View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Need a good movie to watch...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Should really look into a few I listed.

These all deal with the mind: K-pax, 44 Inch Chest, Mr Brooks, Franklyn.
Quote:
I'll check 'em out

I thought about the butterfly effect. I even own it. But its not a movie I really recommend, since its not for most people.

Pi comes to mind... but I think youve seen it.
Quote:
Yep. Really enjoyed it too.

Dream Catcher, Hamlet, Psycho 4, 1408, The Shining, Secret Window, Fear and Loathing in LAs Vegas (though you're probably too young to get that one).
Quote:
I doubt it. And how young do you think I am? I saw The Shining (both versions) and I thought they were both awful. I liked 1408, and I never finished Secret Window, but I want to.

Silence of the lambs would only fit.. if you counted the mind games Hannibal plays.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If you're not over 20 and have done certain things, you wont understand the movie. Its really out there. You'll think you do, but honestly dont. In my honest opinion. Maybe read the book first, and if you get that. Then watch the movie.
(We've had this age discussion before, dont take such a bloody offense to it every time. Age can be a factor, whether you want to admitt it or not.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:04 am 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
If you're not over 20 and have done certain things, you wont understand the movie. Its really out there. You'll think you do, but honestly dont. In my honest opinion. Maybe read the book first, and if you get that. Then watch the movie.
(We've had this age discussion before, dont take such a bloody offense to it every time. Age can be a factor, whether you want to admitt it or not.)

I don't mean to sound rude, I just think age doesn't always express maturity and understanding. I will look into the book.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:15 am 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:

I don't mean to sound rude, I just think age doesn't always express maturity and understanding. I will look into the book.

He's not referring to maturity or understanding. He talking about life and experience. Age is always a factor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 am 
Emperor Penguin

revelation77 wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:

He's not referring to maturity or understanding. He talking about life and experience. Age is always a factor.

Exactly... couldnt have said it better myself (obiviously :lol: )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 am 
born to perform.

I watched the trailer, and now I understand what you mean. And I do admit, I don't think I would be able to fully grasp the depth of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:31 pm 
born to perform.

Smokin' Aces
Little Miss Sunhsine
Sunshine (Cillian Murphy)
The Pianist
Schindler's List (Sp?)
Downfall

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:32 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
I watched the trailer, and now I understand what you mean. And I do admit, I don't think I would be able to fully grasp the depth of it.

What movie are you speaking of?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 am 
born to perform.

Philal wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:

What movie are you speaking of?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

I watched A Beautiful Mind, and I enjoyed it. Really interesting, odd, but good. It's based on a true story, right?

Philal wrote:
Smokin' Aces
Little Miss Sunhsine
Sunshine (Cillian Murphy)
The Pianist
Schindler's List (Sp?)
Downfall

I absolutely loved Little Miss Sunshine, and I haven't seen all of it, but what I have seen of Schindler's List made it seem excellent (and I actually was planning on watching the whole thing).

I've also seen 300, but I think I should watch it again. I didn't think it was as good as everyone made it out to be, but I think if I gave it another chance, I would appreciate it more. And speaking of Zack Snyder (sort of), I loved Watchmen, and I think Sucker Punch looks awesome!

Last edited by FlapJackGeorge on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.