View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:20 am 
born to perform.

BeMan wrote:
Actually using Kazaa to download music isnt illegal. Youre allowed. BUT you have to stop sharing all your files because allowing peoplre to upload FROM your computer is illegal.

-- B.M.

but then that defeats the whole concept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:25 am 
born to perform.

cowboy4ever wrote:
BeMan wrote:
Actually using Kazaa to download music isnt illegal. Youre allowed. BUT you have to stop sharing all your files because allowing peoplre to upload FROM your computer is illegal.

-- B.M.

but then that defeats the whole concept.

Yeah but most people dont stop sharing their files so Kazaa is still good.

-- B.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:08 pm 
Penguin

Just thought I'd share my knowledge. Kazaa IS in fact illegal to use, you aren't legally allowed to download music, and they don't go around suing everybody. Those who are sued have thousands of songs downloaded...(for the most part anyway.) Right now, the most well known FREE, LEGAL flie sharing network is Morpheus. Morpheus is legal because it does not provide its users with files. Kazaa does, and Napster did. You might as well sign up for the new napster, $0.99 is the best it's gonna get for now. I have deleted most songs I downloaded, but I have saved a few. Doesn't bother me considering I own all the cd's that have those songs on them. Don't be too worried. Also, there are many organizations out there who will pay for your fine if you are sued.(Don't bet on this though, you might get left out to dry.)

Anyway, I wanted to keep this brief, if you want more info hit me up on MSN or AOL, I'd be glad to SHARE more. :lol:

Stay out of trouble
-Cameron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:22 pm 
born to perform.

I don't know where you're coming from with Morpheus being legal but whatever I don't know enough about it to argue.

But to clear things up (everyone seems to be saying that :D ) Kazaa the program is NOT, I repeat NOT illegal to use. What IS illegal about Kazaa is sharing copyrighted material (music, movies, etc.).

It's this specification that is allowing Kazaa to continue as a company and fend off the lawsuits. Kazaa provides a system to share files. It's up to the users to decide how it's going to be used. It's entirely possible to use Kazaa to share non-copyrighted material legally. For instance I have two Linux distributions in my "Shared Files" folder on Kazaa. When people download those there is NO illegal activity going on. Therefore it is NOT illegal to have the program Kazaa on your computer.

Even though the sharing of the music IS illegal, the RIAA is only going after the BIGGEST offenders. Only keep a maximum of 10-20 files in your shared folder at all times and they will ignore you. This entire suing is just a scare tactic, there's so many holes in their threat and ways to avoid getting sued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:03 pm 
born to perform.

Peedldude wrote:
I don't know where you're coming from with Morpheus being legal but whatever I don't know enough about it to argue.

But to clear things up (everyone seems to be saying that :D ) Kazaa the program is NOT, I repeat NOT illegal to use. What IS illegal about Kazaa is sharing copyrighted material (music, movies, etc.).

It's this specification that is allowing Kazaa to continue as a company and fend off the lawsuits. Kazaa provides a system to share files. It's up to the users to decide how it's going to be used. It's entirely possible to use Kazaa to share non-copyrighted material legally. For instance I have two Linux distributions in my "Shared Files" folder on Kazaa. When people download those there is NO illegal activity going on. Therefore it is NOT illegal to have the program Kazaa on your computer.

Even though the sharing of the music IS illegal, the RIAA is only going after the BIGGEST offenders. Only keep a maximum of 10-20 files in your shared folder at all times and they will ignore you. This entire suing is just a scare tactic, there's so many holes in their threat and ways to avoid getting sued.

Your right about the program not being illeagle, it's how you use it. Kind of like a set of lockpicks, they aren't illeagle to own, only illeagel to use to enter a home that isn't yours. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:29 pm 
born to perform.

Whoa there, who still uses Kazaa?

Uninstall it now, and get Kazaa Lite (K++).
Its faster, more users
no spyware or adware
your integrity rating is automatically at K-Lite Master (1000) which means you will always get the maximum number of search results and a better search more option not to mention it wont allow you to get lists of peoples files (and they cant get yours)
blocks your IP address
also, its not affiliated with Kazaa so its less likley (near impossible) for them to come after you if you dont keep things in your folder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:29 pm 
Penguin

I just deleted Kazaa about a week ago because it was taking up too much memory. I don't think I was doing anything illegal with it but I am glad I got rid of it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

although using Kazaa or any file sharing is "unethical", they have a set of ethics to, which is to not leech and to share. Also, to not put up fake files. So, not sharing and using it is just as bad, although technically legal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:52 pm 
Penguin

if you have kazza disable file sharing and download peer guardian it blocks over 300000000 ip adresses that the riaa and other companies.
and i suggest that you stop buying cds that way the riaa will loose more money than they ever would because of file sharing

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:54 am 
Penguin

To my knowledge it is legal to download from KaZaA. You just can't Upload. Disable Uploading.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:38 am 

Marnoff_Mirlony wrote:
To my knowledge it is legal to download from KaZaA. You just can't Upload. Disable Uploading.

Just an FYI it is illegal to download copywritten material of any kind without paying for it or proper authorization. If you have questions on this, you may want to contact your ISP.

For those of you that have Comcast broadband, the user agreement is posted at http://www.comcast.net/terms/use.jsp. It states VERY clearly that downloading copywritten material of any nature without permission is illegal and will not be tolerated. Users caught can be disconnected and or fined by Comcast, and/or local and federal authorities.

Post subject: Re: KAZAA BUSTED
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:49 pm 

pb_05 wrote:
hey i just got an email and tons of forwards of AIM and MSN that kazaa and all other clients are busted!! my friend heard it on the radio to so delete everything!! does anybody know of something that i can use so they cant track me for sharing music??

Burn everything on CD's, ghost your hard drive, and delete it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:06 pm 
Penguin

Here's a wacky idea: Don't steal. In the future, if you want a piece of music or a movie or some other piece of creative or intellectual property, buy it. Not only will this keep you from being sued for piracy, you'll be able to go to sleep at night knowing you're not a thief.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:21 pm 
Penguin

Did u know that there a re over 14 million people who have kazaa. the RIAA has only sued about a thousand people. thats a 1 in 14,000 chance they will sue u. plus they only hace sued people who have over 200 or something songs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:40 am 
Penguin

Thankfully I recently found a better place and got rid of Kazaa. (Thank you cowboy4ever) :twisted: