View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: You probably thought...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:23 pm 
born to perform.

...they were building a Mosque at Ground Zero...

So to that I say, learn you some knowledge!

What do you think about all of this, after reading that?

I was always in support of it, but this article definitely gave me a lot more reason to be supportive.

Last edited by FlapJackGeorge on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: You probably though...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

I hate to sound like an ignorant American, but I personally believe it would have just been so much easier if they had not planned to build one there. They knew people wouldn't like it so why not just keep tempers down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

Cool article. I am very upset with a lot of Americans, especially politicians, who oppose the construction of a religious community center on private property.

Imagine if all Christians were judged and barred from certain rights due to people like Andrea Yates and Timothy McVeigh. It's not a matter of what religion you are a part of, it's a matter of your character. Every group has the bad eggs.

-JT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:13 pm 
born to perform.

harrybob10 wrote:
I hate to sound like an ignorant American, but I personally believe it would have just been so much easier if they had not planned to build one there. They knew people wouldn't like it so why not just keep tempers down.

Someone forgot to read the article...either that or you are just being an ignorant American. The only similarity to the community center and Ground Zero is that it's in the same city...Manhattan.
miniserb725 wrote:
Cool article. I am very upset with a lot of Americans, especially politicians, who oppose the construction of a religious community center on private property.
Quote:
*cough*Palin*Cough*

Imagine if all Christians were judged and barred from certain rights due to people like Andrea Yates and Timothy McVeigh. It's not a matter of what religion you are a part of, it's a matter of your character. Every group has the bad eggs.

-JT

Exactly. In my opinion, it's like, Muslims didn't cause 9/11, terrorists did. To blame their religion is simply wrong.

Post subject: Re: You probably thought...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:23 pm 
born to perform.

Then why isn't it okay for that old preacher in florida to burn some qurans? It's well within his rights to do so, even though i don't really agree with it. Here's the way i'm starting to see it: Group A wants to do something that really angers group B. President supports group A's plan and tells group B to deal with it. Group B decides to do something that really angers group A. President denounces group B. Sounds hypocritical to me. Both groups are wrong but are well within their rights.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:33 pm 

The problem with this whole situation is that the survivors of 9/11 object to it being so close to the ground zero site. When they expressed their opinions the iman basically said "OK, but we don't care how non Muslims feel, we'll do what we want to." THAT is what caused the uproar. Now the liberals jumped in and joined the Muslims in saying "screw you we do what we want!" Remember that 70% of the real people believe that a mosque is fine but just NOT THERE.

That's the truth behind that articles lie.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Maybe the president should hold another beer summit and get both sides good and drunk...then the left wingers would agree not to build a "community center" near ground zero and the right wingers will agree not to burn "holy" books. Right wingers keep their guns, left wingers keep their abortions, everybody goes home happy and wakes up hungover.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:35 am 
born to perform.

I did read the article, and I'm not saying I'm opposed to it. I go through life really not caring about what doesn't affect me (One reason I support Edited marriage, It doesn't affect me and if it makes them happy then more power to them). All I'm saying is that there was probably some poor planning involved. But yes I do agree it is terrorists that caused 9/11, not muslims. I've found most muslim people I know to be some of the most kindhearted people I've met.

At the end of the day I would love to see everyone get along, I honestly think racism is one of the most disgusting things on this planet. However I stick by what I said, and I say it not because of their race but because of their choice to build a mosque there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 am 
born to perform.

cspace11 wrote:
Then why isn't it okay for that old preacher in florida to burn some qurans? It's well within his rights to do so, even though i don't really agree with it. Here's the way i'm starting to see it: Group A wants to do something that really angers group B. President supports group A's plan and tells group B to deal with it. Group B decides to do something that really angers group A. President denounces group B. Sounds hypocritical to me. Both groups are wrong but are well within their rights.

It's actually more like Group B was lied to and told that they were building a mosque on Ground Zero, which angered them because they thought they were "building a mosque on ground zero", which isn't actually the case. Group A has every right to burn the Quran, but religiously speaking, they aren't representing group A very well, calling themselves a Christian and then doing something that blatantly screams the opposite. Basically, Group B is burning the Quran intentionally to upset group A, but group A isn't doing what they're doing simply to piss off Group B, Group B just took it that way because they were uneducated by people like Sarah Palin.

Also, our president is an idiot...in my opinion...but that's just because he's not doing a whole lot of things I would like to see.

paddy wrote:
The problem with this whole situation is that the survivors of 9/11 object to it being so close to the ground zero site. When they expressed their opinions the iman basically said "OK, but we don't care how non Muslims feel, we'll do what we want to." THAT is what caused the uproar. Now the liberals jumped in and joined the Muslims in saying "screw you we do what we want!" Remember that 70% of the real people believe that a mosque is fine but just NOT THERE.

That's the truth behind that articles lie.

Source, please.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:49 pm 

Read the news reports and you will see my sourse. Now the excuse the iman is useing to build it where it will be most offensive is: "if we change noe the radicals will get p***ed off and kill Americans. He is a typical America hating ba****d. I know we can't shoot him but mabe the rev could put the korans in his pants and then light them. (JUST JOKING NOT SERIOUS)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:23 am 
born to perform.

Excuse me for probably completely missing something here but what's the iman?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:21 am 
born to perform.

harrybob10 wrote:

I believe it is supposed to be 'imam' and an imam is a religious leader for islam. Someone who leads prayers and such... I would assume it's like a priest for islam.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:56 pm 
born to perform.

bucky310 wrote:
harrybob10 wrote:

I believe it is supposed to be 'imam' and an imam is a religious leader for islam. Someone who leads prayers and such... I would assume it's like a priest for islam.

That would be correct.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:04 pm 
born to perform.

What exactly constitues Ground Zero?

Is it the exact location where the World Trade Center stood or does it also include the area in the immediate vicinity which was also either destroyed or damaged?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:20 pm 

paddy wrote:
The problem with this whole situation is that the survivors of 9/11 object to it being so close to the ground zero site.

Some do. Some do not. Actually, many families of 9/11 victims support the Park51 project.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/41580/

Donna O’Conner, who lost her pregnant daughter in the 9/11 attacks and is the spokeswoman for September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, said in a press statement, “We cannot bring back the family members we lost on 9/11 but we can try to recoup what is best about America. We are firm in our commitment to civil liberties and religious freedom.”

At the rally, she reaffirmed her support for Park51: “We [9/11 families] 100 percent fully support the Islamic cultural center in New York City.”

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20 ... index.html

A group of religious and civil rights groups and family members of 9/11 victims announced on Wednesday the formation of a new coalition in support of an Islamic community center and mosque near ground zero.

Talat Hamdani lost a 23-year-old son, a paramedic, in the 2001 terrorist attacks. But she said supporting the Islamic center and mosque "has nothing to do with religion. It has to do with standing up for our human rights, including freedom of religion," as reported by The Associated Press.

http://www.chasingevil.org/2010/08/911- ... ark51.html

Herb Ouida, whose son Todd died in the attacks, says he supports the Cordoba Initiative's project.
'To call it a mosque is not right. It's a community center that includes a prayer center,' Ouida told AOL News today.

The 68-year-old father from River Edge, N.J., says he is deeply concerned about the tone of some of the opposition to the project.