View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Stuff for kids shows.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:44 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
I have a kids show routine that I fine is pritty good, but I am going to buy some more stuff, practice over the summer and than preform this new routine next year. The stuff Im getting are..........

- A new 10" set of linking rings
-hippity hop rabbits
-Production box
-Slydini silks
-Equal unequal ropes
-and the magicians wand

So how's my list, Im getting this stuff from Ebay, any advice will be great.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 24 Jan 2003
Posts: 4110
Location: Milford OH
you're buying everything from E-Bay and not a magic dealer. Well, hope you get instructions with the stuff.

You also just told us that you are getting everything "on the cheap." Is this the way your are going to pracice and rehearse also?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:56 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
paddy wrote:
you're buying everything from E-Bay and not a magic dealer. Well, hope you get instructions with the stuff.

You also just told us that you are getting everything "on the cheap." Is this the way your are going to pracice and rehearse also?


" on the cheap", dont get it. And i'll make shur I get instructions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 3462
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
If you wanted a decent resource (I can never recommend this book enough)...

Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has the following effects/illusion plans that are suitable for kid's shows:

-Cut and Restored Rope
-Equal-Unequal Ropes
-Vanish of a Handkerchief (gimmick can be used for any small object)
-Confetti to Candy
-Production Box
-Vanishing Box (the box is taken apart and each part can be shown individually)
-Square Circle Illusion
-Plans for a magic table
-Vanishing Bowl of Water
-Plus more rope magic, silk magic, and large stage illusions


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:40 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
miniserb725 wrote:
If you wanted a decent resource (I can never recommend this book enough)...

Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic has the following effects/illusion plans that are suitable for kid's shows:

-Cut and Restored Rope
-Equal-Unequal Ropes
-Vanish of a Handkerchief (gimmick can be used for any small object)
-Confetti to Candy
-Production Box
-Vanishing Box (the box is taken apart and each part can be shown individually)
-Square Circle Illusion
-Plans for a magic table
-Vanishing Bowl of Water
-Plus more rope magic, silk magic, and large stage illusions


I'll pick that up too, I forgot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
Also I think I will get a Joker tube, aswell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:29 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 09 Mar 2004
Posts: 316
Location: upstate N.Y
Get Rocky Raccoon. I repeat, GET IT GET IT GET IT!!! Ive used Rocky in countless kids shows, and you can get 15 minutes out of him alone. Also, there is a great DVD here at Penguin on using Rocky. Well worth the money.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:11 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
mystag wrote:
Get Rocky Raccoon. I repeat, GET IT GET IT GET IT!!! Ive used Rocky in countless kids shows, and you can get 15 minutes out of him alone. Also, there is a great DVD here at Penguin on using Rocky. Well worth the money.


I was thinking about it, but decided not to get it because I have know idea what I would use it for, and its not really my style.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:35 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 1267
Location: Let me get back to you on that one.........
It looks like all your routine consists of small and quick tricks except for maybe the rabbits and rings. Make the tricks last a little longer otherwise its boring just trick after trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Posts: 2592
Location: Herts, England
the ebay magician, lmao, to be honest, in my opinion a kids entertainer that cant use a rocky raccon isnt a good kids entertainer. There are certain techniques to entertain kids and i beleive that any kids entertainer should be able to use a rocky raccon and have it fit their personality. Otherwise i beleive they are not a good kids entertainer, more a kid themselves who is attempting to make some money by doing average kids shows that parents want as they are cheap.

Ebay magician. You remind me of the guy i specifically do not want to hire. In fact if you take all the guidelines for hireing a good magician, you dont match any of them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:01 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
benlewis2004 wrote:
the ebay magician, lmao, to be honest, in my opinion a kids entertainer that cant use a rocky raccon isnt a good kids entertainer. There are certain techniques to entertain kids and i beleive that any kids entertainer should be able to use a rocky raccon and have it fit their personality. Otherwise i beleive they are not a good kids entertainer, more a kid themselves who is attempting to make some money by doing average kids shows that parents want as they are cheap.

Ebay magician. You remind me of the guy i specifically do not want to hire. In fact if you take all the guidelines for hireing a good magician, you dont match any of them.


I dont know what I would possibly do with a raccon, to me, it has nothing to do with magic, its a stuff animal. And im getting the stuff off of Ebay because every time I try to order from here My stuff never gets shiped. And one more thing, I dont think you have ever seen me preform, how would you know if I dont meet the "guidelines" to be a childs preformer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Posts: 2592
Location: Herts, England
what is a preformer and what is a preformance? Thats how I know. There are other magic shops, ebay isnt the only place apart from penguin. I can tell by your posts what you like. A kids shows isnt all about magic, thats how i know your not good. A good ENTERTAINER because kids shows is more about entertaining than magic can use the racoon and it is very good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 2440
Location: NJ
benlewis2004 wrote:
... in my opinion a kids entertainer that cant use a rocky raccon isnt a good kids entertainer. There are certain techniques to entertain kids and i beleive that any kids entertainer should be able to use a rocky raccon and have it fit their personality...



Does a handkerchief mouse count??

Ben Winter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:59 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Oct 2006
Posts: 498
Location: A place in Canada
benlewis2004 wrote:
what is a preformer and what is a preformance? Thats how I know. There are other magic shops, ebay isnt the only place apart from penguin. I can tell by your posts what you like. A kids shows isnt all about magic, thats how i know your not good. A good ENTERTAINER because kids shows is more about entertaining than magic can use the racoon and it is very good.


Alright. I still dont understand whats so wrong about getting stuff from Ebay. And I think I will get a raccoon, I looked at some videos and thay look like fun. Also I know that a show isint al about the magic. Im getting all the above stuff because I find that I can really make a show out of them ( I dont know how to explane it). Also can you tell me what I can do with a spring animal, Im still a little in the dark.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:36 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Nov 2003
Posts: 3462
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
braady wrote:
benlewis2004 wrote:
what is a preformer and what is a preformance? Thats how I know. There are other magic shops, ebay isnt the only place apart from penguin. I can tell by your posts what you like. A kids shows isnt all about magic, thats how i know your not good. A good ENTERTAINER because kids shows is more about entertaining than magic can use the racoon and it is very good.


Alright. I still dont understand whats so wrong about getting stuff from Ebay. And I think I will get a raccoon, I looked at some videos and thay look like fun. Also I know that a show isint al about the magic. Im getting all the above stuff because I find that I can really make a show out of them ( I dont know how to explane it). Also can you tell me what I can do with a spring animal, Im still a little in the dark.


The real problem with ordering from ebay is that the originator of the trick doesn't see any of that money. And personally I'd be more worried about someone on Ebay not shipping my stuff than penguin.

I've never used a Roxie the raccoon but I know it adds humor. Any time you can add more humor to a kid's show the better.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.