View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 pm 
Team Penguin

It seems like I post something everytime I find a good band I like. I know they have been around for years and I used to listen to them more, but just recently I saw their movie, Back and Forth, as well as their live performance of the entire new album and I knew I had to get it. This was easily one of the greatest rock albums I've ever heard.

Any other good Foo Fighters out there?

Post subject: Re: Foo Fighters
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

Love the foos. In Your Honor got me through a really rough year in my life, loved them since. They just keep topping themselves with their albums. I loved how IYH had a rock and a mellow side, and the pretender was just amazing, but they completely rocked in wasting light. So worth it. I'm probably going to watch Back and Forth tonight as I didn't know it was released yet.

Plus I totally want to go see them this year if they come to play near me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

The Wasting Light CD I ordered should be arriving soon. I'll let you know my thoughts after I give it a listen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:22 pm 
Team Penguin

Yeah they have quite a your posted on their website. If they were coming anywhere near me I would definitely make a point to go check them out. I might have to settle for buying their Wembley Stadium show DVD. Apparently it was on TV but I missed it. I am expecting another live album sometime soon though. If you could check out some of their garage tour videos those are totally worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:52 pm 
born to perform.

girspiggy wrote:
Yeah they have quite a your posted on their website. If they were coming anywhere near me I would definitely make a point to go check them out. I might have to settle for buying their Wembley Stadium show DVD. Apparently it was on TV but I missed it. I am expecting another live album sometime soon though. If you could check out some of their garage tour videos those are totally worth it.

The wembley show was amazing!! I have the vid, so worth the watch. Play nearly every amazing song they ever wrote... just unbelieveable show. Totally worth it.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:23 pm 
Team Penguin

When Wasting Light was recorded, Dave Grohl wanted to write another garage record so what they did was move an entire studio into his garage and it came out amazing. The also decided that it should be recorded on analog tape and when they finished there were probably 20-30 different tapes and when you purchase the record now you receive a piece of the original recording with it.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:18 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
The Wasting Light CD I ordered should be arriving soon. I'll let you know my thoughts after I give it a listen.

Weird to be quoting myself...but, here it goes anyway.

Simply put, I liked two songs on this album: "Dear Rosemary" and "Miss The Misery".

Their version of Pink Floyd's "Have A Cigar", which is on the Mission Impossible 2 Soundtrack, is by far my favorite song by the Foo Fighters.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:35 pm 
Penguin

I never got into 'em. Not because I don't like them, but because I just never got around to it. I'm really picky with music, and if I'm gonna invest the time in a new band, 1.I need a good impression, and 2.I need a lot of time to listen to them.