View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: International Brotherhood of Escape Artist's
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:37 pm 
Penguin

I believe an International Organization for Escape Artist's around the word is badly needed. We are not talking about Escape Masters here, we are talking about a very serious organization like the International Brotherhood of Magicians. Please share your thoughts on this very important matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't think it is needed, but rather wanted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

yeah, I dont think it will be needed

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:32 am 
Penguin

Hi Steve Baker brought up this same subject at another magic forum several years ago, he mooted that he could be the President.

I posted at message at the time saying, that a brother/sisterhood already exists and that there are escape artists and those interested in escapes and allied arts who already help each other out. It is done via these forum and privatley and many of the people I know help where they can directly or if that don't know something, pass on information or obtain information to pass back.

What would be the purpose of this group?? Most groups cost money and forcuss attention on the few not the masses. At present, most information costs nothings and is freely given to all.

regards

Ian

Post subject: Re: International Brotherhood of Escape Artist's
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:20 am 
Penguin

mochin wrote:
I believe an International Organization for Escape Artist's around the word is badly needed. We are not talking about Escape Masters here, we are talking about a very serious organization like the International Brotherhood of Magicians. Please share your thoughts on this very important matter.

This is a very good idea!

Don Randini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 am 
Penguin

Hi Don, your position seems to have changed. Your PM to me Posted: Wed, Nov 3rd, 2004 - 5:14 PM (EST) has a different view. What has changed your mind since then?

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:45 am 
Penguin

You have obviousley misread prior postings or od didn't understand what was being said. Taking things out of context or cutting and pasting to give the appearance of different motif seems to be the norm with you. Lets stick to friendly disscussion here ok? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:56 am 
Penguin

Hi Don, I have many of your PM's if any one wishes to see them. I haven't anything to hide. For a while back then you did make me think you were someone else.

Ian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:02 am 
Penguin

Here we go again with Ian... he can't make up his mind who is who! As The World Turns with Ian McColl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:05 am 
born to perform.

Wasn't Houdini the presedent of the IBM/SAM ?

And wasn't he an Escape Artist ?

I don't know about you, but I can't afford to belong to two clubs, not to mention the cost of belonging to two clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:07 am 
Penguin

Hey guys, lets just stick to the main topic here alright? It's about an organization for the escape artist.

dido

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:30 am 
Penguin

Mochin, I changed my mind, yes this the world's best idea. What is it going to do for the escape community? Who is going to be the boss?
How much is it going to cost? Will donuts be on offer during meeting and do I have to fly over there each week for meetings?

Will members be forced to use there real names and not have usernames to hide behind?

To offer you sincerity to this cause can you and Randini email your phones to me at [No personal contact info please]so we can discuss this further.

Ian
(PS bet I don't hear from you both)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

There are some problems with the idea. Who's going to be the president? If it's Steve Baker, that's going to convince some people not to join.

How many chapters are there going to be? I know there's quite a few escape artists out there, but from my knowledge, a lot of them also dabble in magic. So they can just as well join a magic club, which they will also be able to talk to other escape artists.

Who's going to put up the initial money to have this started? Unless it's a interenet thing, (and even then), it's going to cost money. At first, the money is going have to come out from the founders pockets.

Why is this necessary? Why do we need a international brotherhood of escape artists? Will it really be that benefitful? And what are the benefits of joining?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:14 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
There are some problems with the idea. Who's going to be the president? If it's Steve Baker, that's going to convince some people not to join.

I would be very interested to hear why Steve Baker, if he were the President of such an organization, would convince some people not to join? Could you please explain you're grounds for such thinking? Steve Baker's qualifications to hold such a position are second to none. I think he would make a great President!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

mochin wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

I would be very interested to hear why Steve Baker, if he were the President of such an organization, would convince some people not to join? Could you please explain you're grounds for such thinking? Steve Baker's qualifications to hold such a position are second to none. I think he would make a great President!

You are just so blind. :roll:

For one his ego is larger than the state of Alaska.
Two, the way he treats people, and handles him self.
He believes hes above everyone. He believes he deserves everything.

Of course people would join because of him as well, he dear and near friends.

If we were to have a brother hood, I personally would not want him to be the leader.

Mark Cannon Would be much more suited in my opinion, as he already hosts a large convention yearly.