area theres about 10 other magicians who dont do amgic full time so i guess im really lucky.Try your local IBM ring or SAM meeting and you'll find loads of magicians.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:21 pm 
born to perform.

As per regular internet safety, don't meet anyone from the Internet, however much you trust them, and if you are under 18, you should not be telling anyone where you live or meeting with anyone regardless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:19 pm 
born to perform.

There's a magic club in Huntsville. It's IBM Ring 194. A bit far to drive for regular meetings, but showing up for lectures would probably be worthwhile. Get yourself on their mailing list so you at least know when lectures are coming up. You'd be surprised at the kind of talent they have been able to acquire for the lectures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:53 pm 
born to perform.

odomenech wrote:
There's a magic club in Huntsville. It's IBM Ring 194. A bit far to drive for regular meetings, but showing up for lectures would probably be worthwhile. Get yourself on their mailing list so you at least know when lectures are coming up. You'd be surprised at the kind of talent they have been able to acquire for the lectures.

thanks do u live in alabama? also ukcop im 18

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:24 pm 
Team Penguin

I live in Georgia and know lots of fantastic performers who live near me and jam with me a lot. I live in a lil' part too. They are out there, you just have to find them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
odomenech wrote:

thanks do u live in alabama? also ukcop im 18

Yup. Much further south though. I lived in Huntsville up until about 9 months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:27 pm 
born to perform.

i checked out the ibm ring 194 site i probably want go down there considering id have to join the ibm and i dont have any money to spare right now but i may do it eventually my cousin knows a guy who does magic as a hobby he works at a bar as a sound guy or something so i knew there were people around just none really close to me lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:50 pm 

I'm moving to Montgomery in March. I don't know how far out that is from where you are, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
i checked out the ibm ring 194 site i probably want go down there considering id have to join the ibm and i dont have any money to spare right now but i may do it eventually my cousin knows a guy who does magic as a hobby he works at a bar as a sound guy or something so i knew there were people around just none really close to me lol

You don't have to join the IBM to join the ring. A lot of their members (maybe even most) aren't IBM members. In any case, I'm not suggesting you join, just that you visit at least once and get your name on their mailing list so you won't miss good lectures or shows. For example, Banacheck has performed at UAH two years in a row now, it would be difficult to find out about that if you weren't a student there and not on their mailing list. Also, they have had lectures by the likes of Joshua Jay, Michael Ammar, and Gazzo in the last few years.

exodus wrote:
I'm moving to Montgomery in March. I don't know how far out that is from where you are, though.

Pretty far. That's where I live now.

Good luck, it kinda sucks here. There is high brow entertainment (the Montgomery Ballet and Alabama Shakespere Festival are rather famous in their respective circles) and low brow (dozens of bars and clubs for thugs); and of course there's this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKK-WWwc ... re=related. Not much for those of us in between.

I'm going to guess that you are probably moving for something related to Maxwell, AFB. Word of caution: don't look for housing nearby, it's the ghetto. Get something in East Montgomery or Prattville instead. The area around Gunter annex, on the other hand, is fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:00 pm 
born to perform.

I do magic and I live by you... Meet me in the alley on the corner of 5th St. and 6th St tomorrow night at 11. Just don't tell anyone, Im bring magic and I dont want anyone to see how they are done. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

i really want to open up a magic shop when i get older because in our area magics not that popular so i want to change that i also plan to in the future to do some big escapes like the upside down straight jacket escape and some other stuff and maybe that will help people get more interested in magic

it would be great if someone who loves stage magic opened up a theater in my area so people could go see live stage magic i plan to do some stage magic but im really a close up performer i also do hypnosis but i really want to make magic popular where we live