View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hypnosis
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:52 pm 
born to perform.

Do you belevie in hypnosis? Also does anyone knwo where i could get a book on how to do hypnosis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:29 pm 
Penguin

Hypnosis isn't really a "believe" thing, It's kinda like asking do you believe in apples....It is real, 100% there have been many studies and many researches, and it's proven, I even have a personal happening that prooves it, A Hypnotist (*Mesmer*) comes to my school once a year (In the evening, not during school hours) and he does a show, I've watched four years now, last year I vuolunteered, and I woke up 2 hours later, people asked me what it was like and I got angry at them...I truly believed that the show had not started, I even walked up to Mesmer (I didn't even know I had seen him before in my like) and yelled at him for being 2 hours late. Eventually someone showed me a movie they had taken on a camcorder, it was so shocking...seeing me do something that I have NO recallection of!!!.....THIS year, one of my good friends got hypnotized, and I watched, at intermission, when I told him that Mesmer had made him pretend he was a ballerena, and that he kissed a girl in Gr. 12 (Both actually happened) He stormed off to the washroom yelling that the show hadn't started!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:01 pm 
born to perform.

The only book I have on Hypnotism is 'The How-To Book of Hypnotism' by Tom Silver and Ormond McGill. It is a very thorough piece of work on the subject.

And I have been hypnotized myself. It is a very unique experience.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:33 am 
Penguin

we had a Hypno dude come to our senior party at the school, and every year until my senior year i believed it was real until i got up there i wasnt hypnotized i dont know if my friends were but i wasnt my sister and i were just faking it, but now ppl dont believe us, (we were some very convincing actors hehe) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:57 pm 
Penguin

I've got quite some time in hypnosis study and practice under my belt, and I feel it is very real. I'm the first to say that I'm no expert, but this is a very powerful tool to have at your disposal. Recently, I've been studying the works of Luke Jermay and I've found my knowledge in hypnosis have allowed me to slip into his mixture of magic and suggestion very easily.

Not going under during a stage show is very common, but it's got a lot to do with the fact that you know you're on the spot, that most likely you'll do dumb things, and all your friends (or a room full of complete strangers) are watching. This builds a wall in your mind that makes you fight the effects even though you may believe you're cooperating. Too often, however, hypnotists will simply brush this aside by telling the participant they can't be hypnotized, thus blacing the blame on the subject when there shouldn't be blame on anyone.

I can't really recommend any particular book since I learned basic technique from a cheap how-to book and then developed my own methods over time. I'd suggest whatever books you can find to start, but you'll find that once you get the technique, it will begin to be your personal touches that make this work for you. Hope some of this helps.

Pj