View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Greenday 21st century breakdown tour!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:51 pm 
Team Penguin

My dad got 2 tickets to see Green Day for his 50th birthday the other day and I got to go with him to see them with him. We had lawn seats but they really wern't bad. We could see the stage clearly from where we were standing and there were a bunch of screens to watch.

This was the first show in the tour in Camden, NJ. I think it was one of the greatest live shows I've ever seen. The warm up band was AFI and I personally thought they were terrible. I could barely sit through it. They got almost no applause. But then after that and some music, a guy dressed in a pink bunny costume came on stage and danced around and got the crowd warmed up. It was hysterical because the guy must have been drunk or something because he could barely walk straight and fell walking up the stairs. Then the YMCA came on and he could barely do it.

Finally, Green Day came on and the crowd went berzerk. The lighting was genius and there was lots of smoke and fire on stage. It felt like they played almost every song they did. After about 2 hours, they started their encore(s). It started with Shout and then they played Iron Man, Sweet Child Of Mine, and Hey Jude which was awesome because everybody got really into it. There was a part when Billy Joe brought a kid up on stage and gave him a big hose and he sprayed everybody in the pit with water and toilet paper.

Nobody thought they would do an Encore after playing the last set of songs which lasted at least 30-45 minutes long but they did. The lights came on and they played American Idiot which was really good plus about 4 other songs including the entire Jesus of Suburbia. THEN they were about done after that.

I loved the show and have way more respect for them after this. It was so cool that I finally got to see them and it played for almost 3 hours. If they are going to be in your area, GO SEE THEM! I normally wouldn't have spent 35 bucks on a tshirt but I had to after this. Plus this was the first show on their tour which was cool. Especially on such a nice breezy night.

Post subject: Re: Greenday 21st century breakdown tour!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

Greenday? Is that that band that used to do some sick acid punk rock that does ballads now?

Also, if I was sprayed with water and then I had toilet paper thrown on me, I'd wonder where the water came from.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:56 pm 
Team Penguin

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
Greenday? Is that that band that used to do some sick acid punk rock that does ballads now?

Also, if I was sprayed with water and then I had toilet paper thrown on me, I'd wonder where the water came from.
You win again sweeper. You had my laughing. Yeah they do pretty much the same style. I don't think they've really changed too much. I still think he has one of the more annoying voices. But this concert was AMAZING. Dan Hauss was there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:02 pm 
born to perform.

I like their old stuff but I hear 21 guns and I cry on the inside. I'm sure they're still sick performers though.