View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Geek Squad... ugh
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:54 pm 
born to perform.

So. First I gave them my laptop which clearly needed a new hard drive. I would have just done it myself, but I was under warranty. They tried to convince me that it was a software issue caused by my dual boot. I was still in the mood to humor them. A few days later, as expected, they shipped off my laptop to get a new hard drive. When it came back in about 3 weeks later, I needed to contact Lenovo to get new recovery discs. These idiots gave me two serial numbers for my single laptop. Once I got that problem sorted out about five days later, then got my recovery discs about two after that, I brought them down to Geek Squad. They told me it would take 3-5 days to install them. In other words they would ignore me for 2-4 days then install my OS and such last minute. Well, a few days before my laptop was supposed to be ready for pickup (today), these idiots inform me that they messed up my trackpad and need to send my laptop back to Lenovo to be fixed for another 2-3 weeks. I will NEVER use them again. I would rather have spent a few hundred bucks on an overpriced Taiwanese hard drive and install it myself...

Post subject: Re: Geek Squad... ugh
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:58 am 
born to perform.

Sorry to hear of that headache, wish I could have warned you. I hope you didn't pay for the extended warranty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:34 am 
born to perform.

Nope thankfully... I knew it would be bad, just not this bad. I never really planned to use the warranty, but then the exact component which had tripled in price just died, so I really couldn't afford to do it myself... so I thought. Intellectual price < $ price. My brain has been rotted by this experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

Quite a few years back, I bought a computer form Best Buy and I had to get it serviced as well. (replace HDD)

When I got it back, well... they put in an old harddrive for me... which had a number of errors on it, and not to mention about 100gb of other users content!!!! a TON of personal info from about 5 different computers.

Needless to say, I contacted these people and told them how bestbuy screwed them over and then I formatted the drive.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:54 pm 
born to perform.

I was sure to give them a 10 min lecture on making sure the old hard drive is destroyed properly before handing over my laptop seeing as my bank account and paypal info was on there. That exact thing was my biggest fear...