View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Assassination attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:31 am 
born to perform.

CNN wrote:
A gunman intended to assassinate a U.S. representative when he opened fire outside an Arizona supermarket Saturday, killing six and wounding 12 including the congresswoman, the local sheriff said hours after the shooting.

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was in critical condition and unconscious late Saturday after surgery for a single gunshot wound to the head, a hospital spokeswoman said. The dead included a federal judge and a 9-year-old girl, authorities said.

What's up with this? It's come out that the accused gunman, Jared Loughner, often smoked pot. Do you think that played a role?

Post subject: Re: Assassination attempt
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:40 am 

No, read the news followup and you see he was was a nutcase. He claimed to have redesigned U.S. currency and that the government was conspiring against him. That will probably save him from the death penalty.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:26 am 
born to perform.

ElConquistador wrote:
CNN wrote:
A gunman intended to assassinate a U.S. representative when he opened fire outside an Arizona supermarket Saturday, killing six and wounding 12 including the congresswoman, the local sheriff said hours after the shooting.

U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was in critical condition and unconscious late Saturday after surgery for a single gunshot wound to the head, a hospital spokeswoman said. The dead included a federal judge and a 9-year-old girl, authorities said.

What's up with this? It's come out that the accused gunman, Jared Loughner, often smoked pot. Do you think that played a role?

I lol'd, the day pot motivates someone to put together an assasination attempt is the same day I grow wings and fly :lol:

It really is horrible that such a small child was killed in the incident, people like that make me sick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:09 pm 

At 0400 hours Ariz time the doctors released info on the lady. She was shot in the forehead and the bulet went thru her brain and exited at the back of her skull. She IS RESPONSIVE to doctors orders to squeeze their hand or open her eyes but is being kept in a coma to reduce brain swelling. No one has any idea of what her abilities will be when she comes out of this, she could be just as bright as before with lost memory or she could be a vegetable. The A-hole planned this and should die for it. BTW the little girl was one of 50 "Children of Hope" born on Nov 11, 2001 and just was elected to her school student council. She was going to tell the U.S. Congresswoman about her political victory.

Paddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:16 pm 

If the shooter was that under the influence of pot he'd never have made it out of the house. I think the article throws that in to try and make the connection, but nowhere in the article did it mention the shooter was shopping for cheez-it's or cheetos. So this leads me to believe the guy was just a nut job with or without the drugs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:26 pm 
Penguin

I think we should put him down like you would a mad dog with rabbies.Its obvious hes a useless human being.But we'll put him away for life like we did Mark Chapman and paying for his keep for years to come because we are such a politically correct country.

Don

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 pm 
born to perform.

The guy was downright schizophrenic from what I've read. He has bigger problems than just toking it up every once in a while.

Correlation/Causation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:29 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
At 0400 hours Ariz time the doctors released info on the lady. She was shot in the forehead and the bulet went thru her brain and exited at the back of her skull. She IS RESPONSIVE to doctors orders to squeeze their hand or open her eyes but is being kept in a coma to reduce brain swelling. No one has any idea of what her abilities will be when she comes out of this, she could be just as bright as before with lost memory or she could be a vegetable. The A-hole planned this and should die for it. BTW the little girl was one of 50 "Children of Hope" born on Nov 11, 2001 and just was elected to her school student council. She was going to tell the U.S. Congresswoman about her political victory.

Paddy

I saw that on the news and was amazed at the first part and appalled at the second...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:31 pm 
born to perform.

DonDriver wrote:
I think we should put him down like you would a mad dog with rabbies.Its obvious hes a useless human being.But we'll put him away for life like we did Mark Chapman and paying for his keep for years to come because we are such a politically correct country.

Don

Once Manson escaped the penalty, that was it in my opinion. After that, you really can't say anyone was more messed up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:44 pm 
born to perform.

I've been following this closely and fortunately Giffords seems to on the path to a recovery (what type is still early to say).

I agree with Don Driver on this one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 pm 
Penguin

You better agree....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:44 pm 
born to perform.

The dude is cleary an unsavable nutcase and should be put to death. Pot... lmao.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 pm 

tiggerkim wrote:
Once Manson escaped the penalty, that was it in my opinion. After that, you really can't say anyone was more messed up.

Manson's a different kind of case, really. He never killed anyone, just convinced others to do it. Still wrong, but he didn't pull the trigger, so he can't be put to death for the murders.

This is a case of the media looking for another way to vilify marijuana. I've never met a guy that tried to start a fight after smoking, let alone went nuts and started shooting a government workers. It just doesn't happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 am 
Penguin

"but he didn't pull the trigger, so he can't be put to death for the murders"

Manson was sentence to death as were the other three.Here is the law.

February 18, 1972
California Supreme Court declares the death penalty cruel and unusual punishment in violation of the state constitution. 107 inmates are taken off death row and resentenced. A similar decision is rendered in 1976 and 68 inmates are resentenced.

Than the people voted for this law.
November 7, 1978
Voters approve a broader death penalty law that replaces the 1977 statute.

April 21, 1992
California resumes executions with the execution of Robert Alton Harris.

So why couldn't they go back and execute the ones that were sentenced to death before the law changed?

Don

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am 

Shhh! Don't make me look like I don't check my facts. It makes me look bad.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next