View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Bin Laden is dead
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:27 pm 
Penguin

As President Obama stated, "Justice Has Been Done."

No matter who you support in politics, I think we can all agree that this is a moment of justice - of closure for thousands upon thousands of people who have lost loved ones and friends because of this man's evils.

Yes, there will be other people that will take his place. But this is still a victory.

A victory of unity.

Of love.

And of peace.

Post subject: Re: Bin Laden is dead
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:29 pm 
born to perform.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad he's dead. I just don't see how you can ever refer to some one being murdered (even if rightfully so, he was murdered) as a victory of love and peace.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:38 pm 

Please, let's not go there. The way I heard it he was shooting back. I wouldn't consider it "murder" to stop a mass murderer from striking again.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:41 pm 
Penguin

If I may be permitted, I also think this is inherently about closure...

Illustrated here...
http://akalakar.tumblr.com/post/5124053570/paintchipped-this-is-what-its-all-about

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 11:59 pm 
Penguin

One of the BIGGEST victories in our nations history. No this will not stop terror, but with both Sadam, and now Bin Laden both dead, well this is a darn good start. Thank You to all of those brave US troops that carried out this mission. Justice has been served on Sunday March 1st, 2011.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:09 am 
born to perform.

lol bin laden dead :P more media garbage

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:29 am 
born to perform.

Looks like they want to move along from one hoax to another. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9SGqU5OvG0

...Someone wanted a boost in their ratings for their campaign.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:44 am 
Penguin

Be careful with how you use the word "murder". For a text book definition it is the "UNJUSTIFIED killing of an innocent human being". Without arguing the latter, it's easy to realize that the killing of Osama was justified. It's also easy to justify that Osama was far from innocent.

I still see the point that is seems a bit unhumanitarian to celebrate the death of someone, even if it is a dangerous foe. I am not one of those people, but I see the argument.

I think a majority of the world is glad that psychopath is gone.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 pm 
Team Penguin

FaceBook was like freaking CNN last night. I don't see his killing as a "victory" or anything, but something to set our minds at peace finally. There is no way to really foretell what will now happen. There is even discussion of this all being a hoax since the body was supposidly laid to rest at sea. Personally, I would've thought it would have been kept but I guess not?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:20 pm 
born to perform.

ArchAngel_G wrote:
I think a majority of the world is glad that psychopath is gone.

-ArchAngel_G

Calling people like him psychopaths is wrong, a teenager who walks into a mall with his dad's rifle and sprays everybody because he was made fun of in school is a psychopath, these people (leaders of terrorists organizations) think through about their actions and know exactly what and why they are murdering innocent people, they are not crazy in any way.
I'm not trying by any mean to justify such actions if it sounds like it, I just think that calling a mass murderer a psychopath is, in a way, letting him off charge, it's like how people don't go to jail even though they murdered somebody because they were proven to be insane so it's not their fault.
I'm Jewish, my late grandparents survived the holocaust (by the way, it's the holocaust memorial day today) and it makes me mad to hear people who say that Hitler was crazy, for me it's like saying "oh don't mind him, he's crazy"

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:27 pm 
Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
FaceBook was like freaking CNN last night. I don't see his killing as a "victory" or anything, but something to set our minds at peace finally. There is no way to really foretell what will now happen. There is even discussion of this all being a hoax since the body was supposidly laid to rest at sea. Personally, I would've thought it would have been kept but I guess not?

Unfortunately no matter what happened with the body, conspiracy theorists will insist on casting doubt on his death. I was surprised to hear the body was disposed of so quickly as well, but in the end I think it makes sense. They can claim they put him to rest with terms of his religion, while the bigger victory (his death) belongs to the U.S.

If pictures of his body with a bullet wound in his head are released, there are those who will find reason to claim it is a fake. If the actual body made it's way to American soil, there are those who will find reason to claim it is a lookalike and DNA tests were faked. Conspiracy theorists will ignore a mountain of evidence in favor of the tiniest shred of doubt. And once they have that shred of doubt, no explanation, regardless how logical, ever suffices to explain it away.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:59 pm 
born to perform.

I celebrate his timely demise! Hooray!

I'll even give Obama some credit for giving the order.

People world wide are celebrating the death of this demented killer. May God have mercy on his soul.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:05 pm 
Penguin

tbwendt wrote:
I celebrate his timely demise! Hooray!

I'll even give Obama some credit for giving the order.

People world wide are celebrating the death of this demented killer. May God have mercy on his soul.

Me too. May God make Bin Laden burn in edited for eternity. So many powerful emotions hit me when I learned he was killed. The world is a better place without him.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 pm 
Penguin

I just don't like the credit Obama is getting for it. It seems like they're making it out like he had something to do with Osama's death.

Anyway, yes, it is a victory indeed. May 2 is officially Osama Day. :D

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm 
Penguin

Flappy2 wrote:
I just don't like the credit Obama is getting for it. It seems like they're making it out like he had something to do with Osama's death.

Anyway, yes, it is a victory indeed. May 2 is officially Osama Day. :D

Obama got Osama! :lol: :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next