View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dixie Dooley Sub Trunk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 pm 
Penguin

I've been collecting different plans on how to construct a sub trunk (the best so far being MichalAngelo's plans). On the third DVD of his Escapology series, Dixie Dooley states that he has provided plans to build the sub trunk however, I can't find them. I bought the series off of ebay and so the seller might have been a bit rubbish. Are they on a separate piece of paper or am I being completely, unutterably stupid and not finding them on the DVD. I may have skipped through them on the DVD but I'm not sure. Any help would be great.

justjammy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:02 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I believe they are on the third DVD. However, it's not the best plan. I can't remember exactly where in the DVD it is, but it's on there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:13 pm 
born to perform.

They are not actually as such plans, he just teahces you how to do the effect and shows you how to build a basic one, personally it isnt that good, if you are going to and are a handyman like me, you can just look over the Plans in the escapology series and design your own :D

Post subject: Re: Dixie Dooley Sub Trunk
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:05 am 
born to perform.

justjammy wrote:
I've been collecting different plans on how to construct a sub trunk (the best so far being MichalAngelo's plans).
justjammy

Aww. Shucks. :oops: Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I've tried to cover all the bases, and include everything I possibly could without actually building the trunk for you. 8)

Once you get it built, let me know how it turned out, and of course, if you have ANY questions in the process, let me know, and I'll help you out however I can. If you want to submit a review for them to me, I'd be happy to put your review in the product description. *hint hint*

MA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:00 am 
born to perform.

Dixie Dooley's DVD set is geared for people interested in beginning escapology and contains about three or four effects in each DVD. It does include a description of ,how to build, and the performance of, the Sub trunk, however I believe the trunk described is the same basic design as the one Houdini invented almost 100 years ago. The nice thing is that the box is super easy to build even if your handy man status leaves a bit to be desired.

I would recomend this DVD for any beginner interested in escape or seance magic. However, considering you have already purchased plans for a sub trunk I am assuming you are not a beginner. So I wouldn't recomend it for you. I'm sure the plans you have are much more updated than what is described in Dooley's DVD.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 am 
Penguin

On the DVD
he states the plans are included in the DVD case with more detail -
They never arrived , called Penguin, they said are trying to track them down (4 weeks ago now) &
also sent Dixie an message through FaceBook, No response
Except for this headache - Very happy with DVD set

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:41 pm 
born to perform.

I know of know plans that are included with the DVD. I have owned the DVD for some time and didn't receive any plans, either. Hmm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:05 pm 
born to perform.

I don't recall anything like that either. You sure he says their are plans in the dvd jacket? Anyways I found his plans pretty straight forward.