View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Awesome escape!?!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:25 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 31 May 2007
Posts: 134
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXpHqAe4js
Heres Christian Illusionist, Bj Harris preforming a pretty awesome escape!
It may be easy for you escape artists to figure out but im confused?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1525
:D don't look into escapology it'll simply ruin it for you :) *looks back on the good old times when this would have fried my mind...* I love the guy saying "there's no way he's in that box... there's no way he's in that box...YEA! HOW DID HE DO THAT!?" ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 27 Nov 2006
Posts: 2713
lol. she wasnt wearning any shoes. must have hurt a lot. i liked when the bearded guy checked her out haha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:34 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 31 May 2007
Posts: 134
sebishungry wrote:
:D don't look into escapology it'll simply ruin it for you :) *looks back on the good old times when this would have fried my mind...* I love the guy saying "there's no way he's in that box... there's no way he's in that box...YEA! HOW DID HE DO THAT!?" ;)

Oh so does Dixie Dooley teach you how to do an escape similar?? And if so does it take alot of practice?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1525
Yes he goes over it, the handcuffs and all in his escapology set. Takes a bit/lot of coordination/timing practice obviously (between you and your assistant) +a bit of money to buy/make the trunk (/buy handcuffs+bag+curtain etc.)

but the reactions it gets as you can tell make it all worth it in my opinion...


Last edited by sebishungry on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 295
Location: California Posts: 537098
I found the method to this trick in Houdini's biography :shock:

That ain't good...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
*Moved to the very large forum specifically for escapes*


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 2200
Location: www.mymagic reviews.wordpress.com
Is that bearded guy Lanny Donaho, the guy who runs Bigstuf ministries? Cause my brother went to Bigstuf and he said that there was a magician who did this trick at the camp. I wonder if it's the same guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Posts: 2200
Location: www.mymagic reviews.wordpress.com
I just checked the pictures, it was the same guy! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 1435
Excellent performance. Years ago, I was hired to do an show at a church youth camp/retreat. Now, I don't do bible magic. I have an uncle that does, but he wasn't hired for the show...I was. I took on the challenge of transforming my illusions into messages. Before the altar call, I did Metamorphosis. I explained how "as humans, we get bound by our sin, and shackeled to the world and all tied up in our worldly lives, and sometimes become prisoners, locked in a box of transgressions." As I was explaining this, the cuffs were being put on and the bag was being tied then the lid to the trunk was being locked. "However, Christ came to conquer sin and death and to take our place so that we can receive His gift of eternal life."...the switch was made. It worked beautifully and occasionally, I'll still get emails from pastors wanting me to come and share that effect with their groups.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:31 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Jan 2008
Posts: 2610
Location: Canada
sebishungry wrote:
Yes he goes over it, the handcuffs and all in his escapology set. Takes a bit/lot of coordination/timing practice obviously (between you and your assistant) +a bit of money to buy/make the trunk (/buy handcuffs+bag+curtain etc.)

but the reactions it gets as you can tell make it all worth it in my opinion...


I just purchased the wood to build a sub trunk. It should be ready by Tuesday. I'm going to be performing it a lot in the next little while.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 05 Jun 2008
Posts: 1525
yea, I need to go out and buy the stuff to build one, I could really use one...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 22 Mar 2003
Posts: 3251
Location: of my spongeballs eludes me.
MichalAngelo wrote:
Excellent performance. Years ago, I was hired to do an show at a church youth camp/retreat. Now, I don't do bible magic. I have an uncle that does, but he wasn't hired for the show...I was. I took on the challenge of transforming my illusions into messages. Before the altar call, I did Metamorphosis. I explained how "as humans, we get bound by our sin, and shackeled to the world and all tied up in our worldly lives, and sometimes become prisoners, locked in a box of transgressions." As I was explaining this, the cuffs were being put on and the bag was being tied then the lid to the trunk was being locked. "However, Christ came to conquer sin and death and to take our place so that we can receive His gift of eternal life."...the switch was made. It worked beautifully and occasionally, I'll still get emails from pastors wanting me to come and share that effect with their groups.


AWESOME patter to a classic illusion!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.