View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Uncharted 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm 
Penguin

Have any video game fans here checked out Uncharted 3 for PS3 yet? If not, I highly recommend it It's fantastic!!

Post subject: Re: Uncharted 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:00 pm 
Penguin

uh...yeah, duh...lol

Yes, I have, it was excellent. Actually just got done playing some multiplayer a couple minutes ago.

Have you played Arkham City? That game is also fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:02 am 
Penguin

Flappy2 wrote:
uh...yeah, duh...lol

Yes, I have, it was excellent. Actually just got done playing some multiplayer a couple minutes ago.

That's the next game on my list but it's going to have to wait until Xmas. I've heard nothing but good things about it and am looking forward to it but it's not in my budget at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:12 pm 
Penguin

mcdog474 wrote:
Flappy2 wrote:
uh...yeah, duh...lol

That's the next game on my list but it's going to have to wait until Xmas. I've heard nothing but good things about it and am looking forward to it but it's not in my budget at the moment.

Understandable. But yeah, definitely get it, amazing game. GOTY in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:16 pm 
born to perform.

I keep hearing these Batman games are good...what makes them so good?

Also, Assassin's Creed and Saints Row: The Third are out today. Yes!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
I keep hearing these Batman games are good...what makes them so good?

Pros:
1.The Story in both games is fantastic. Really well done and thought through. The voice acting is excellent, and the characters are believable. This is all especially true in Arkham City. Pacing of the story is also very well done, and there isn't any point where you feel overwhelmed.

2.The combat is the best I've seen in probably any game. Extremely fluent, fast-paced, and also very well done. Simple controls, but complex combos and a large variety of moves. Stealth is also done very well. Counter attacks are consistent, and fluent. (There are a few instances where this is not the case, but it's rare and doesn't take away from the game.)

3.Controls are consistent, fluent, and logical. Easy to jump right into, and get used to. Loads of gadgets to use, and none of them feel like they were thrown in at the last minute (they all feel right.)

Cons:
1.The Combat Challenges in the first game (Arkham Asylum), are extremely difficult to the point where you don't even have fun playing them. This issue is fixed in Arkham City.

2.There are these one-armed enemies in Arkham City who, for some reason, can attack you while you're countering or doing a combo. (Other enemies can't normally hit you while performing a counter or a combo. Which makes the combat more consistent, and more fluent.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:51 pm 
born to perform.

so they made the fighting easier on arkham city :( noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:54 am 
Penguin

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
so they made the fighting easier on arkham city :( noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No. The combat itself is exactly the same. The challenge modes are easier, though, because your set of moves has increased dramatically. There is one move in particular which makes building your multiplier up, very easy, which in-turn, makes pulling off combos quicker and more consistent. Basically, because of the new move set, it's easier to get your multiplier really high, and score massive points. It still takes practice and skill to get it down and master it, though. The new types of enemies definitely add an extra element of challenge to it as well.

There's also more 'useful' takedown moves. One which disarms an enemyy and then breaks their weapon, making it unusable to other enemies. And one that kills all currently down enemies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 pm 
Penguin

Hi all - I just got Uncharted 3 and it's a quality item! Not as good as #2 imho, as it lacks in puzzles... which I love.

Seriously excited about SSX Deadly Descents next year - was a huge fan of Tricky and #3, this looks like EA are back to their best.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:16 pm 
Penguin

Don11122 wrote:
Hi all - I just got Uncharted 3 and it's a quality item! Not as good as #2 imho, as it lacks in puzzles... which I love.

I'm replaying 2 right now (on and off), and I think it has a lot more 'epic moments' than 3 does. Regardless, they're both amaizng games.

Quote:
Seriously excited about SSX Deadly Descents next year - was a huge fan of Tricky and #3, this looks like EA are back to their best.

I've never actually played any SSX games, but I rhink Deadly Descents looks really good.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:11 am 
Penguin

Flappy2 wrote:
Don11122 wrote:

I'm replaying 2 right now (on and off), and I think it has a lot more 'epic moments' than 3 does. Regardless, they're both amaizng games.

Agreed! The airplane exit in #3 was pretty spectacular, but nothing's come close to the tibetan village in #2.

Flappy2 wrote:
Don11122 wrote:

I've never actually played any SSX games, but I rhink Deadly Descents looks really good.

Definitely worth checking out - thoroughly gratuitous and unrealistic gameplay, but so exciting and fun to play. But I may be slightly biased as a fanboy... I plan on getting it in January/February though, would be happy to share a review if you're interested.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:43 am 
Penguin

Don11122 wrote:
Flappy2 wrote:
Don11122 wrote:

Agreed! The airplane exit in #3 was pretty spectacular, but nothing's come close to the tibetan village in #2.

I was thinking more like the train, the train crash, the helicopter fight, the fight with Lazaravitch, the minotaur fights, and others I can't think of. But hey, the Tibetan village can be compared to Colombia in U3.

Flappy2 wrote:
Don11122 wrote:

Quote:
Definitely worth checking out - thoroughly gratuitous and unrealistic gameplay, but so exciting and fun to play. But I may be slightly biased as a fanboy... I plan on getting it in January/February though, would be happy to share a review if you're interested.

Sounds good. I'd love to hear a review.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:53 pm 
Penguin

Don11122 wrote:

2 is awesome and I tend to agree about it having more epic moments. That being said, the parts at the wharf and the cruise ship may be my favorite video game level of all time. The way things were swaying with the water was incredible. But having to defeat the tank in 2 is pretty awesome as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:44 pm 
Penguin

mcdog474 wrote:
Don11122 wrote:

2 is awesome and I tend to agree about it having more epic moments. That being said, the parts at the wharf and the cruise ship may be my favorite video game level of all time. The way things were swaying with the water was incredible. But having to defeat the tank in 2 is pretty awesome as well.

Yeah, I think 2 was definitely more challenging. I loved the horse riding in U3 and the entire boat (all parts of it).