View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Essential products
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:11 am 
Penguin

I believe i would like to get into doing kids shows. I have already performed for 5th graders and did mostly card routines , pen routines and coins ect.

I was wondering what was essential for smaller kids shows. Please noe that i am only 16

I was wondering what silks, thumptips( For a skinny fingered 16 year old)/ coloring books are the cheapest but best quality. And also wondering what essential items i should have in my routine.

Thanks for your time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:23 am 
born to perform.

If you search through the forum you will see that this topic is thoroughly covered. Just use the search button up above.

Just one note, in magic it is my opinion that it is better to save up for a quality prop than to go cheaply. We have all learned that lesson at one time or another! So save yourself some wasted money and buy the best that you possibly can as it will last longer, work better, and make you a much happier and less frustrated performer!

Welcome to the forum! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:44 am 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
If you search through the forum you will see that this topic is thoroughly covered. Just use the search button up above.

Just one note, in magic it is my opinion that it is better to save up for a quality prop than to go cheaply. We have all learned that lesson at one time or another! So save yourself some wasted money and buy the best that you possibly can as it will last longer, work better, and make you a much happier and less frustrated performer!

Welcome to the forum! :D
Agreed, Kristen. I couldn't say it better myself.

Allinking17, just read what Kristen said above. Don't go cheap if you can afford it. That said, not all effects are expensive. I still perform with the $3.00 egg vase for young kids (4-6).

Also, as said above, check the kid forums for effects. Have some fun reading through them. You'll get alot of recommendations. Plus, read about the presentation ideas. The best TRICKS work best with the best PRESENTATIONS. This way, you should always give your best show.

And welcome to Penguin!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:38 am 
born to perform.

Another thought came to mind also that I forgot to mention earlier ---

Don't be afraid to make some of your own props as well! It is great fun if you are creative, and you will be amazed how when you are out shopping the different ways you will look at things.

For example, my daughter wanted a circle/square, but didn't like the looks of any of them. She likes originality and wanted something unique. So, I got creative and made her a gorgeous one! If I showed a pic of it, you would never believe what it first started out as. So use your imagination! Her circle/square ran me about $75 to make, but it is one of a kind, looks great, and I can guarantee you no one has one like it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:01 pm 
Penguin

Location: Well I was thinking about it but, I like your moms house
Well I suggest square circle sry dont ahve a link for it but its a great trick for a small crowd to a median and there are soem cool silks u can buy for it