View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

Surprised there ins't already a thread about it.

Anyway, I saw this movie about a week ago, and I freakin loved it! Definitely one of the best movies this year. Plus, it was directed by one of my favorite directors, Edgar Wright (of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz fame.) The movie was original (for a movie, yes it was based on a comic book series, but that doesn't mean it isn't an original movie). Anyway, I don't think there was a single thing I didn't like about the movie.

I definitely recommend it. 10/10 is my rating for it.

Post subject: Re: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:18 am 
born to perform.

I did enjoy the movie based on the subject matter itself. The concept was interesting and for so much to happen in only an hour and a half or so it was pretty well paced. I did not feel that things were moving to fast at the time. I enjoyed the transitions and the various video game references that gave the movie a bit of individuality.

The one downside of the film for me was a big one that I overlooked at the time just because I wanted to enjoy myself. The movie was very lacking in any real explanation of anything. "You wanna be with me then you have to battle these guys". That's it! No rich subplot of her being some sort god or was put under a curse? Just something please!
A lot of things made little sense such as the seemingly omnipresence of the world around them. Things just always worked out even in the most ridiculous ways. Boyfriend number 3 gets his mind powers taken away from some super vegan police who just happen to show up at the most convenient time possible? REALLY?
Any sort of relation ship between the two main character was kind of lost in the fighting. By the end of the movie they still just seemed like people that had just met. They had a whole movie to build a deep interconnected relationship and explore it but that really got tossed aside for the fighting.

Sorry about that ladies and gents my thoughts kind of got away from me and here I am with a list of three faults. Did I enjoy the movie for what it was? Yes, but I think I hated it more for what it wasn't.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

As always,
Dylan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:04 am 
born to perform.

juliegel wrote:
I did enjoy the movie based on the subject matter itself. The concept was interesting and for so much to happen in only an hour and a half or so it was pretty well paced. I did not feel that things were moving to fast at the time. I enjoyed the transitions and the various video game references that gave the movie a bit of individuality.

The one downside of the film for me was a big one that I overlooked at the time just because I wanted to enjoy myself. The movie was very lacking in any real explanation of anything. "You wanna be with me then you have to battle these guys". That's it! No rich subplot of her being some sort god or was put under a curse? Just something please!
A lot of things made little sense such as the seemingly omnipresence of the world around them. Things just always worked out even in the most ridiculous ways. Boyfriend number 3 gets his mind powers taken away from some super vegan police who just happen to show up at the most convenient time possible? REALLY?
Any sort of relation ship between the two main character was kind of lost in the fighting. By the end of the movie they still just seemed like people that had just met. They had a whole movie to build a deep interconnected relationship and explore it but that really got tossed aside for the fighting.
Quote:
As for the not making sense. To me it did. In the sense that any movie makes sense. What I mean is, as a movie, it is going to have things that don't make sense or that wouldn't actually happen. I am perfectly fine with things like this, so none of that was a big deal for me at all. About the plot not having a lot of subplot, again, I think it worked well in this movie, it didn't need any explanation. Sure, an explanation would have added to the movie, but I don't think not having one took anything away. As for the fact that they seemed like they had just met at the end, I actually really liked that about it. I think it really showed how much he actually cared about her and about how he wanted to keep getting to know her. Just my thoughts.

Sorry about that ladies and gents my thoughts kind of got away from me and here I am with a list of three faults. Did I enjoy the movie for what it was? Yes, but I think I hated it more for what it wasn't.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

As always,
Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 am 
born to perform.

This movie isn't supposed to make sense. it's supposed to be eccentric in every way. I give it a solid 7.5/10. Had me laughing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:38 am 
born to perform.

I really enjoyed it as well.
My only critique is that the fighting gets a little repetitive by the end (although the battles were very well done).

I'd give it a 7/10.