View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Is it Real?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:18 pm 
born to perform.

Hey there! I am thinking about getting into the escapology along with my stage and parlour magic shows. So, Like rope escapes, are these fake or real? Like are slip knots useed in order to et out or is it just a very good skill of being able to untie things. I am practicing thinking it may just be skill, so i'm having my roomate, brother, and friends tie me up in about 10 feet of rope as best they cand aroud hands and feet, behind back or not. I am getting out in less than 5 minutes and they are very complicated knots and very well tied. Am I going about this right or wokring too hard? Thanks! Sorry for the long post :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

Most escapes are very real, and some are very dangerous. There are gimmicks involved on some effects, but many other times those same effects are accomplished without gimmicks.

What you are doing is the perfect way to practice getting yourself out of ropes. By allowing yourself to be tied up and untieing yourself, you are learning how different types of knots work, and what to do in certain situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:35 pm 
born to perform.

Alright thank you very much for the help. Any suggestions on like DVD's or books to get? I'm quite interested in escapology, I was thinking about Dixie Dooley volume 2, is it a good choice? Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:54 pm 
Penguin

A good escape is the 100 foot rope escape. The routine is described in an old book, Magic Digest, where an entire section is devoted to the effect. It is actually harder to escape from 10 feet of rope than 100 feet. Try it and you'll see.