View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:55 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Posts: 1017
Location: Shoreline, WA
Some may argue this, but the last episode of The Sopranos. At first I thought it "sucked", then I thought about it some more.... brilliant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Apr 2007
Posts: 1482
Location: Here
eostresh wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
The mist.

Oh totally! Not saying it was a bad movie but just way too depressing.


It wasn't bad like bad quality but it was a very unsatisfying ending that makes you hate Stephen King.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 2753
blackwidowcd wrote:
eostresh wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
The mist.

Oh totally! Not saying it was a bad movie but just way too depressing.


It wasn't bad like bad quality but it was a very unsatisfying ending that makes you hate Stephen King.

That's a good way to put it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 922
Location: cincinnati
The happening. Plants? really? I also didn't like the end for No Country for Old Men. seemed unresolved at the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 918
Location: Visit my blog at magic-yeti.blogspot.com
Seven and Mist both had sucked in my book but that is because I like some positive resolution in a movie. Movies that make me feel bad is not why I go to see movies. Seven was just a horrific movie with no redeeming value. No Country For Old Men was just plain useless. Why movies with absolutely no meaning get nominated for Academy awards is beyond comprehension.

Also there are a ton of ghost/paranormal movies that end with no ghost...turns out to be all in their head. Those rate high on the sucky movie ending scale.

I loved Law Abiding Citizen. I was mildly disappointed in the ending but overall that movie rocked.

[spoiler]
Gimpdiggity, you weren't paying close enough attention to the movie. All of the things you mentioned were fairly well explained and motivated in the storyline. The system was corrupt, the judge was corrupt, the DA was corrupt. Corruption in the judicial system was the primary theme of the movie. The DA wouldn't bring the bomb into the prison? Really? Well, seeing that the main character had threatened this guys family, blew off a judges head in front of him and killed several of his colleagues including the completely innocent lady attorney, I think that reaction was pretty well motivated.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Sep 2009
Posts: 2479
Location: Jackson, Michigan
tbwendt wrote:

[spoiler]
Gimpdiggity, you weren't paying close enough attention to the movie. All of the things you mentioned were fairly well explained and motivated in the storyline. The system was corrupt, the judge was corrupt, the DA was corrupt. Corruption in the judicial system was the primary theme of the movie. The DA wouldn't bring the bomb into the prison? Really? Well, seeing that the main character had threatened this guys family, blew off a judges head in front of him and killed several of his colleagues including the completely innocent lady attorney, I think that reaction was pretty well motivated.


Doesn't change the fact that it was completely unbelievable and basically impossible. You must've missed all of the lack of logic in it...don't really know how, because it's basically slapping you in the face the whole time you watch it...but somehow you managed to miss it.

Again, he was in PRISON before his trial. He was in PRISON while they didn't have enough evidence to warrant an arrest. Both of these are completely incorrect. People that are being held before trial get held in a jail, not a prison. People that don't have enough evidence to get a warrant issued against them, even if the police do decide to take them in, don't get held in a PRISON. Prison is for lengthy incarcerations. Generally anything over 365 days. It's not for holding a suspect during a trial, it's not for holding a suspect for questioning, it's not for anything other than holding convicted prisoners that are serving more than a year worth of time. Yet, here he was, in a prison...before and during his trial...while they didn't have enough evidence to get a warrant...and while they didn't really even have any reason to even suspect him of a crime in the first place.

That doesn't even go into the fact that he was in solitary confinement in prison and sneaking out for hours at a time, when in fact solitary confinement would require him to be checked on quite regularly...usually every half hour. And when those checks are made, flesh AND movement must be witnessed...meaning that it was LITERALLY impossible that he would have been able to be out of his cell doing what he was doing.

The reasons that I have given don't show that I wasn't paying attention...it shows that I was paying too much attention...and it shows that the movie is really only entertaining people that have very little knowledge about how the justice system in the United States actually works. There was no corruption...the trial at the beginning of the movie contained no corruption. It was exactly like MANY trials are, where one criminal offered to testify against another criminal in exchange for a lighter sentence. I ask you, what was corrupt about that?? It wasn't. At all. It was as normal as can possibly be. Butler's character was targeting those people solely out of an idiotic plot for revenge...a plot for revenge that was idiotic even by Hollywood's standards. He wasn't fighting corruption, he wasn't fighting for justice, he was fighting because HE didn't get what HE wanted...he was fighting for personal reasons, not against corruption.

