View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dan 3.0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am 
born to perform.

I don't know if any of you know who Dan Brown is (no, not the dude who wrote The Davinci Code, Angels and Demons, and The Lost Symbol. The Video Blogger on YouTube.)

Well, either way, Dan 3.0 is a project he started where he's giving control of his life over to the viewers for a whole year. The first episode was yesterday (August 3rd).

I find it really cool and exciting, but that may be because I have been watching him from the beginning. Anyway, if any of you are interested, you can find more info at the following places:
Revision3
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/pogobat?blend=2&ob=4]Pogobat (Dan's YouTube channel)
Dan 3.0 Blog

Post subject: Re: Dan 3.0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:49 am 
Penguin

I've been following Dan from the beginning. I think this idea is awesome. Anyone watch Ray William Johnson? Any ideas on to what his super secret project is?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:05 am 
born to perform.

Kawakazi wrote:
I've been following Dan from the beginning. I think this idea is awesome. Anyone watch Ray William Johnson? Any ideas on to what his super secret project is?

His Super Secret Project was/is Dan 3.0...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:11 am 
Penguin

Lol. Sorry. I meant if you knew what Ray William Johnson's super secret project was.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:13 am 
born to perform.

Kawakazi wrote:
Lol. Sorry. I meant if you knew what Ray William Johnson's super secret project was.

Oh, lol, no, I don't even know who that is. (I've heard the name mentioned though)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 am 
born to perform.

Watched the intro video, and immediately wanted him to jump off a cliff or tall building.
Think he'll do it if I ask?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 am 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:
Watched the intro video, and immediately wanted him to jump off a cliff or tall building.

May I ask why that is?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:10 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
akirafist wrote:

May I ask why that is?

Because he's annoying, much like a lot of the other internet "sensations."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:39 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
akirafist wrote:

May I ask why that is?

Let's review:

- He's such a chode that he can't get any strangers to high five him. If he had an IQ over 7, he'd have yelled I WON THE LOTTERY and gotten about 50 within a few minutes. Even the lady reporter was standing 80 yards away from him. She smelled his chode-ness.

- He goes to the newsroom and asks 3rd grade questions (CAN I PRESS ALL THE BUTTONS?! CAN IT CAN I CAN I CAN I CAN I ?!?!?!), probably because of a self-bloating press release to hype his channel.

- The main focus was him drinking coffee. Zzzzzzzzzzz. He's not fun to watch. If you're gonna spend the whole time talking into the camera, at least be fun to watch (or funny).

- What evanbishop said. I've had dental surgeries that were more entertaining.

- He's a guy. A girl would have been significantly more interesting. Preferably with a huge rack.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:01 pm 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
akirafist wrote:

May I ask why that is?

Let's review:

- He's such a chode that he can't get any strangers to high five him. If he had an IQ over 7, he'd have yelled I WON THE LOTTERY and gotten about 50 within a few minutes. Even the lady reporter was standing 80 yards away from him. She smelled his chode-ness.
Quote:
Okay then, you go film yourself getting 50 high-fives from people. Let's see how easy it is.

- He goes to the newsroom and asks 3rd grade questions (CAN I PRESS ALL THE BUTTONS?! CAN IT CAN I CAN I CAN I CAN I ?!?!?!), probably because of a self-bloating press release to hype his channel.
Quote:
Okay, first of all, he didn't act like that at all. And I can't begin to understand why you would think that. (Probably because you're being arrogant, and you haven't actually seen any of his other videos.

- The main focus was him drinking coffee. Zzzzzzzzzzz. He's not fun to watch. If you're gonna spend the whole time talking into the camera, at least be fun to watch (or funny).
Quote:
Okay, the opposite of what you said is true. But besides that, cut him a break, it's the first day...Also, he was drinking tea...shows how much you were paying attention.

Quote:
Again, it's the first day, you try letting people decide what you do for a whole year and see how it goes...give him time to adjust...

- He's a guy. A girl would have been significantly more interesting. Preferably with a huge rack.

Definitely not true. And that last comment just shows your immaturity.

Look, I'm fine if you don't like him, but don't make it as if he's something he's not, and don't be a jerk about it.

evanbishop wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
akirafist wrote:

May I ask why that is?

Because he's annoying, much like a lot of the other internet "sensations."

Annoying? How is he annoying?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:36 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
Probably because you're being arrogant, and you haven't actually seen any of his other videos ... And that last comment just shows your immaturity ... and don't be a jerk about it.

As per doing high fives, I don't "prove myself" to people in real life, much less anonymous folks I meet on the internet. But I do find it interesting that you take my opinion about this guy's video as a personal attack, even when it's not directed at you. You gotta relax. It's just my opinion. Sounds like we disagree, and that's awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:

I would certainly watch Marisa Miller 3.0

I've been following him for a while now too. 3.0 is off to a bad start but I'll give it time. We'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 am 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
akirafist wrote:

I would certainly watch Marisa Miller 3.0

I've been following him for a while now too. 3.0 is off to a bad start but I'll give it time. We'll see.

I agree, but I think today's episode wasn't bad, I think he's getting the hang of things and whatnot...I guess we'll see as it progresses.

akirafist wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
Probably because you're being arrogant, and you haven't actually seen any of his other videos ... And that last comment just shows your immaturity ... and don't be a jerk about it.

As per doing high fives, I don't "prove myself" to people in real life, much less anonymous folks I meet on the internet. But I do find it interesting that you take my opinion about this guy's video as a personal attack, even when it's not directed at you. You gotta relax. It's just my opinion. Sounds like we disagree, and that's awesome.

I'm not taking it as a personal attack, I just don't think it's fair to say you could do it, but give no reason for anyone to believe it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:25 pm 
born to perform.

akirafist wrote:

LMAOOO :lol: :lol: :lol: