View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Starting Out
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:24 pm 
Penguin

I'm going to start out doing these escape effects.
It's a little different though, i want to have an illusion,
Ex. (this is like a criss angel effect) your on fire, then you fall and someone puts the fire out with an extinguisher. EXCEPT THE SAVER IS YOU!
i would like to know how i can learn these effects or where i can buy them.

Thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:30 pm 
born to perform.

im not certain, but i dont think these effects are for sale. sorry....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:36 pm 
born to perform.

nooo clue..that would sound really cool though...do u have a twin?? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 5:35 pm 
born to perform.

I suggest your first escape illusion NOT involve fire, for any number of safety, legal and insurance reasons.

Post subject: Fire
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:39 pm 
Penguin

As one who has worked with fire and explosives at venues involving tens of thousands of spectators and allowing NO margin for error, I also advise strongly against using fire of any kind unless you are trained properly, have a trained crew skilled in pyro effects/ emergency rescue/ and first aid involving burn treatment , and have enough money saved up to be able to take out a liability insurance policy worth at least 2 million for openers.

Steve Santini Edited, No Personal Websites allowed, Fcchief

P.S., Why does it seem that every young person who starts out these days wants to reach the moon and beyond just because they saw some yozo on T.V. do something similiar?

What ever happened to learning all the finer points of any particular art first?

Do you really think Criss Angel just suddenly decided one day to have a T.V. series and play around with fire?

No way.

He worked at his craft for years until he was in a position to be able to work with the best of the best people in the biz.

Nothing happens overnight.

Especially if you plan to start out by copying an effect done by someone more known that yourself.

Mimicking or copying someone else's original effect will only make you look like a pale imitation of the originator and will garner you FAR less attention and exposure.

After all, it's been done, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

Correct on all counts, Steve.
:!:

Post subject: Re: Fire
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

SANTINI wrote:
As one who has worked with fire and explosives at venues involving tens of thousands of spectators and allowing NO margin for error, I also advise strongly against using fire of any kind unless you are trained properly, have a trained crew skilled in pyro effects/ emergency rescue/ and first aid involving burn treatment , and have enough money saved up to be able to take out a liability insurance policy worth at least 2 million for openers.

Steve Santini www.thedarkmaster.com

P.S., Why does it seem that every young person who starts out these days wants to reach the moon and beyond just because they saw some yozo on T.V. do something similiar?

What ever happened to learning all the finer points of any particular art first?

Do you really think Criss Angel just suddenly decided one day to have a T.V. series and play around with fire?

No way.

He worked at his craft for years until he was in a position to be able to work with the best of the best people in the biz.

Nothing happens overnight.

Especially if you plan to start out by copying an effect done by someone more known that yourself.

Mimicking or copying someone else's original effect will only make you look like a pale imitation of the originator and will garner you FAR less attention and exposure.

After all, it's been done, right?

well said, something you taught me, to be as original as possible. be yourself. 8)

p.s. to work with fire, like angel you must take classes to even buy the special gels he wore, and the insurance is very high, and like santini said fire is very very dangerous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:34 pm 
born to perform.

actually, what you said isnt LIKE an Angel effect, it IS an Angel effect. He did this in one of the first episodes of Mindfreak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:32 am 
Penguin

I totally agree! It looks like you are just starting with escapes. Stick with the basics for now. Handcuffs, ropes, chains etc. I for one have not used fore in my escapes. I have found for me, my crowd pleaser. Hanging upside down and escapeing from a straight-jacket. Yes, it has been done before by many others. It is scarey enough for me for now at my age. I will be doing it again for the 4th of july for about 15,000 people. Just hanging with the straight-jacket. No fire or frills. Plenty high to make people worry. Remember, cool does not have to be so dangerous as working with fire. If that is what you eventually want to do, after learning the basics, I say go for it. But for now, give it time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:01 pm 
Penguin

It doesn't need fire,
it could even be like somethings lance burton does in his sword fight skit where he is fighting a monster and then the monster takes off the mask and it is lance and now in lances suit is his assistant,

Hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:06 pm 
born to perform.

oh my ... why does everyone want to do the exact same things that Angel does ... you can clearly get peoples attention and gain "coolness"( if thats what you want ) with other - less dangerous stunts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:10 pm 
Penguin

i just like how he does things.

He makes the presentation all worth it.

(this off topic but njkid joined on my bday)