View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 7:03 pm 
born to perform.

Well he could just say F'everyone and stay mod. But he feels like if no one wants him to be mod, then he should step down. I think that is honorable. Maybe he hasn't been honorable in the past, but you have to admit, that's a cool thing to do, that no one else on here would do. (and you know it)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:15 pm 
born to perform.

Whoa whoa whoa. Bshack's a mod too? There an unexpected move by the people at Penguin. Didnt see that coming.
I really think the mods should have been cowboy and dan. I agree with frijid the mods shouldve bene vote din. I meen the mayor is voted but he doesnt do anything. it slike a popularity contest. The mod swhoa ctually make a difference and matter, are decided by people who ahrdly seem to care about the forums at all. What sense does that make?

-- B.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

Did they draw names out of a hat or something??? They need a better way to choose mods. Mods have a major effect on the forum, and I think the best way to choose is to let US, the people of penguintown choose instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:44 pm 

If poeple wan't to be a mod they could of applied to the admins, they dont choose poeple who just sit there, now that would picking out of the hat..

I think it's time poeple started to realise

moderating is moderating

it's not a right or a privalage,it's a responsability

No matter who's is a mod and who isn't there still doing there job.

Somtimes I think poeple here are more anxious to be a mod than a magician.

sorry to be harsh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 11:46 pm 
Penguin

yeah but does asking to be a mod automatically makes you responsible ? Pyrodude said it (before his post gets edited) that bshack asked constantly to be a mod at his forum before even being a member lol

I personally think that bshack is actually the kind of guy is cares more about being a mod than a magician
I didnt email them asking to be mod, they happend to pick me. When they choose mods what they do is b/c i asked, what they do is go through and finf a poster with 40-50 post and some one with 200-400 and some one with alot of post and then they gp through each individual poster that qualifys and then they pick. It was their desicion.

moderators should only be choosed by the quality of their posts and their capacity to help and have useful help and tips...then when the administrators need maybe a new mod they should ask to that guy if he'd like to be a mod...and he also has the right to decline it too and then they could ask to the second person in list that they think could be a good mod. That is one of the best way it could actually work in my opinion (no vote because by that method there will always be people that will be happy and others not).

please people who are in charge of this, just think of who you are choosing before giving him this "power"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:36 am 
Emperor Penguin

Let's not put the blame on the newly chosen Mods, it's not thier fault! Let's put the blame where it really belongs...on the Admin/s who made the decisions.

I for one would like to know what criteria the Admin/s used to decide on these new Mods.

I have no idea what criteria they are using at present, but I do know what criteria was used when I was "chosen". None! All I had to do was ask and I got lucky! Nobody questioned my qualifications, nobody asked if I had any experience, nobody asked what my reasons were for wanting to be a Mod. There was absolutely no screening process whatsoever...I just asked and all of a sudden I was a Mod. I'm not positive, but I think the same applied when the other Mods were "chosen" as well...with the exception of RoatC who was recommended by the existing Mods at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm 
born to perform.

Who's next? iamgod?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:09 pm 
born to perform.

Ok, so maybe some of the mods on the boards arent exactly who everyone expected. But no matter who they are or how long they have been here, let them get on with moderating these boards.

Afterall, they have voluntered (as with the previous mods) to help run these boards and make the forums problem free for us to enjoy.

Surely now, this thread has just made things more complicated for the new mods- they are moderators to help us out so why do we complain that they are mods because of when they arrived or how many posts they have.
Sure there are people who knows Penguin better (in experience terms) then some of the new mods, like frijid said, its the admin who chose the mods so if there are any concerns about it then ask them.

This is just my opinion- im not disagreeing with anything anyone else said, infact I agree with the points that there should be a screening process etc- Just dont blame the mods, they are here to help.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4