View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Paranormal activity 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:31 am 
born to perform.

I thought this wouldnt ever happen, but it is.

www.paranormalmovie.com

Thoughts?

Personally, I would like to see it, but I wont expect it to be as good as the first one.

-Max

Post subject: Re: Paranormal activity 2
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 pm 
born to perform.

I WANT to see it, but seeing as I could barely sleep at all after seeing the first one, I probably shouldn't watch it...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:56 pm 
born to perform.

Nooo! This is horrible...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:01 pm 
Team Penguin

I thought the first was awful but REALLY interesting. I MIGHT go see this one, if not I'll watch it online or when it comes out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:23 pm 
born to perform.

The first one is one of the best horror movies ever.

I'll probably go see this one in theaters, but I won't be expecting too much.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:08 pm 
born to perform.

Gimpdiggity wrote:
Quote:
:shock: I hope you're joking.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:06 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
Gimpdiggity wrote:
Quote:
:shock: I hope you're joking.

I'm not joking at all.

And to be honest, I could care less about your opinion of movies. You think the acting in "The Dark Knight" is mediocre, and that "The Last Airbender" was awesome. Clearly your idea of a good movie is about as far off as you can get...either that, or you're just a kid that doesn't understand what a good movie actually is. I'm guessing it's a combination of the two.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 pm 
born to perform.

gimpdiggity wrote:
I'm not joking at all.

And to be honest, I could care less about your opinion of movies. You think the acting in "The Dark Knight" is mediocre, and that "The Last Airbender" was awesome. Clearly your idea of a good movie is about as far off as you can get...either that, or you're just a kid that doesn't understand what a good movie actually is. I'm guessing it's a combination of the two.

And yet that's exactly what you sound like...a kid that doesn't understand what a good movie actually is.
You're gonna base my opinion of a good movie based on two movies? Saying that Paranormal Activity is good is to me from you is like saying The Last Airbender was good to you from me.

If you must know, my idea of a good movie is as follows:
-The Butterfly Effect
-Pi
-Shaun of the Dead
-Hot Fuzz
-Scream (series)
-SAW (series)
-Watchmen
-Kick-[edited]
-Spider Man (1 & 2)
-Tekkonkinkreet (a movie you probably wouldn't be able to grasp the true depth of)
-Pretty much anything by Haiyo Miyazaki or Studio Ghibli
-Ink
I could go on, but I think the point that my taste in movies is not one-sided is pretty clear. Unlike you, my taste in movies is based on more than good acting and other peoples opinions.

Paranormal Activity was pure crap. It was obvious acting and bad visual effects. Which kind of makes me wonder...if you care so much about good acting, how could you possibly like Paranormal Activity?

On the note of The Dark Knight. I liked the movie, and I don't think you can get that through your head, but try. The story was excellent and the acting was alright (Heath Ledger was clearly the only one who really pushed his limits to do an amazing job as far as acting goes. Christian Bale did a good job, but it definitely wasn't amazing. The rest were forgettable.) The visual effects were excellent and the costume and set design were exceptional. Don't act as if I thought it was a bad movie.

Also, I never said that The Last Airbender was "awesome", I said it was a genuinely good movie. I didn't say it was amazing or the best movie I'd ever seen, all I was saying was that it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:17 am 
born to perform.

Everyone hating on flappy lately, not that I agree with most of his views on movies and stuff but were on an internet forum here, were entitled to an opinion. I, for example, think "Dude wheres my Car" is a cinimatic masterpiece :lol:

As for Paranormal activity two, I enjoyed the first one. It was miles ahead of slasher horror films and things like "Saw" as far as getting into your head and creeping you out, but as a movie it wasn't really the hardest thing to pull off. I had a lot of fun in the theater and it was worth me renting and showing to my friends.

Hopefully they don't do some stupid tie-in to the first movie. It should maybe go as far as being the same demon, but if Katie shows up and starts stabbing people I'ma lol. I'm sort of excited for it and will see it in theaters.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:34 am 
born to perform.

harrybob10 wrote:
Hopefully they don't do some stupid tie-in to the first movie. It should maybe go as far as being the same demon, but if Katie shows up and starts stabbing people I'ma lol. I'm sort of excited for it and will see it in theaters.

Thats probably what the'yre going to do though. In the trailer, Katie is in the doorway to the bedroom.

-Max

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 am 
born to perform.

harrybob10 wrote:
Everyone hating on flappy lately, not that I agree with most of his views on movies and stuff but were on an internet forum here, were entitled to an opinion. I, for example, think "Dude wheres my Car" is a cinimatic masterpiece :lol:
Quote:
Thanks bob. And I quite enjoyed Dude Where's My Car...lol

As for Paranormal activity two, I enjoyed the first one. It was miles ahead of slasher horror films and things like "Saw" as far as getting into your head and creeping you out, but as a movie it wasn't really the hardest thing to pull off. I had a lot of fun in the theater and it was worth me renting and showing to my friends.
Quote:
I agree with what you said about SAW, but SAW is not meant to be that kind of movie, at least not on the surface, once you really get into the story it gets more there, but still, not that kind of movie. Perhaps I will give Paranormal Activity another shot, but last time I tried to watch it I just couldn't get over how obvious the acting was. It was like, I wanted to see genuinely real-looking footage, etc...

Lol...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

I thought this was kind of interesting, when you load the page, you get a loading banner that looks like this:

Is it just me, or does it look like there are letters inside the boxes?

I re-colered the original boxes that house the "letters" red, as you can see here:

It looks like it says:

"huntcr"

I'm guessing it's actually saying:

"hunter"

Is it a clue to something?

What do you guys make of it?

-Max

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

The first one was garbage, this one will be garbage, all movies in the future about anything similar will probably be garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
The first one was garbage, this one will be garbage, all movies in the future about anything similar will probably be garbage.

And everything sucks! :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm 
Team Penguin

I might just voice my opinion here. There was obviously a reason the first did so well in theaters. I can't really say why but I'm guessing it was all the build up. They did a very good job on production. They did a great job dressing it up and making it seem like something a ghost would actually do. Not that I really know but I would be scared if any part of what happened in there happened in real life. People screamed at every little part. Even if they weren't scary.

I don't know. BUT, a good movie in my opinion has a beginning, middle and end. This movie lacked that. There was no real climax or legitimate buildup. There was no reason so sit through it and watch it all except for the end which, if you watch on it's own, you wouldn't have missed any key detail. The same goes for all the saw movies.

The only reason people went to see them was because of the gore which, on it's own, would make a much better movie than with the crappy story line that adds nothing to the movies themselves. I can't believe there have been so many of them to be honest with you. I will probably see the last one though because of the 3D (which is unnecessary but will be terriifying) and Chester Bennington has a small part in it :D