View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 1000 kids!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:14 pm 
Penguin

Help, my father in law, pastor of church, has booked me for their annual kids fest program. There will be at least 1000 kids there and I'll be onstage about 7 ft from front row. I have 30 mins to perform and they want very visual magic. Any suggestions?? Large stage illusions?? I have basically unlimited resources, so products are not an issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The most I've performed for was around 250 kids. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:27 pm 
born to perform.

Whether it is 250 kids or 1000 kids, what is the difference? Both are large crowds, although obviously 1000 kids a huge number. I can only assume this will be an outside venue because unless you are in some kind of "arena" you aren't going to sit 1000 kids indoors. Even the college auditorium where my daughter has performed only sits 340-400 people.

If you have a show for 250 kids, then do it for 1000. It had to be visual to begin with for 250 kids to see it.

As for illusions, my daughter will be unveiling the "dollhouse" this year for her stage shows that are coming up. She is really looking forward to it. Just remember that illusions, unless you are building them, can be quite costly. Even if building them -- we probably have close to $1000 already invested in building the dollhouse so you may want to think about the "unlimited resources".

As for stage, I always love silks, but you have to always remember that weather can affect your show if it is outdoors so always bear that in mind.

How long do you have to prepare being the kids fest program? Months?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

My church was advertsing this, i was thinkin edited no. But if your there i might consider going to it. Even thought im 15

Last edited by tkies on Wed May 23, 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:31 pm 
Penguin

I will be the first week in August-so some time to prepare. I already have midway construction of Jim Steinmeyer's Lady in the Puzzle and Hot Air, just wasn't sure if I should go live animals or what? This is indoors, our church seats 5000 on 2 levels. But only the lower level will be open.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:21 am 
born to perform.

Fire,
Just like Kristenl said, don't change anything. If a show works for twenty kids it'll work for a thousand. Your effects may have to be bigger but your presentation can stay the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:08 am 

If you're expecting 1000 kids, that means an audience of about 3000 people (including parents). For a show like that, your props need to be bigger, and your stage movements need to be bigger. You also need to seriously consider issues like, sound, lighting, blocking and music. In essence, you need to approach this type of event as if you are producing and presenting a Grand Illusion show. Even if you are not using Grand Illusion props, it needs to have that look and feel for the audience.

By the way, I hope you are getting some serious money for this type of performance. Is your show worth $1 per child? If so, that's $1000 and the parents get to see the show for free.

Anyways, have fun!
Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:05 pm 
Penguin

A stage illusion might be cool, since it is such a large audience.

Perhaps a sub trunk? We build some very nice ones that you may be interested in!

Sam
www.PearceIllusions.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:29 pm 
born to perform.

samp123 wrote:
A stage illusion might be cool, since it is such a large audience.

Perhaps a sub trunk? We build some very nice ones that you may be interested in!

Sam
www.PearceIllusions.com

LoL Sam I havent seen you in a while :D and your site wont load for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:31 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Even if it did load, it wouldn't get you anywhere... it says coming soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:14 pm 
Penguin

Sorry I haven't been on in a long time, but I have been crazy busy.

If you care, there's a blog on my site that you can check out for recent news. www.SamPearceMagic.com

We are just getting the site up and running, so it should be online in the next few days I hope!

Although the site is not up yet, we are still taking orders, and have already got a few things built, and there is a few in progress in the shop right now.

We will be building custom stage illusions, ATA cases, and anything you could every dream of!

Here's our ad for the trunk that we placed in the CAM convention program...

Sam

www.PearceIllusions.com