View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
Any Pengunin's drink tea (other than me)?

if so, what kinds?

I drink Green Tea, Jasmine, and I've had Earl Grey (which I think is alright). I really like Jasmine though. And I want to try Oolong.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:23 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2004
Posts: 1802
Location: ~loony~ I wish i knew
The only times in my life I have had tea {Besides at Chinese Restraunts :D } is when I am very sick and willing to try anything to get better. Because of this I have sort of a bad conotation with tea. Also, I think it tastes like slightly flavored bad water. However if there is any tea that doesn't taste like that I'm more than willing to go buy it and tell you what I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:51 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
harrybob10 wrote:
The only times in my life I have had tea {Besides at Chinese Restraunts :D } is when I am very sick and willing to try anything to get better. Because of this I have sort of a bad conotation with tea. Also, I think it tastes like slightly flavored bad water. However if there is any tea that doesn't taste like that I'm more than willing to go buy it and tell you what I think.

Lol, well, I originally started drinking Green Tea because of all the health benefits. At first it smells bad and the taste is something you have to get used to, but once you do, you begin to enjoy it more. Jasmine tea is good. Most tea though doesn't have a strong flavor though...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 7253
Location: Texas
Sweet Tea
and in the winter
Constant Comment


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 09 May 2004
Posts: 213
Location: Over the hills and far away
Anything besides Jumpy Monkey from David's Tea, it's just to bitter for my taste...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 2713
I'm surprised Popchris wasn't the first on here for this hehe. I tried living healthier by drinking more tea but after it came out white the last time I had it, I lost my taste for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Dec 2003
Posts: 899
Location: in ur wires blockin ur internets
Only lipton or brisk sweet tea, I really cant stand most hot teas like green tea. But peppermint is alright sometimes.

-Max


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 4235
Location: Continuously practicing, even as I type.
TEATEATEA!!!

YES.

But not the crappy bagged stuff.

I go to Teavana and Mighty Leaf and buy good stuff. Looseleaf actually has the health benefits; when you bag it, it goes thru a long process that takes out most of the benefits.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 12 May 2006
Posts: 922
Location: cincinnati
Earl Grey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Posts: 2167
Location: Stuck in a Closet with Vanna White
Popchris wrote:
TEATEATEA!!!

YES.

But not the crappy bagged stuff.

I go to Teavana and Mighty Leaf and buy good stuff. Looseleaf actually has the health benefits; when you bag it, it goes thru a long process that takes out most of the benefits.

I've never heard of those places, but I went on the Teavana website, and there's one pretty close to my house. How do you know what to buy? (Or maybe I should be asking, what do you buy?)

Also, how do you make it if it isn't in a bag?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:46 am 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Posts: 8861
Location: Las Vegas
Visit any good tea shop and you'll see how to make it. There are infusers and tea balls of all kinds that don't use bags. Although I don't use it much (my wife and her friends are the tea drinkers, not me)I have a Bodum tea press that works quite well.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 03 Aug 2007
Posts: 4235
Location: Continuously practicing, even as I type.
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
Popchris wrote:
TEATEATEA!!!

YES.

But not the crappy bagged stuff.

I go to Teavana and Mighty Leaf and buy good stuff. Looseleaf actually has the health benefits; when you bag it, it goes thru a long process that takes out most of the benefits.

I've never heard of those places, but I went on the Teavana website, and there's one pretty close to my house. How do you know what to buy? (Or maybe I should be asking, what do you buy?)

Also, how do you make it if it isn't in a bag?


Quite often you can get a relatively cheap "Tea-Infuser" or something along those lines; you put the tea in the ball, or cup, and let it steep. The loose-leaf tea is a lot better than the stuff in the bags, but you brew it the same way... You just have to provide the "bag".

As far as what to get, my favorite is Caribbean Breeze. There are a LOT of them though, so I would just buy about 2 oz of a few kinds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Apr 2006
Posts: 1044
Location: Brooklyn-"Fuhgedaboudit!"
I occasionally drink Wissotzky Vanilla Tea.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 2713
My first post wasn't very accurate. I love iced tea. Lipton of course. At work I almost always have a cup of raspberry iced tea next to me. It's some of the best tasting iced tea I've ever had. Brisk makes excellent raspberry iced tea from the fountain. It's rare to find it around here but I did it and it was very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tea?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:02 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
I drink tea when I'm sick


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.