View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jackass 3D movie in October
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:38 am 
born to perform.

Epic, love it.

Looks like one of the guys is already hurt pretty badly:

Post subject: Re: Jackass 3D movie in October
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm 
born to perform.

Oh my God! I want to see it. I really enjoyed the first two. Is Jimmy Fallen (sp?) in this one?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:31 pm 
Team Penguin

Yet another movie that SHOULDN'T Be in 3D. I can only imagine the kinds of things they will have popping right out at us :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:49 am 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
Yet another movie that SHOULDN'T Be in 3D. I can only imagine the kinds of things they will have popping right out at us :roll:

And why shouldn't it be in 3D? Is there some guideline for movies that should and should not be in 3D? Honestly, I'm not a big fan of 3D, but I'm not against it, if a movie company decides they want their movie in 3D I have no problem with that...as long as they decide that from the beginning and not 2 weeks before the movie is released...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:54 am 
Emperor Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
Yet another movie that SHOULDN'T Be made in the first place :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:43 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

I would defend the point that no movie should be made, movies are made for entertainment and this looks entertaining. Just my 8¢.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:01 pm 
Team Penguin

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

I would defend the point that no movie should be made, movies are made for entertainment and this looks entertaining. Just my 8¢.

I love your style of arguing, and I would generally agree. However, these movies have just always had NO purpose, mean nothing and if nothing else, for your cheap entertainment give plenty of young people the idea that this stuff is a good idea.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I can't believe i'm agreeing with the FlapJack.

My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard during jackass 2, i'll be seeing jackass 3D opening night. Probably be the first movie since Shutter Island that i will pay full price for.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm 
born to perform.

afi wrote:

My cheeks hurt from laughing so hard during jackass 2, i'll be seeing jackass 3D opening night. Probably be the first movie since Shutter Island that i will pay full price for.

Lol...

Popchris wrote:
I love your style of arguing, and I would generally agree. However, these movies have just always had NO purpose, mean nothing and if nothing else, for your cheap entertainment give plenty of young people the idea that this stuff is a good idea.

Ha ha, I agree, they are pointless and frankly just stupid. But it's fun to watch people be stupid I guess. And since my friend can get me in for free, I'll probably see it. If he couldn't...I most-likely would just wait for the DVD. And yeah, young people...they're so...young...:D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:28 pm 
born to perform.

afi wrote:

AGREED, jackass movies have probably brought me more laughter and joy than any other movie ever made. I'm pumped for this to come out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

harrybob10 wrote:
afi wrote:

AGREED, jackass movies have probably brought me more laughter and joy than any other movie ever made. I'm pumped for this to come out.

Thats sad, and a (bad) sign of whats happening to todays population.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:37 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
harrybob10 wrote:
afi wrote:

Thats sad, and a (bad) sign of whats happening to todays population.

Not really, considering its a whole series of tv shows and two movies. I can't think of another series nearly as funny with as much content to watch.

I really don't like it when people use blanket statements like "This is a horrible sign of what is happening to todays population." Todays population huh? I guess that I, someone who gets decent grades shows compassion towards others and has his head wrapped around the way the world works along with having a set plan in my life is a horrible sign of todays population just because I like stupid movies that even my parents think are funny.

I think comments like that are a horrible sign of what is happening to todays older generation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 am 
Penguin

Strange as it may sound, Jackass has a special place in my heart. A few years ago, one of my best friends called me devastated that the her recently ex boyfriend was about to become a father with another woman. To cheer her up I traveled down to her place to watch a couple movies, one of which was Jackass 2 (someone from work had lent it to her a couple weeks earlier and she hadn't yet watched it). I never really got into the show, so wasn't exactly thrilled to watch the movie, but man did that change. I have to admit I laughed hysterically throughout. And in spite of herself and her situation, my friend laughed hysterically too. It was the most mindless entertainment imaginable at a time when mindless entertainment was needed the most.

As for it giving kids the bad idea to try this stuff....I can see why that is a concern but I very firmly believe it's the parents responsibility to instill in their kids the common sense to not do idiotic things like this. Similar arguments can be (and have been) made against many forms of entertainment (pro wrestling, MMA, heck even ice hockey), but you can't prevent people from providing entertainment to the masses, because of potential consequences to a few. And I stress there is a big difference between potential consequences and guaranteed (or even likely) consequences.

When I saw the preview for Jackass 3D, I told my friend about it and we made plans to go see it together and I have no problem admitting I can't wait!

It's definitely not for everyone but one thing I've learned in my time on this earth is that a little low brow humor every now and then can be good for the soul.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:43 pm 
Team Penguin

I don't know. Sometimes these movies are kind of funny but then again, what's the point? I think the use of 3D is being taken advantage of now. EVERY movie is becoming 3D and it's really annoying now. If you can afford the extra 12 bucks per person to see a movie then great but is it really necessary to watch these guys shoot rockets out of their butts to come right off the screen at you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 am 
born to perform.

Jackass has had me rolling in tears. This is probably one movie that I'm interested to see in 3-D.