View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I just overdosed on ignorance
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:09 pm 
Penguin

That was too much to take all at once. This guy thinks Criss Angel and David Blaine are really performing miracles through the help of evil spirits. And religious people wonder why I can't take them seriously...

Post subject: Re: I just overdosed on ignorance
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:25 am 
born to perform.

I can't believe I listened to that whole thing.

Here's my response:
What a load of nonsense. This guy is an idiot. I hate how Christians think they have some special ability, like they're bigger (mentally) than others. This guy is God's email provided, what is that bull***, seriously? I really hate people like this. anyway, I don't want to say too much...the guy is clearly mentally disturbed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:24 am 
Penguin

There went 9 minutes of my life I will never get back.

How pathetic that he actually believes that nonesense. It sounds to me like he needs to open his mind and do some real reasearch. David Blaine does not walk on water because of evil spirits he walks on water with the help of "Evil Stage Hands" :D and apparatus.

Reginald Scott wrote about this subject to protect illusionists / magicians in 1584 but I doubt that this man has never heard of him. There have also been countless books written on magic and mentalism that discuss and disclose the actual methods but again I doubt he has ever made an effort to research this before he professes his vast knowledge.

I really can't say any more or I will start going down the religion road and let's not start that here.....

Twist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:40 pm 

Nightmare91o wrote:

That was too much to take all at once. This guy thinks Criss Angel and David Blaine are really performing miracles through the help of evil spirits. And religious people wonder why I can't take them seriously...

The guy states in his video that he is a prophetic minister and spiritually sensitive himself. So I think this video message is aimed at his own church members. Building Angel and Blaine up as being real helps to confirm his own authenticity.

Unless this guy is really crazy, he knows full well that Blaine and Angel are fake. But it is to his advantage to present them as real.

Let me over-analyze here for a minute. He says that God told him that Angel and Blaine and the others are using spirit powers for evil because the end is near (or words to that effect). If he really spoke to God, I think God would know that Angel and Blaine are fake. So God lied ... or this guy is crazy ... or what is most likely IMO is this fellow knows the truth and is misrepresenting it for his own benefit.

In other words, I think he is crazy like a fox (i.e., not crazy at all, just clever sneaky).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:36 pm 
born to perform.

balducci wrote:
Nightmare91o wrote:

The guy states in his video that he is a prophetic minister and spiritually sensitive himself. So I think this video message is aimed at his own church members. Building Angel and Blaine up as being real helps to confirm his own authenticity.

Unless this guy is really crazy, he knows full well that Blaine and Angel are fake. But it is to his advantage to present them as real.

Let me over-analyze here for a minute. He says that God told him that Angel and Blaine and the others are using spirit powers for evil because the end is near (or words to that effect). If he really spoke to God, I think God would know that Angel and Blaine are fake. So God lied ... or this guy is crazy ... or what is most likely IMO is this fellow knows the truth and is misrepresenting it for his own benefit.

In other words, I think he is crazy like a fox (i.e., not crazy at all, just clever sneaky).

You have an interesting theory.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:30 pm 

Over the last half century plus that I have been around I have learned many things. The chief fact that I have found is "Never, NEVER underestimate the power of human stupidity!" This guy is just like the idiots that have tried to bann libraries from having the Harry Potter books because they "promote devil worship."

I know that his IQ would have to double in order to equal a good bra size, but there is a lot of them out there.

Paddy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:57 pm 
born to perform.

I stopped watching the video after God talked back to him...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:38 pm 
born to perform.

Oh Paddy, you're too silly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 am 
born to perform.

So I finally decided to watch this clip. First off, I wouldn't say that he's crazy, or an idiot. I would just say that he's confused. Most of what he talked about it true. However, here is a man who believes that the magic of Blaine and Angel is real. A lot of people believe in magic, but it doesn't mean they're crazy. If in fact the magic being performed was real, what he was saying would be true.

I think he's just more concerned for people. He didn't say that God told him the magic was real, he said that God told him that towards the end times people are going to be more interested in these types of things.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:39 pm 

magicman222 wrote:
So I finally decided to watch this clip. First off, I wouldn't say that he's crazy, or an idiot. I would just say that he's confused. Most of what he talked about it true. However, here is a man who believes that the magic of Blaine and Angel is real. A lot of people believe in magic, but it doesn't mean they're crazy. If in fact the magic being performed was real, what he was saying would be true.

I think he's just more concerned for people. He didn't say that God told him the magic was real, he said that God told him that towards the end times people are going to be more interested in these types of things.

Magicman, I have to disagree with you. A lot of spectators think we perform magic but they don't associate magic with"mystical" powers or "devil worship." He believes that a deity actually talked to him, which in it's self is scary, and then accuses us of bring about "the end times." For over 2000 years we have had some people believe that they were in "the end times" and it hasn't happened yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:54 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Magicman, I have to disagree with you. A lot of spectators think we perform magic but they don't associate magic with"mystical" powers or "devil worship." He believes that a deity actually talked to him, which in it's self is scary, and then accuses us of bring about "the end times." For over 2000 years we have had some people believe that they were in "the end times" and it hasn't happened yet.

Didn't Mohamed speak to Allah?

And Abraham too?

Or Moses also?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 pm 

Yeah, but that's been a while. Remember the "Telephone" game you used to play as a kid? The one where each repetition gets further and further from the truth?

In the past if Abraham said "God told me to sacrifice my son" it would be seen as a test. If someone says that now, call the police!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
Yeah, but that's been a while. Remember the "Telephone" game you used to play as a kid? The one where each repetition gets further and further from the truth?

In the past if Abraham said "God told me to sacrifice my son" it would be seen as a test. If someone says that now, call the police!

Yeah, you make a good point Dave.

ElConquistador wrote:
paddy wrote:

Didn't Mohamed speak to Allah?

And Abraham too?

Or Moses also?

If I'm not mistaken, The angel Gabriel spoke to Muhammad, not God (Allah) directly.

As for Abraham, I don't remember.

As for Moses, yes, God spoke to Moses.

(I don't believe any of this. I'm just going by what I remember reading, about the beliefs).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:26 pm 

magicman222 wrote:

He didn't say that God told him the magic was real, he said that God told him that towards the end times people are going to be more interested in these types of things.

I just listened to it again, and I do not think that what you wrote is a fair representation of what he said. He starts by mentioning all of these 'fake' magicians and psychics and then he says he asked God why there is more spiritual activity (like the examples he cited) going on and God replies that time is short / the end is near and there will be more evil spirits in the earth trying to deceive people. Certainly the implication is that Angel, Blaine, and the rest are all part of this evil spirit activity.

Of course, I wasn't there, and perhaps he is not quoting God verbatim.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:58 pm 
born to perform.

FlapJackGeorge wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, The angel Gabriel spoke to Muhammad, not God (Allah) directly.

As for Abraham, I don't remember.

As for Moses, yes, God spoke to Moses.

(I don't believe any of this. I'm just going by what I remember reading, about the beliefs).

Gabriel also spoke to Mohamed. As I understand it, Gabriel gave Mohamed his first revelations and others, but most revelations occured directly from Allah while Mohamed was having seizures.

I understand that Allah not only spoke directly to Abraham (when he told Abraham to sacrifice his son) but also appeared directly in front of him, as well as telling Abraham a bunch of future events.

If I remember correctly, God also talked directly to George W. Bush.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa