View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Movies with Terrible Endings?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 pm 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
Terrible movie ending you say? Well...

Pretty in Pink has my top vote. I loved the movie but at the end Ducky totally gets shafted and is left with nothing.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean the first 3 movies seemed mildly believable but their was way to much CGI and the Alien ending was terrible.
completely disagree, although I haven't seen the first 3, though I don't think it would make a difference, I've heard the argument from both sides. From what I understand, all 4 movies cannot be taken seriously and the stuff that happens is impossible (like supernatural).
All the "Movie" movies (Epic, scary, date). All terrible in general with endings to suit.
Very very wrong in my opinion. All movies directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Disaster movie) are pure [edited]. However, movies directed by David Zucker (Scary Movie 3 & 4, Superhero Movie, and the Naked Gun series, among others, are well thought out, usually have a consistent storyline, and are generally funny. With the exception of Scary Movie 2. I hate when people group them all together like they're all the same [edited]. David Zucker knows how to make a movie, JF and AS do not. The Wayans Brothers are also relatively good at making these movies. (Scary Movie 1 & 2, Dance Flick). And Jim Abrahms (although as far as I know, the only spoof he did was Jane Austin's: Mafia!) is pretty good as well. (He works with Zucker often.)
Paranormal Activity. There really is no helping the people that can fall for something like that.
[b]The beginning of that movie sucked...some of the worst acting I've ever seen. I didn't once think or feel like it was actual footage. The entire time it felt staged, scripted, and unrealistic. (Which I guess is the directors fault.)

Jesus Christ Superstar. I mean really, who saw that ending coming.
Haven't watched it for a while...does he get Crucified?

As always,
Dylan

I'm gonna add Requiem for a Dream The movie was...well, it was just slow, and the ending didn't make up for it. The ending just wasn't impressive. There was nothing to anticipate, so any guess wouldn't matter, which means the ending could have been anything, so in this case, it was pretty bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 pm 
born to perform.

blackwidowcd wrote:
eostresh wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
The mist.

Oh totally! Not saying it was a bad movie but just way too depressing.

It wasn't bad like bad quality but it was a very unsatisfying ending that makes you hate Stephen King.

Actually Stephen King didn't write that ending. I read the novella after seeing the film and it ends in a much less depressing way. I preferred the film's ending though...less cheesy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:44 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
juliegel wrote:

Pretty in Pink has my top vote. I loved the movie but at the end Ducky totally gets shafted and is left with nothing.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I mean the first 3 movies seemed mildly believable but their was way to much CGI and the Alien ending was terrible.
completely disagree, although I haven't seen the first 3, though I don't think it would make a difference, I've heard the argument from both sides. From what I understand, all 4 movies cannot be taken seriously and the stuff that happens is impossible (like supernatural).
All the "Movie" movies (Epic, scary, date). All terrible in general with endings to suit.
Very very wrong in my opinion. All movies directed by Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Disaster movie) are pure [edited]. However, movies directed by David Zucker (Scary Movie 3 & 4, Superhero Movie, and the Naked Gun series, among others, are well thought out, usually have a consistent storyline, and are generally funny. With the exception of Scary Movie 2. I hate when people group them all together like they're all the same [edited]. David Zucker knows how to make a movie, JF and AS do not. The Wayans Brothers are also relatively good at making these movies. (Scary Movie 1 & 2, Dance Flick). And Jim Abrahms (although as far as I know, the only spoof he did was Jane Austin's: Mafia!) is pretty good as well. (He works with Zucker often.)
Paranormal Activity. There really is no helping the people that can fall for something like that.
[b]The beginning of that movie sucked...some of the worst acting I've ever seen. I didn't once think or feel like it was actual footage. The entire time it felt staged, scripted, and unrealistic. (Which I guess is the directors fault.)

