View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:06 pm 
born to perform.

been a proud penguin for almost a year and a half now......I have loved every minute of it, helping out as musch as possible 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:10 pm 
born to perform.

Almost a year for me...man time really flies...I can still remember the old crappy forum penguin used to have (with no search :x )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:41 pm 
born to perform.

joeKing wrote:
Almost a year for me...man time really flies...I can still remember the old crappy forum penguin used to have (with no search :x )

Acually LOL I know they existed but i forget what they loked like is there adifferent forum where they have that layout PM if so.

--MARK--8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:37 pm 
born to perform.

I have been a member since March of last year...didn't really start posting in the forums til June of last year tho.

I have worked/spammed (yeah even I do it sometimes) to 1000+ posts. FP got me thinking about how many times I have answered the same 'What do you think of [insert effect/DVD here]?' and 'What should I buy with my allowance?' posts over and over and over again saying the same thing over and over and over again. Got me thinking, am I contributing at all to this community or am I just a broken record?

I have slowed down coz like Traylen said, you can only answer the same question so many times before you have to say ENOUGH! and just skip over and try to find a decent useful thread to post too.

This reply is probably spam, and of no value or meaningful contribution to the community....

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:57 pm 
Penguin

There were a lot of people posting to get to be Born To Perform. oh...the honor...the glory...the prestige. quick tempting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:36 am 
Emperor Penguin

I have to agree with Traylen and laughingman30....it's probably the redundance and repeated questions we get bombarded with that gets us bored and slows down our posting. It's when we get an influx of newcomers like we have been that makes it seem to get worse. Like they said, same old questions, same old answers...and why waste our breath and time since they have been answered 100's of times. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 4:24 am 
Emperor Penguin

Traylen wrote:
That's because after a while you keep getting the same old topics... I mean you can only answer so many "what should I get nexts" before you get sick of em. :P (This goes for me, possibly others as well, but I don't read minds.... yet :twisted: )

I don't even look at those anymore... Besides everything just gets repeated like 50 billion times, it becomes very redundant.

The reason I don't post as much because there isn't really many "worthy" topics for my "uber presence. :P 8) But seriously, I mean there aren't any good topics that are worth taking the time to answer. Either that or it has already been answered by like 10 people saying the same thing. And there really isn't anything you can add.

The search button is our replacement if only people would realize. ;) We've all answered the same questions time and time again. But then again, there are topics that haven't come up before and I love to jump on those and reply. I browse around briefly and just wait for those really good topics, or help questions to come along for me to help out. It's those topics that keep me coming back here. Heh.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:21 am 

i was juist about to start this topic after reading through the introduce yourself thread,we've lost some great posters and we have so many new comers

so on behalf of all the oldies here at penguin Welcome to the forums'

you sshould try reding the introduce yourself thread and notice all the old time classic posters are slowly leaving or are barley around anymore....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:30 am 
born to perform.

Well I'm somewhat new to the boards, I will be posting more and more. This is a bad week for me, but you will see more posts from me.
My philosophy is that, "go big or go home". In other words I like to make good quality posts, something that can help people out. I don't like writing "YEEAAAHHH" So I just thought I would let you know I'm around.

Thanks for your time,
Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:53 am 
born to perform.

I have noticed all this too and do spend my time skipping alot of posts. I agree with what Traylen has said it gets very old pointing out the search button or letting someone know that if they only researched products and reviews that they could make some decisions on their own. Don't get me wrong I don't mind helping people out but I would like to see people ask after all means are exhausted. BUt saying all that I will still be around in hopes that I will learn and maybe also help others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:18 am 
born to perform.

Ok, last night I vented on this topic without coming up with any positive way to resolve this new sitaution.

I just sent the following email to customer service:

Quote:
Hi There,

I had a great idea for improving the Forums. It seems in the last few weeks there has been a sudden influx of new users on the boards. They are asking a lot of questions that have been asked over and over again. The 'older' users such as myself have noticed and commented on this. This is of course no fault of the new folks.

My suggestion is to make the 'Search' link into a graphic button that is a little more visible to help the new folks out.

Thanks for your time,

Sean

Maybe this will become a reality and help the newbies out.

And to all the new folks to the boards, I offer this laruel and a hardy handshake and a big Laughingman welcome! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:33 am 
born to perform.

I've noticed recently that it seems people on the boards have become too apathetic to argue anymore. There's just not that much left to say. . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:47 pm 
Penguin

Okay, here is a question that has been annoying me for a while.
When you see me post, would you think I was new to the forums, an "oldie", or just someone who is sorta in between.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:54 pm 
born to perform.

sowney wrote:
Okay, here is a question that has been annoying me for a while.
When you see me post, would you think I was new to the forums, an "oldie", or just someone who is sorta in between.

Sowney, I have been here exactly one week longer than you, so you are a newbie in my eyes. :wink: Just kidding of course.

By and large your posts are very good and helpful. So it doesn't really matter how long you have been here as long as you have something to contribute (which you usually do). 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:36 pm 

yeah i started lirle F.A.Q topic to help poeple especially newbies with a lot of questions that are always posted