View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: saying goodbye
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:11 pm 
born to perform.

i regret to say that im saying good bye to magic. it seems as if i just dont have the time to do it anymore, and lets be real, unless you are a pro magic doesnt pay the bills. i have found that i need to concentrate on other things, like school and the work that i do from home, and magic doesnt seem to fit in anywhere with that.

i will still be checkign the forums to give an advice that will be taken, but my days of doing magic are pretty much over.

i just want to extend a special thanks to everyone that has helped me over the time i have spent here especailly magicmandan, cowboy4ever, and wade. thanks for all the helps guys. cya all around and good luck in the future

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:15 pm 
born to perform.

dude................ :(

well, I guess I can see where you're coming from. It's just sad to see you go. Hope the magic bug comes back and bites ya hard! :lol:

Good luck with work and school and such. 8)

-Scott

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:17 pm 
born to perform.

This will come for all magi's. Maybe when your all sorted out you'll get back in. Or it will get back into you. And maybe you'll find yourself doing a coin trick sub-contiously. But if not. You have to admit it was fun while it lasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:17 pm 
born to perform.

thanks cowboy lov eyour avatar. you never knwo maybe after college when i get some more free time i may get back into it but for the next year and a half or so i wont. good luck to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:19 pm 
born to perform.

ZKrawler wrote:
This will come for all magi's. Maybe when your all sorted out you'll get back in. Or it will get back into you. And maybe you'll find yourself doing a coin trick sub-contiously. But if not. You have to admit it was fun while it lasted.

there are many card tricks that are in my head and will last a life time and maybe if asked to do a trick i may do an ACR or soemthign very simple, but as for practicing new stuff, proabbly not. i have a friend that is going to benefit extremely from me taking a rest beacsue im sellign all of my effects to him. so it feels good to make soemone else happy with things i can provide.

the thing i will more than likely miss the most will be the reactions adn smiles on poeples faces after tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:16 pm 
born to perform.

dont truly give it up. I mean, really do that if you have to, but just dont worry about learning anything new or going public. Keep practicing tricks in your head and with any 30 seconds you have. Always have a deck of cards in your pocket. Treat it as a good luck charm :lol:

On the bad side, its sad to see you leaving the world of magic. Its understandable though. You have to concentrate on the more important things. Good luck with everything

ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear that, but I can understand your position. I would not sell your stuff, put it in storage, or at your folks house. I left magic when I was 12-13 and then 35 yrs later the bug hit me bad. Just wish I would of held onto that old Adam's Magic set and my Cub Scout Magic Book and and early print of The Amateur Magcians Handbook. Take it from experience, you will be back and when you do come back, wouldn't it be great to have all that stuff waiting?? Good Luck though in school and work. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I agree with Chief...don't get rid of your stuff, you'll regret it. Trust me, someday when things settle down the magic bug will bite you again and you can pick up from there. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:30 am 
born to perform.

Chief hit the nail on the head.

Luckily im lazy, so i kept all of my stuff from when i was smaller. Not ALL of it was noobish tricks (ok about 90% was) but it inspired me again!
As chief says, keep it in storage. Maybe sell your gimmicks or something, but keep the books/DVD's ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:39 am 
born to perform.

You'll come back, you'll come crawling back, and when you do.... we'll welcome you with open arms, sorry to see you go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:40 am 
born to perform.

Well I hope you take some time off and when it feels right you come back. Thanks for your advice and good presence on these boards. I hope you still hang around and I was going to pm you because the local ring here in CR is probably bringing Doc Eason to lecture soon,so if you still might think it was cool to come to pm me. Take it easy and stop in and let us know how its going.
Wade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:52 am 
Penguin

well adios , i would say goodbye but we all know once your bitten you can never truly leave magic am i not right guys???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:04 pm 
Penguin

Agreed. Don't get rid of your stuff.

Now that I have all of my higher degrees out of the way.....I still don't have time to practice. But I can at least get in 45 minutes a night. That's better than nothing.

It's the only thing that keeps me sane within the hectic schedule I follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:46 pm 
Penguin

you might be able to give up magic, but to me magic is in my soul. It's just a major part of me. I think it's my hands and my right leg to be precise. :?

Post subject: Re: saying goodbye
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:53 pm 

96burg10 wrote:
i regret to say that im saying good bye to magic. it seems as if i just dont have the time to do it anymore, and lets be real, unless you are a pro magic doesnt pay the bills.

Paying the bills doesn't usually happen with most hobbies. You should do magic because you enjoy it, not because it pays the bills. Trust me, there is plenty of other things you can (and sounds like you will) do that will pay the bills. But paying the bills isn't life, and in the end its going to be the experiences you enjoyed in your life that will matter.

Just wanted to let you know that. I understand your leaving, but just make sure its for the right reasons...not because it isn't "lucrative" as far as paying the bills, etc. Advancement in life is one thing, enjoying it is another. Too many people these days are giving up or never even have hobbies simply because our society is becoming a "if it doesn't pay, it's not worth it" type of place. I believe hobbies, however "worthless" they may seem to paying bills, getting us jobs, etc...they really do bring color to your life. I just don't want to see you give up on something that keeps the flavor in your life, simply because its not whats paying the bills or making "good use" of your time.

Good luck to you my friend. Remember, advancement in life is one thing, enjoying it is another.