I won't even go into what must be wrong with you if you actually think that it would be possible for the DA to bring a bomb into a prison. That may have been the type of reaction one would expect to WANT to have, but the actual logistics of it are completely and utterly absurd. Being motivated to do something and actually being able to do that thing are two completely different things. While I agree that he probably wanted to kill Butler's character, the fact that he brought a bomb into a prison is just ludicrous. The fact that you think it's a logical and actually a possibility is pretty amusing.

It was a horrible, horrible movie with no redeeming factors. The fact that you do NOT like "Se7en" but do like "Law Abiding Citizen" says a lot about your taste...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 918
Location: Visit my blog at magic-yeti.blogspot.com
I think you are the one that needs to take a deep breath and watch the movie again. The movie was about corruption. He was getting revenge on the system that allows people to get light sentences to get plea bargained to occur.

I do know a little about the legal system as I have studied criminal and personal law before I switched my major to comp sci. But I don't let that stand in the way of enjoying a good, reasonably well constructed movie. Chill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
cspace11 wrote:
The happening. Plants? really? I also didn't like the end for No Country for Old Men. seemed unresolved at the end.

I thought The Happening's ending wasn't bad for a Shyamalan movie. I mean, I've learned not to expect a lot from him, but for a movie in general, definitely below par. Same with The Village.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 2753
I agree with much of what Twent and cspace11 said. I'm not particularly fond of movies that leave me feeling like that. I don't always need a happy ending but at least give it one. No Country for Old Men did nothing for me. I can think of a few movies with bummer endings that at least made me think. Gallipolli, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, a few other like that but when I leave a movie depressed and wondering what, if anything, the point of all that was I usually get annoyed. The Ring was a movie that really ticked me off. Not the ending so much as the whole movie. A ghost that seeks revenge goes out and starts killing people who had nothing to do with the ghosts murder? Are you kidding me? So now that these people are dead I suppose they can be ghosts as well and why don't they put their new supernatural gifts to use seeking cosmic revenge on the ghost that killed them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 922
Location: cincinnati
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
cspace11 wrote:
The happening. Plants? really? I also didn't like the end for No Country for Old Men. seemed unresolved at the end.

I thought The Happening's ending wasn't bad for a Shyamalan movie. I mean, I've learned not to expect a lot from him, but for a movie in general, definitely below par. Same with The Village.


even for a shyamalan movie i thought is was bad...two of his movies had really GREAT endings in my opinion. the sixth sense(honestly who saw that coming the first time they watched it?) and signs. I know a lot of people didn't like signs but i really did for some reason. everything just seemed to come together so perfectly at the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
cspace11 wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
cspace11 wrote:
The happening. Plants? really? I also didn't like the end for No Country for Old Men. seemed unresolved at the end.

I thought The Happening's ending wasn't bad for a Shyamalan movie. I mean, I've learned not to expect a lot from him, but for a movie in general, definitely below par. Same with The Village.


even for a shyamalan movie i thought is was bad...two of his movies had really GREAT endings in my opinion. the sixth sense(honestly who saw that coming the first time they watched it?) and signs. I know a lot of people didn't like signs but i really did for some reason. everything just seemed to come together so perfectly at the end.

I definitely agree about The Sixth Sense. I didn't see Signs, so I don't have any comment about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 2753
I think if I had never seen a Shaymalan movie before The Village might have been Okay. But ...yeah I saw that one comming before the second act.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 922
Location: cincinnati
eostresh wrote:
I think if I had never seen a Shaymalan movie before The Village might have been Okay. But ...yeah I saw that one comming before the second act.


well i agree with you there...i still feel the village ending was pretty weak. As far as i'm concerned its tied 2-2 as far as shymalan endings goes. sixth sense and signs were good. village and happening not so good. So we need a tiebraker. I never saw lady in the water...was that one good or bad? (definitely don't think unbreakable deserves consideration bc of its terribly slow pace and lack of a definitive climax.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 2753
I thought it was good. Not one of his best but a very watchable movie. He wised up and stayed away from the twist ending stuff. It was just a supernatural/sci-fi type of movie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1738
Location: The John Hughes movie fan club.
Terrible movie ending you say? Well...

Pretty in Pink has my top vote. I loved the movie but at the end Ducky totally gets shafted and is left with nothing.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean the first 3 movies seemed mildly believable but their was way to much CGI and the Alien ending was terrible.

All the "Movie" movies (Epic, scary, date). All terrible in general with endings to suit.

Paranormal Activity. There really is no helping the people that can fall for something like that.

Jesus Christ Superstar. I mean really, who saw that ending coming.


As always,
Dylan


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.