View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Psychics and Fortune Tellers Being Regulated
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Starting this week, fortune tellers in Warren, Mich., must be fingerprinted and pay an annual fee of $150 - plus $10 for a police background check - to practice their craft.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20100903/u ... 9201567600

Post subject: Re: Psychics and Fortune Tellers Being Regulated
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds fair to me...if you're gonna lie to people, might as well do it legally...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds fair to me. Plenty of professions have to register themselves, and a lot of them can't psychologically damage a person like a crooked psychic.

-JT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:30 pm 
born to perform.

Great, I'll probably get fined for doing free YouTube tarot readings now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

akirafist wrote:
Great, I'll probably get fined for doing free YouTube tarot readings now.

We're in Texas.. no one cares :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

This is totally unfair.

Why should people who are born with this ability be singled out fiscally?
Next there will be a registration fee for young non-caucasion people who can run fast.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

ElConquistador wrote:
This is totally unfair.

Next there will be a registration fee for young non-caucasion people who can run fast.

You ought to read up about Houdini. he spent, if I'm not mistaken, about 2 years of his life traveling the world (it might have been the country, not America...Hungary?) anyway, he dedicated these two years to uncovering the secrets behind how these "psychics" practice their craft (He learned their gimmicks and mechanisms used to make it look like they had powers and were actually communicating with the dead, etc.), and not one of them could prove to him that they had any actual supernatural powers. The thing is, nothing has changed. They're still using the same, or modified versions of the ones they were doing back then. If someone actually had psychic powers, I doubt they would be sitting in a parlor giving out their skills for a couple bucks. I know I wouldn't.

Anyway, that's just my 2¢

Here's the wikipedia entry about it (Note: I did not learn about this from Wikipedia, I learned about it from the book "Houdini On Magic", an autobiography about Houdini.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:37 pm 
Emperor Penguin

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:
This is totally unfair.

You ought to read up about Houdini. he spent, if I'm not mistaken, about 2 years of his life traveling the world (it might have been the country, not America...Hungary?) anyway, he dedicated these two years to uncovering the secrets behind how these "psychics" practice their craft (He learned their gimmicks and mechanisms used to make it look like they had powers and were actually communicating with the dead, etc.), and not one of them could prove to him that they had any actual supernatural powers. The thing is, nothing has changed. They're still using the same, or modified versions of the ones they were doing back then. If someone actually had psychic powers, I doubt they would be sitting in a parlor giving out their skills for a couple bucks. I know I wouldn't.

Here's the wikipedia entry about it (Note: I did not learn about this from Wikipedia, I learned about it from the book "Houdini On Magic", an autobiography about Houdini.)

Dont take anything he says seriously.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:39 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:
ElConquistador wrote:
This is totally unfair.

Dont take anything he says seriously.

No, I know, I was just saying because it was interesting. Wasn't really entirely a response to him...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:32 am 

another one hijacked. locked Requested it unlocked so I did but let's get on subject

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]