View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:03 pm 
born to perform.

I know a magician that very successfully uses Rocky Racoon and it is a huge hit to his act. He even had a custom prop made just to work with him and it is a really cute routine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:45 pm 
Penguin

brady,

Jim Pace has an excellent DVD on the spring animal here http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=8325

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:24 am 
Penguin

braady wrote:
benlewis2004 wrote:
what is a preformer and what is a preformance? Thats how I know. There are other magic shops, ebay isnt the only place apart from penguin. I can tell by your posts what you like. A kids shows isnt all about magic, thats how i know your not good. A good ENTERTAINER because kids shows is more about entertaining than magic can use the racoon and it is very good.

Alright. I still dont understand whats so wrong about getting stuff from Ebay. And I think I will get a raccoon, I looked at some videos and thay look like fun. Also I know that a show isint al about the magic. Im getting all the above stuff because I find that I can really make a show out of them ( I dont know how to explane it). Also can you tell me what I can do with a spring animal, Im still a little in the dark.
My gosh, get what YOU want and feel is BEST for you. If you don't want Rocky, don't get it. I don't have it. If you have no enthusiasm to perform it, then that will be evident in your show quite possibly and your show may not be much of a show. I might in the future get it, but not at the moment.

There's nothing wrong with people recommending you tricks, but when they try to force you into buying a certain trick or else tell you that you aren't a real kid performer until you get this trick... oooooooohhhhhhhh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:05 am 
born to perform.

I agree with the fact that not every magic trick will work with every magician.

My daughter has Rocky, but she has never used him in a show. It just has never been a "fit" for the routines she has come up with. She may use it someday, she may not--- but how many of us has that great big magic box of "unused" maybe-someday magic items?! We definitely do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:06 pm 
born to perform.

no, its when someone says they cant see any possible use for it in a kids show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:29 pm 
born to perform.

benlewis2004 wrote:
no, its when someone says they cant see any possible use for it in a kids show.

LOL, there is always a possibility for use! Hence why all our "extras" are boxed and we continually go through it looking for new ideas instead of putting it up as Ebay fodder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:35 pm 

Yes Kristen, we all have boxes of things we thought would be "nice" to have in our show and have never used. I have Stinky the spring skunk. No idea of where but I do have one. I found it much better to get "Willie" he is my "pet opposum" that Axtel puts out. Willie is a smart mouthed little guy that insults me when we are together.

I use him for a short 5 minute vent segment in my kids and senior shows. Gets a lot of laughs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:45 pm 
born to perform.

I LOVE Axtell's puppets. Haven't used it in a show yet, but I fell for Vern! He was just too dang cute! Since I am definitely not a vent, I have the CD that goes with him as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:49 pm 
born to perform.

Sorry everyone -- Zazz's post was actually mine. Didn't notice he had signed me out and signed himself on. My apologies! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:37 am 

Yes I also have Vern. I changed it's name to Lulu and she and willie will get into a good fight every now and then when I bring both with me. That's when being a vent can be fun! Especially when you get the voices mixed up and Lulu yells something in Willie's voice and Willie answers in my voice. That is really embarrassing but the crowds alway think it is rehearsed and laugh about it.

But that is another subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:28 am 
born to perform.

Paddy, are there any recommended resources you used to learn ventriloquism? I'm probably not going to add it to my show, but I think it could be useful to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:12 pm 

miniserb725 wrote:
Paddy, are there any recommended resources you used to learn ventriloquism? I'm probably not going to add it to my show, but I think it could be useful to learn.

YES! Come to Vent Haven convention in Kentucky in July. There are vents from all over the world there and it is worth it. If you can't afford the $150 (?) for the whole thing it is $50 per day to attend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm 
born to perform.

July...not a good month for me. It's production camp for a touring dance group I was recently accepted into. Thank you for the info though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:25 pm 
Penguin

Thank you every one for your help, and I will be ordering the stuff next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

What are you ordering?