View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: better reaction uk vs us
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:48 am 
born to perform.

well i saw a documentary on magic ages ago and this english guy says he only does tricks to people when there almost drunk he said americans react better than people in the uk

but i do magic at school sometimes and get hardcore reactions and last year an american girl came to my street to see one of her relatives and i did the raven to here with a coin on her hand and she didnt really understand it so she was just about to walk away and i threw the coin into one of her jacket pockets (perfect shot) and i said look in your pocket and she still didnt get it.

i was just wondering which country has better reactions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:08 pm 
born to perform.

I think it was Paul Zenon who said the thing about drunk people having better reactions.

In my opinion people in the UK are still amazed by magic but Americans give the better reaction. The English I would say tend to hide their emotions more but I could be wrong.

For example David Blaine gets people screaming and freaking out after taking a bite out of a quarter. All I get is a "cool" when I do it with a 10p.

EDIT: However, I performed a good "book test" trick to a bunch of my parents and their friends and they all loved it and we all had a good laugh about it.

I've changed my opinion to be that the English give good reactions to tricks but moreso when in larger groups.

Last edited by Lawboy on Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

You'd get better reactions in the US. I personally think that the majority of people there are more gullible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:30 pm 
born to perform.

Being very cynical is a major thing in british culture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:14 pm 
Penguin

hey I work in a restaurant in th uk doing magic and about 2 weeks ago there was a couple getting married and they came to the restaurant for a meal along with about 20 friends and they were on 2 different tables and on one table there was just english ppl who were not drunk when i went to there table and on another table there was some americans and I got better reactions form the people on the table and they were all english!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:25 pm 
Penguin

Hey

The US have better reactions they apriciate magic more that us.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:03 pm 
born to perform.

Sorry for this post but...

The States, sorta stupid and gullible, they'll beleive any thing their president says!

*JOKE!*

US does get better reactions
*halfway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:04 pm 
born to perform.

[quote="markrooke"]Hey

The US have better reactions they apriciate magic more that us.

Mark[/quote]

Errr... I wouldn't say that, theres a lot of [b]wanna bes and show offs[/b] who think their cool becuase they say the masked magician. zI end up wanting to scream at them they can be so stupid.[/b]

Post subject: Re: better reaction uk vs us
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:35 pm 
born to perform.

jackginger wrote:
well i saw a documentary on magic ages ago and this english guy says he only does tricks to people when there almost drunk he said americans react better than people in the uk

but i do magic at school sometimes and get hardcore reactions and last year an american girl came to my street to see one of her relatives and i did the raven to here with a coin on her hand and she didnt really understand it so she was just about to walk away and i threw the coin into one of her jacket pockets (perfect shot) and i said look in your pocket and she still didnt get it.

i was just wondering which country has better reactions

How old was the girl?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:39 pm 
born to perform.

i think she was 14

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]