View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Got ink? Write a story for PENGUIN'S NEW ONLINE MAGAZINE!!!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:34 am 
Penguin

December 1st is the day Penguin Magic launches an online magic magazine of its own! It will feature articles written by and about famous magicians, the Penguin Magic crew, and of course, YOU. No professional magician credentials or English degrees needed. And we'll even select a few overachievers to become regular contributors.

Here are a few guidelines to help you get started...

Content

We'd like articles to be approximately 1,000-1,250 words in length, but anything goes. While it doesn't have to be Shakespeare (if it is I'm not reading it) it should be written according to the rules all of our English teachers handed down to us. Complete sentences, correct spelling, etc. -- I'm just trying to save myself some work here.

What should I write about?

Everything and anything magic. Tell us your opinions. Tell us about your favorite magicians. Tell us why you think Jay's new DVD is his best yet. Whatever. Surprise us.

What should I not write about?

The same rules of the forums apply here, too. Don't give away any secrets, don't give out your contact info, don't use bad words, yada yada...

Can I include a performance video or pictures?

Sure!

Why should I write an article for the Penguin magazine?

Two words: bragging rights. We can't put everyone's article up. In fact, I've already been told that none of mine are going to make it. Surprise, surprise.

***HOW DO I SUBMIT AN ARTICLE?***

Send your submissions in Word, PDF or RTF format to kevin@penguinmagic.com. After we've received a bunch we'll let you know where yours stands.

Good luck!

Best,

Kevin
Penguin Magic: born to perform
kevin@penguinmagic.com

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]