View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Kras Vlog!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:58 am 
born to perform.

I'm starting a vlog! Random thoughts, magic, theatre, and free effects! This is just an introduction, and I filmed it on a webcam as opposed to my usual good quality camera so I apologize for the video's quality.

So please check it out, and if you like what you see, please SUBSCRIBE! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wxlJMlIbtA

Michael Kras

Last edited by MichaelKras on Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Kras Vlog ENTRY 1
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 am 
born to perform.

Fix the audio, otherwise no one will watch it. Sorry, that's just from experience. I know you address this problem in the vlog itself, but what you should have done is just written down what you were going to say and then filmed it when you had a good camera. I also would get a little less goofy, I know you weren't over-the-top or anything, but when I'm watching a vlog, I usually like it to be consistent, with subtle goofiness. (WeezyWaiter is the exception).

The content of the video wasn't bad. You made your point and you said what you wanted to say. But I think it was too much of a "first vlog". I mean, I think you should just go right into whatever topics you want to address from the beginning. And maybe have a short cut where you say that it's your first vlog, or just say it in the "dooblydoo" (not sure if I spelled that right.)

Just my 8ยข. take it or leave it...

Keep it up, though, man, I definitely want to see more. Don't get discouraged either, if you have a low view-count or if you don't feel like anyone's watching your videos, just keep making 'em. They'll catch on sooner or later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm 
born to perform.

I love your videos Michael, but yeah you HAVE to fix the audio. I couldn't even get through this first video. Hopefully the rest will be better though!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:46 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you for the feedback my friend! The next video I film will most certainly be with a quality camera with GOOD SOUND. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:04 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:
Thank you for the feedback my friend! The next video I film will most certainly be with a quality camera with GOOD SOUND. :)

Haha I'll be watching then! :)

Post subject: Re: The Kras Vlog!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:12 am 
born to perform.

Here's the second entry of The Kras Vlog! Sound quality has improved and will be even better once I get home.

From magic to life and everything in between, here it is! If you like what you see, please SUBSCRIBE and stay updated!

Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJuYXm9JOCc

Post subject: Re: The Kras Vlog!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:
Here's the second entry of The Kras Vlog! Sound quality has improved and will be even better once I get home.

From magic to life and everything in between, here it is! If you like what you see, please SUBSCRIBE and stay updated!

Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJuYXm9JOCc

Definitely better. But...

Here's my critique:
1.Move on. In my opinion, you're either saying the same thing too much, or you're on the same subject for too long (This is not always a bad thing, but a vlog should always be progressive, every second of it. And I didn't feel like it was all of the time.)
2.Don't film on Tile Floors. Tile floors distort the audio. Film in a place with carpet or wooden floors. The audio was definitely better, but it was still static'y, and this is most likely due to the tile floors in the bathroom. I don't know the quality of the camera you used, but that might also be a problem. (If it is the camera, it isn't a big deal)
3.Odd lighting. I dunno if your camera was set to an "auto-lighting" or "auto-focus" setting, but the lighting changed back and forth quite a bit, which was somewhat distracting.
4.Intro an Outro. I would suggest sticking with some words of intro, or an intro video that you use in all of your vlogs. (Whether you just say "Howdy dudes" or "What's up YouTubers?" or if you have a whole, short little intro video, I think this makes the vlog more fluent and consistent. A "sign-off" of sorts is also nice to see in vlogs. Just like "Please rate, comment, and subscribe." or, again, an outro video is always nice. (I understand you're not at home and editing might be an issue right now, but for future reference.)
5.subscribe, Subscribe, SUBSCRIBE! Once is enough, this could also be part of your outro. But it really isn't necessary to say more than once. Just a quick thing, etc.
6. Consistent updates. Determine whether or not you're going to make a new video every day, week, etc. Don't make it random. Know when you're going to post a new video, and let your viewers know.

Again, dude, keep it up. Good job with this one, I liked it. I want to see more.