no, he's not trying to shut down the world system, he hasn't the authority. But the rest of the world will fill back in the US branch. Between that and switching back to dial up for a month the only thing we will notice is a minor lack of speed and loss of the use of landline phones while searching the internet.
- what do you mean by "fill back in the US branch"?
- If the only thing we could notice is a "minor lack of speed" and "loss of the use of landline phones", what is the big hoopla all about?
- If a person can hit the switch, where is the double standard you refered to in my Titanic post?
1. It's like sticking your finger into sand at the beach, the sand all around it refills the lost area. It's like prohibition without as much violence, people will not stop using the internet.
2. That's what I've been trying to tell people, but when a bunch of turkeys hear gunshots around Thanksgiving, they don't assume a race just started, even though it might have.
3. The Titanic Analagy is a double standard because the Titanic was under the control of a small number of humans. The internet is under the control of everybody and anybody while at the same time nobody. If everyone in the world didn't feel like going on the internet for a year, it could still be picked up right from where it was left off. Nobody has any form of control over it.