View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Possible AIM virus....sorry
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:06 pm 
born to perform.

Hey, I just got an irate call from a friend. She was mad at me because I sent her a link through AIM that infected her computer with some wacko virus....the only problem was that I was at a friend's house watching a movie....a good 15 miles away from my computer. I got home and found about 8 buddy windows open that had people's away messages....so I am thinking that somehow this link got sent to everyone on my list. I have a lot of you on my list so I apoligize if something happened, I assure you that it WAS NOT ME!!!! Just for future reference...I was told that the link has something to do with osama bin laden. Just thought I would let you all know. Sorry again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:02 am 
Penguin

oh god so that's what happened..!!! my friend's sn sent me something i said i'm busy and he asks "what what"?.. i didnt dl the file though so i'm not sure if i'm affected

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:50 am 
born to perform.

Someone IMED me with a link about something about Osama Bin Laden. I Imed him and said the link doesn't work. He said, I didn't send you anything, everyones IMING me saying I sent them something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:56 am 
Emperor Penguin

You guys have viruses on your computers. Either that, or a virus is exploiting vulnerability with your messaging client. Make sure you check for viruses and update your messaging clients.

A free on-line virus scan can be had at www.trendmicro.com. Just in case your anti-virus software has been infected.

8)

Last edited by wayno on Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 9:37 am 
born to perform.

Hey wayno, that link doesn't work for me.....I have norton and it found no viruses on my computer. Norton isn't the best, but it has served me well so far. I think you might be right about exploiting the messaging client though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

wiliby11 wrote:
Hey wayno, that link doesn't work for me.....I have norton and it found no viruses on my computer. Norton isn't the best, but it has served me well so far. I think you might be right about exploiting the messaging client though.

Sorry. It's fixed. It's trendmicro. Not trendomicro. Heh.

Double check just in case. The first thing some viruses and worms do is knock out your antivirus protection, making you think you're still safe. Thus allowing for even more viruses and trojans to get installed.

8)