View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Playstation's Move or Xbox 360's Kinect
Playstation's Move 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Xbox 360's Kinect 22%  22%  [ 4 ]
Both 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Neither 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
I don't play games 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
What are those? 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Buy Kinect then Move later 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Buy Move then Kinect Later 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Buy both at a later date together 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
By both at a later date but seperately 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 18
 Post subject: Re: Like to find out people's views on this
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:48 pm 
born to perform.

I would never buy any of these gimmicks, and even i I would (theoretically) then I would wait at least 6-5 months before buying any of them, to see which one has better games

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
I just noticed something on the EB Games website I didn't before:
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductD ... t_id=84199
what do you think? This might be Microsoft's attempt to beat out The Fight on Playstation Move. What are your guys views on that?

The pull of The Fight is it's unmatched precision. I haven't seen any gameplay of this game for Kinect, but there's no way it could match the precision on the Move...so I'm gonna have to go with The Fight...but I don't think I'll be getting The Fight anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
I just noticed something on the EB Games website I didn't before:
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductD ... t_id=84199
what do you think? This might be Microsoft's attempt to beat out The Fight on Playstation Move. What are your guys views on that?

The pull of The Fight is it's unmatched precision. I haven't seen any gameplay of this game for Kinect, but there's no way it could match the precision on the Move...so I'm gonna have to go with The Fight...but I don't think I'll be getting The Fight anyway.

Neither have I but right now I'm really debating about whether or not I should buy Move because I've been hearing some great things about it, but I'm probably going to wait until closer to Christmas to decide whether or not I should buy it, I think I'll wait until the New Year though because I have these games and a few others I'm going to pre-order soon:

Guitar Hero Warriors Of Rock (just picked it up a few days ago)
Power Gig: Rise of the Sixstring Band Kit
DJ Hero 2 Turntable Bundle
Fable III Limited Edition
Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle
Rock Band 3 Pro Guitar
Xbox 360 250 Gig with Kinect
Call Of Duty Black Ops Prestige Edition
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Collector's Edition
these one's I still need to pre-order:
Saw II: Flesh & Blood
CSI: Fatal Conspiracy
Fighters Uncaged
Sonic Free Riders
Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Dance Central
Kinect Sports
Kinect Joy Ride
Kinect TV Mount
and EA Sports Active 2.0 Bundle

So as you can see I'm buying a lot of stuff in the coming months so you can see why I'm hesitant about buying Move right now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 pm 
born to perform.

I found a demo of it from GamesCon and I think I'll stay away from it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4nDgoFCVJE it just doesn't seem all that good to me, just watch the video and you'll know why I am probably not going to buy or possibly even rent this game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:45 pm 
born to perform.

I'm just waiting until Sorcery comes out, or I get an HDTV.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:52 am 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:

I'm mainly waiting until I can get one of those 3DTV's because a lot of the games support 3D play which would be awesome for the new Sly Cooper Trilogy games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:31 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:

I'm mainly waiting until I can get one of those 3DTV's because a lot of the games support 3D play which would be awesome for the new Sly Cooper Trilogy games.

Eh, it's gonna be a long time before the price becomes reasonable, so I'm not gonna wait. Also, you do know that the Sly Collection can be played with a regular controller, and that only one of the games will have Move support, right?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:51 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
FlapJackGeorge wrote:

Eh, it's gonna be a long time before the price becomes reasonable, so I'm not gonna wait. Also, you do know that the Sly Collection can be played with a regular controller, and that only one of the games will have Move support, right?

Yeah I knew that but it'll be cool because it'll also have the 3D feature as well for that game and it'll make it even more cool.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:23 am 
born to perform.

A little update for everyone who bothered on posting and choosing on here.

I have got Kinect now and I absolutely love it and all the games I bought for it:

Sonic Free Riders
Kinect Adventures
Dance Central
Kinect Sports
Kinect Joy Ride
and EA Sports Active 2.0 (I haven't played Joy Ride or Active yet as I've got a pretty bad cold right now)

I absolutely love Dance Central and is a million times better than DDR (coming from a guy who used to be absolutely addicted to DDR/ITG/and PIU over the years)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved is definitely a great cardio workout and is majorly fun at the same time.

Kinect Sports is a fun game and definitely gets you moving, especially the track & field games.

Kinect Adventures is actually pretty fun and definitely more of a party game than a single player game.

Sonic Freeriders is like Kinect Adventures that it's better for parties than single player.

My only dislike about it is you need a ton of space to play and since I live in a townhouse I don't have a lot of room to manouvre furniture but I figured out a way to do it and it is definitely a lot of fun.

I also got a chance to buy Move and I like it but it's not as fun as Kinect imho, I'll possibly change my mind once I get a chance to play The Fight Lights Out but maybe not, course I'm still trying to figure out why Sony had said to buy the Navigator Controllers immediately because there is absolutely no games out there right now that use that one, except maybe Heavy Rain and I doubt I'd play it again since I've already beaten it, but if there's new trophies I might decide to play it.

Also I got the Sly Cooper Collection and it's definitely a money grabber for the Move because you don't get to use it in the actual games, just some mini games, kind of like what they did with Batman Arkham Asylum and saying how you can play the Joker only you can play him in minigames, not the actual storyline which is what most people wanted in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:14 am 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:

I have got Kinect now and I absolutely love it and all the games I bought for it:

Sonic Free Riders
Kinect Adventures
Dance Central
Kinect Sports
Kinect Joy Ride
and EA Sports Active 2.0 (I haven't played Joy Ride or Active yet as I've got a pretty bad cold right now)

I absolutely love Dance Central and is a million times better than DDR (coming from a guy who used to be absolutely addicted to DDR/ITG/and PIU over the years)

Your Shape Fitness Evolved is definitely a great cardio workout and is majorly fun at the same time.

Kinect Sports is a fun game and definitely gets you moving, especially the track & field games.

Kinect Adventures is actually pretty fun and definitely more of a party game than a single player game.

Sonic Freeriders is like Kinect Adventures that it's better for parties than single player.

My only dislike about it is you need a ton of space to play and since I live in a townhouse I don't have a lot of room to manouvre furniture but I figured out a way to do it and it is definitely a lot of fun.

I also got a chance to buy Move and I like it but it's not as fun as Kinect imho, I'll possibly change my mind once I get a chance to play The Fight Lights Out but maybe not, course I'm still trying to figure out why Sony had said to buy the Navigator Controllers immediately because there is absolutely no games out there right now that use that one, except maybe Heavy Rain and I doubt I'd play it again since I've already beaten it, but if there's new trophies I might decide to play it.

Also I got the Sly Cooper Collection and it's definitely a money grabber for the Move because you don't get to use it in the actual games, just some mini games, kind of like what they did with Batman Arkham Asylum and saying how you can play the Joker only you can play him in minigames, not the actual storyline which is what most people wanted in the first place.

I now have both Move and Kinetic.

Both are good, but i think Move is more responsive. It become very apparent in the Sports champion games. As for why there are buttons? Games like Time Crisis its better to have a trigger, and it is out.

Kinetic is good, does require tonnes of space, though i find sonic riders very unresponsive to really feel like real movement. And the racket ball thing in Kinetic Adventures its slightly laggy. Overall i'm impressed by it, it works very well, not so much the launch games though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:17 am 
born to perform.

keepitbottled wrote:
Quote:

Both are good, but i think Move is more responsive. It become very apparent in the Sports champion games. As for why there are buttons? Games like Time Crisis its better to have a trigger, and it is out.

Kinetic is good, does require tonnes of space, though i find sonic riders very unresponsive to really feel like real movement. And the racket ball thing in Kinetic Adventures its slightly laggy. Overall i'm impressed by it, it works very well, not so much the launch games though.

Why do you call it Kinetic instead of Kinect? Also have you tried Dance Central? That game is absolutely amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:27 am 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:
keepitbottled wrote:
Quote:

Why do you call it Kinetic instead of Kinect? Also have you tried Dance Central? That game is absolutely amazing.

Oops its just my brain. I keep calling it Natal, then i remember its Kinect but i typed Kinetic. I dont know why. No i dont have that game, everyone is saying that game is good, but really a dance game? hmmm i guess i'll have to try it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:32 am 
born to perform.

keepitbottled wrote:
Quote:

Why do you call it Kinetic instead of Kinect? Also have you tried Dance Central? That game is absolutely amazing.[/quote]

Oops its just my brain. I keep calling it Natal, then i remember its Kinect but i typed Kinetic. I dont know why. No i dont have that game, everyone is saying that game is good, but really a dance game? hmmm i guess i'll have to try it.[/quote]

Trust me, this game is amazing and when you get to the higher dificulties (I've been playing it a lot and am nowhere near being good enough to do it on Hard Mode yet, namely because I never dance like they're dancing in the game) you're actually dancing exactly like they do on stage and in the clubs, it's not like DDR/ITG/or PIU in any form except for music.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:36 pm 
born to perform.

KingOfNynex2003 wrote:

Sonic Free Riders
Kinect Adventures
Dance Central
Kinect Sports
Kinect Joy Ride

Quote:
When did Sony say that?

Quote:
It shouldn't be a surprise that you can't use it for the games, they stated that you would only be able to use Move for Sly 3 (if I'm not mistaken) and the mini-games.

I'd also like to ask, how old are you? If you don't mind.

I can imagine Dance Central is good, but only because it's a music game, and those tend to be good.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

My friend got Kinect and a few of my friends were over playing it. We played dance central, it was hilarious. None of us dance, or go to clubs or anything like that, so it was so funny seeing each other try to dance. Then when it shows you footage of you dancing, we were dying from laughter.