View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kid levitation
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm 
Penguin

I was watching a video of a magician from about ten years ago, and he levitated my cousin. He put a board on the backs of two chairs, and had my cousing lie down on it. He then wrapped him up and proceeded to remove one of the chairs, than the board, so my cousin was just resting on his neck on one chair with his body parallel to the ground. He put a hoola hoop around him and over the chair to show there was nothing there. Does anyone know what this is called and where I can get it? It looks good for a kids party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:20 am 
Penguin

this is a guess but i think it might be called "Chair suspension". need conformation though

just as a note: i do think this trick requires an expensive gimmick that can be hard to transport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:26 am 
Penguin

The effect is called Chair Suspension and can be located at a number of other sites (its not offered here at Penguin Magic, other wise I would post their link). You can find it at elmwood magic for 499. I've seen it sometimes offered for less. I have used the effect and its not to bulky to carry and the set up takes only a few moments. How ever, it is a expensive trick and in my mine its a dud and a waste but hey to each his/her own, thats what makes this world so wonderful.

Cheers,
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:09 am 

I close all of my kids shows with Chair Suspension. This is a one man illusion that can really take your show to the next level. The proper presentation will take some thought to make it sell; but once you put the work into it, you have a real winner.

Chair Suspension comes in different models. Some are more expensive than others simply because of the quality and strength of the gimmick. Basic models will start at $500 and go up to about $2000. They are bulky and weigh about 30 lbs, but will fit into the trunk of most vehicles.

Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:16 pm 
Penguin

I googled it and like the first link revealed the secret. Man, exposure on the Internet drives me nuts. (I won't post where I found out how, for obvious reasons)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:27 pm 
Penguin

lol, i thought the secret would be more closely guarded than that. but i knew it before hand

someone should go around and edit all the exposure pages on youtube