View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:47 pm 
born to perform.

I just had to add my opinion in this. In the time I have been here there have been people that have always stood out and those people really should be at least asked to be the ones making a difference here. Penguin obviously doesnt care about how these boards are run or else that would have put more thought into who should be a mod. So what if Matt has been a mod before doesnt mean he knows what people like cowboy magicmandan and beman have done here. I think that we are in a bigger mess than we were without all these mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Just a thought on my part here....but since people don't think Penguins choices are all that great, maybe from now on Penguin should let the users vote in the new Mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:50 pm 
born to perform.

Thats a good idea because at least it would be people that the forum users find acceptable as mods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:54 pm 
Penguin

what happened to cowboy or magicmandan or immortaldusk(maybe even beman)??? the only new mod i think will help our boards any good is elimin8or23!!! are we really that desperate to be getting a bunch of newbies as new mods??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Aaron123 wrote:
... Penguin obviously doesnt care about how these boards are run or else that would have put more thought into who should be a mod.

edited, I've been saying that all along...but whenever I bring it up people get all hot under the collar and think I'm the bad guy! So whatever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:59 pm 

andrew523 wrote:
what happened to cowboy or magicmandan or immortaldusk(maybe even beman)??? the only new mod i think will help our boards any good is elimin8or23!!! are we really that desperate to be getting a bunch of newbies as new mods??

Thank you. I hope I can live up to that for you!!! As far as the other new mods, I think Matt_Foster will be a good mod. I know he was a mod for another site, and even though he is new to penguin, he is not new to being a mod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:14 pm 

Well the new mods have been choosen,and i'm sorry if i am a dissapointment,but the world moves on big deal..

what do you visit the penguin forums for to post about magic or just so you can be a moderator.....a mod is a mod big deal

just let the forums get on with it

no hard feelings,i will continue to keep the forums in good shape and help out as much as i can,aswell aas be of a assistance to all users with troubles and concerns just like the olde mods continue to do so

please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:36 pm 
Penguin

I feel none of the new mods should have mod powers, except for Matt Foster and Wiggy. The others haven't had any moderator experience before. I don't know much about elimin8er so I can't say anything about him.

EDITED

Now that we have decided that he has no business helping to run a forum, let us look at the content of the forum itself.

This is a business. A magic business. If we have little kids running the forum which IS in fact a product that penguin sells, in a sense, Penguin's aura of professionalism is lessened greatly. This applies to all mods, who I feel should use correct grammar and punctuation, capitalization etc.

EDITED

Sorry for being blunt but the fate of these forums lies in haveing good moderators.

I edited out everything that could be seen as initiative for starting a flame war.
This needs to be read.

Last edited by pyrodude_is_back on Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:52 pm 
born to perform.

all right, i understand everyone's complaints but let the mods do the jobs and time will tell if it was a good choice or not.

untill then lets not put their morale down, on less then the first day. besides complaining over here about things they havnt even done is not going to do a thing.

thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:33 pm 
born to perform.

i would be a mod if i had to go through this no thanks! :lol: :shock:

congrats :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:42 pm 
born to perform.

Matt_Foster wrote:
I talked to Maxwell a couple of days ago, he said he would hook me up with mod powers. I only locked the Revolution thread because it was going to lead to exposure. There were so many questions on it, angles, how easy, etc.. I know it would lead to exposure. If one of the other mods thinks it is fine to have it unlocked, then I will unlock it, but I think it will lead to exposure.

Matt

I will try my best to help the boards out. The Revolution topic is unlocked, but try not to ask so many questions about it, it will lead to exposure.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to pm me.

Thanks,
Matt

I find this interesting Matt that you were the only person, after I posted that I found Revolution randomly on the web, to PM me asking where it was so that you could learn it. Talk about exposure? I don't think that you're cut out to be a moderator. Just my opinion. What do you other guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:49 pm 

im guessing bshack locked this one. (note: i did not lock this one)

but i will throw in the final word

it isnt up for discussion weather or not the new mods should be mods... well it is, but not here, this isnt the place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:43 pm 
born to perform.

many people have talked about so many other people should have got to be mod, well im gonna talk to acar and ask him to give mod to some one else. Cowboy4ever or Magicmandan! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 6:56 pm 
born to perform.

I'm all for magicmandan!
I think cowboy is a little combative to be a mod. :lol: (I know, I am too, but you don't see me trying to be mod)

Bshack if you mean your stepping down because of the good of the boards, then you're an allright guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:00 pm 

Lunatic wrote:
I'm all for magicmandan!
I think cowboy is a little combative to be a mod. (I know, I am too, but you don't see me trying to be mod)

Bshack if you mean your stepping down because of the good of the boards, then you're an allright guy.

i am going to refrain from commenting on this one....

other than to say i would also like to know what bshack is deciding to do

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next