View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Linkin Park-The Catalyst
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:26 pm 
Team Penguin

Hey guys!

This might sound like an advertisement but I'm extremely happy to finally see the music video for Linkin Park's new song "The Catalyst". This is the first song released off their new album "A Thousand Suns". They say this will capture the sound of the new album pretty well so It should be a refreshing thing to hear.

Anyway, a few minutes ago they formally released their music video for the song. I think it looks perfect and sets the mood for a really dark album and captures the overall spirit of the song. Much better than some of their others in my opinion (In the end, new divide, faint).

When coming up with the idea for our new music video, "The Catalyst," I thought of the end of the world. What would it be like if someone could push a button to decide our fate? What would it feel like if we accept our fate in the moment of devastation? How would we celebrate our one final living moment? -Joe (the director and DJ for Linkin Park)

If anybody else has seen this, thoughts? If not, it will be on the major music channels tomorrow night at 8 :)

-Mark

Post subject: Re: Linkin Park-The Catalyst
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:18 pm 
born to perform.

I actually just listened to/watched it, I thought it was excellent, really liked the sound.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:38 am 
Team Penguin

I know. I kind of relaly like the sound of this one. Usually songs like this are terrible. It kind of sounds like they are mixing a little bit of Minutes to Midnight with Hybrid Theory.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

The song's okay... too repetitive though.
I didn't care for the music video at all. It looks like the whole thing was shot on a soundstage and they just blew fog/smoke everywhere with people running in slow mo with some pretty lame effects thrown on top in post. Linkin Park used to make so much more interesting music videos...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:07 pm 
Team Penguin

Well the making of videos were pretty cool. It's a little repetitive but the lyrics were too short. I think there's only one real verse in it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
Well the making of videos were pretty cool. It's a little repetitive but the lyrics were too short. I think there's only one real verse in it.

Lol, true enough, but sometimes that's all you need...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:51 pm 
Penguin

I loved it, their new song Waiting for the End, is SO AMAZING as well.
Mike in that black Hoodie was epic, chester in the water singing was VERY cool, and the song is like... Nothing I heard before. I love it and can't wait for the album!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:44 pm 
Team Penguin

Man they're doing a show in NY on Tuesday for the release and I really want to go to it but I can't :/ I haven't heard Waiting for the End yet because I don't want to spoil anymore surprises for the actual album. I have heard one of the songs, Wretches and Kings though. It's very original. Some trivia, the guitarist, Brad Delson, is the one you hear in the beginning over the megaphone. There is a video of him recording that in spanish but now it's in english

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:05 am 
Team Penguin

BUMP. Linkin Park performing this on the VMA's tonight :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:17 am 
born to perform.

"Catalyst" is a good song. So is "blackout" and "Wretches and Kings"

But the rest of the album was terrible. Dont get me wrong, i'm a bigger LP fan than anyone. Thousand Suns is out here in Australia but i believe its out this week/next week for you guys in the US. I mean compared to Hybrid Theory or Meteroa. i didnt really like Minutes to Midnight that much but that album was better than this one.

6 of the songs (out of 15) are under 2minutes long. Most seem experimental and dont even have vocals on them. Simply put the whole album doesn't even sound like linkin park.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:55 pm 
Team Penguin

Disappointing spoiler alert :| I'm sure it's a great album anyway. I wasn't a HUGE fan of their performance last night either. Of course I had to wait through all the other crap they played to finally get to Linkin Park