As always,
Dylan

I'm gonna add Requiem for a Dream The movie was...well, it was just slow, and the ending didn't make up for it. The ending just wasn't impressive. There was nothing to anticipate, so any guess wouldn't matter, which means the ending could have been anything, so in this case, it was pretty bad.

But the music makes up for it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 pm 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
juliegel wrote:

As always,
Dylan

But the music makes up for it

lol, true enough.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:14 pm 
Penguin

Quarantine.

Quarantine Quarantine Quarantine.

Just horrible. They totally ruined the end of the Spanish film "REC", which is a million times better. Saying that, the end of both REC and REC2 had some criticisms. 95% of people thought they were stupendous but a few people thought they were awful because they were too "[edited]?!" I thought they were brilliant though. I can't say the same for Quarantine.

Terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 am 
born to perform.

The Sixth Sense

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 am 
Penguin

CupOTea wrote:
The Sixth Sense

No offense, and I'm not sure you're even serious, but give me a break! I criticize M. Night Shamalamadingdong more than anyone for the crap he's put out in the decade since Sense, but the ending to The Sixth Sense was fantastic. I saw this opening weekend with no idea that a twist was in store and when it came, it blew me away. Further, this was truly one of the most influential movies in modern history. The twist was so well carried out that tons of movies following this tried their hardest to achieve that moment where the audience realizes a simple truth was staring them in the face the entire time (heck even the finale of Lost was based on a similar theme) .

The thing about The Sixth Sense is that when it came out, twists of that nature were not all that common. It was different than all the other movies coming out around that time. There have been so many other variations on the same idea since Sense, if you were to see it now for the first time, I doubt it would have the impact it had back in 1999. I'm sure there are those that figured it out, but the vast majority at the time fell for it hook, line, and sinker. I remember the gasps in the crowd the night I saw it when the revelation occured, and chatted with a few strangers as we made are way out to the lobby. It was one of those rare movie going experiences where you actually felt like you shared something special with others in attendance.

Don't misunderstand me because I'm not saying Sense was the first movie to offer such a twist. I'm simply saying it was done incredibly well and without question was one of the most influential films ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am 
born to perform.

Okay I've got one to add...Knowing...That was the lamest excuse for an ending I've seen in recent memory. Absolutely horrible.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:50 pm 
born to perform.

mcdog474 wrote:
CupOTea wrote:
The Sixth Sense

and I'm not sure you're even serious

Ya i was just kiddin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:47 am 
born to perform.

CupOTea wrote:
mcdog474 wrote:
CupOTea wrote:
The Sixth Sense

and I'm not sure you're even serious

Ya i was just kiddin

GOOD! The Sixth Sense is one of the most touching movies I've seen, especially because of the ending.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:23 am 
born to perform.

I don't know if someone said it or not, but Vanilla Sky. I know a lot of people love this movie, but that was such a cheap ending. It's like they threw in as many twists as they possibly could and crazy events, and copped out of a decent explanation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 am 
born to perform.

nikiel wrote:
I don't know if someone said it or not, but Vanilla Sky. I know a lot of people love this movie, but that was such a cheap ending. It's like they threw in as many twists as they possibly could and crazy events, and copped out of a decent explanation.

How so?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:21 pm 
born to perform.

Have you seen it? Well if you haven't....(Spoilers ahead)

They used the dream out. Tom Cruise freezes himself in this thing made by this company so that you can dream until you want to wake up, but something went wrong and it turned into a nightmare. And that explained the movie. -_-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 pm 
Team Penguin

nikiel wrote:

They used the dream out. Tom Cruise freezes himself in this thing made by this company so that you can dream until you want to wake up, but something went wrong and it turned into a nightmare. And that explained the movie. -_-

NO WAY! That's crazy! I haven't seen you on in forever! What is up with getting all the old posters back?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:41 pm 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
nikiel wrote:

I like it. Hey Nikiel, how have you been?

NO WAY! That's crazy! I haven't seen you on in forever! What is up with getting all the old posters back?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next