View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Idea for a closer...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:33 am 
Penguin

Has anyone ever used the Card Sitter in a show?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/classroom.php?ID=2

I know it is a simple trick... and that may be why I love it... but as I build my routine for shows sometime in the distant future... this trick keeps popping up. I have yet to try it on the neighborhood kids (who I try most of my tricks on to test them out...) but the freedom and flexibility it offers seem too good to pass up.

I am considering using it in a way very similar to how it is written. Calling the Birthday kid up (if I feel that it will not terrify them to be on stage of course) and let them be the big star. Plenty of Big photo opportunities for parents and it is a perfect closer leaving the birthday child on stage and ready to take the final stage bow with me at the end.

The only way I am thinking of changing it is working in a way to show the audience my selected card. This would simply involve palming a card to show the audience before placing a different card back in the deck...

anyway... any ideas or suggestions as I consider using this trick?

I am going to start doing short 10 minute sets every Thursday at our School here on base (hope to do one class a week... different classes every week) something simple to test tricks out. Its awesome because with my Job it is allowed and even encouraged as community involvement... and I will probably start testing it out then... but Figured I would get some advice first...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:00 pm 
Penguin

All I can say is that if you customize it and maybe add a few bonus gags or effects to brighten up the effect, even make it suspensful with comedy you can have a great closer. Remember though you want something big for a finale that will tell everyone the show is at a close.