View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I need to find some silkand rope magic
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:43 am 
Penguin

Well June 26 will be exactly one year since I strated preforming magic and Im planning to make a BIG order (BOYA) and am looking for a good trick with silk and another with rope. Nothing like acrobatic silks tho gest a trick with one silk (or two).And I need a rope trick good for stage. Any recomendatinos will be apreciated.Thaks.

-braady

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:34 am 

Slydini Silks (named "Sly" silks here)

Whit Haydn's "Mongolian Pop Knot"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:35 am 
Penguin

Thanks Ill have a look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:52 pm 
born to perform.

My daughter likes Professor's Nghtmare and afterwards restores them to their original lengths. She likes rope through body, although she prefers rope through neck but doesn't do it with younger children, she likes Daryl's Chinese Launderman. There are so many different rope routines out there -- grab a Daryl video or a good magic book and you'll find all the rope magic you'll ever need!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:01 pm 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
My daughter likes Professor's Nghtmare and afterwards restores them to their original lengths. She likes rope through body, although she prefers rope through neck but doesn't do it with younger children, she likes Daryl's Chinese Launderman. There are so many different rope routines out there -- grab a Daryl video or a good magic book and you'll find all the rope magic you'll ever need!

Thanks, I think Professor's Nightmare is the routine for me. And Im probly am going to get Slydini Silks. One more thing, by any chance do you have a video of your daughter preforming.

Post subject: Re: I need to find some silkand rope magic
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:18 pm 
born to perform.

braady wrote:
looking for a good trick with silk and another with rope. Nothing like acrobatic silks tho gest a trick with one silk (or two).And I need a rope trick good for stage. Any recomendatinos will be apreciated

Can I toss in a suggestion for the Fibre Optics DVD?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:51 pm 
born to perform.

braady wrote:
One more thing, by any chance do you have a video of your daughter preforming.

I do have videos of her performing, both on stage and at private parties but I do not post them online. Unfortunately, she has already garnished some unwanted attention in a not-so-positive way. That is the downside to performing. Sometimes, people can take a little too much interest in a young girl when it is not approriate. It has actually scared her so my first priority is to protect my daughter and keep her safe and any videos/pics we post are kept strictly for potential clients. She also only takes jobs by referral to help minimize any uncomfortable situations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:21 am 

I have, during a vacation, set up and busked in a city just using ropes. I can do a 15 miute rope routine with hat lines and hat pass and not ever worry. In fact I have paid for my vacations this way for quite a while now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:29 am 
born to perform.

Now that is what I call putting magic to work Paddy! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:12 pm 
Penguin

I have to second Whit's Mongolian Pop Knot Routine.
Its a cut and restored rope routine with professors nightmare and it all makes sense. Plus Whit is a wonderful teacher and just a great guy. Check it out.

Cheers,
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:16 pm 
born to perform.

I"ll have to third Whit Haydn's Mongolian Pop Knot. Dennis Loomis has some good stuff on his Dennis Loomis Knot Routine Plus DVD. The Will Rogers Snap Knot as taught by Dennis Loomis is a good rope flourish/routine that looks good, is impressive and takes some practice to master. Last but not least. You can't rule out anything by Daryl. Daryl's Rope Routine and his Acrobatic Ropes are found on Expert Rope Magic Made Easy Vol. 3 and I would also recommend getting the written instructions for Daryl's Rope Routine.

Dan