View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:14 am 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
sneak wrote:
kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.
And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!

I understand that completely Sneak! For me, "promoting" her has been the most difficult task because it is making her open to a lot of strangers and my husband and I are very protective, with very good reason.

Although, I don't think you can blame me for not posting her information here on Penguin. Let's be honest, have you READ some of the comments these kids have made about girls/women on this forum? Sorry, but I really don't want my daughter to be fuel for the fire. I know I am her mom, and biased, but she is a very cute girl with personality plus -- and as positive as I may try and be around here -- mess with my kid and you'll see a mama tiger come out and the carnage isn't pretty! :lol: I'm sure you can understand that!

Have a great day everyone!
By all means, Kristenl, don't post her site here. I back you up 100% on that. And yes, I am aware on how some people may look at your daughter in a way you wouldn't be too impressed.

I was just simply letting you know that it could get around and since you are protective (as any parent should), I just wanted to let you know.

I would say that if you post pics of her on her site, try to post pics that have her more from her side/side back so people can't get a real view of her but yet still can see her. Potential clients would like to see the person they may be hiring, but they don't have to see too much if you see what I'm getting at.

I only meant to be positive with my original statement above. I hope you did see it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

Trust me, I didn't think you were giving me a bad time! :P I know you were just pointing out the obvious, that I can't entirely control the situation, as much as I would like to :!:

Her website is full of photos, which is one reason I do limit it. I think it is important for a client to get the "feel" of who they are hiring, and to do that, you have to let your personality shine. I "think" her website does that. She has pictures of herself, along with her and our wonderful local magicians that have been so supportive of her and that she dearly admires and respects for their invaluable wealth of information they have provided her and their out-and-out friendships/bonds they have made, and with some big name magicians she's been fortunate to rub elbows with and have some quality "magic talks" with, down to some magic video clips of her doing birthday parties.

Her business cards also feature her picture. Someone may or may not remember a "name", but they often recall a face and that jogs a memory of seeing that person perform.

As I stated elsewhere, her business card was recently placed in a program for a dance recital because she did a very short performance. From that program alone (2 nights) she has already generated 73 hits on her site since Friday night. Now, one of those hits I know came from a new magician friend I have made--- but hey, she'll happily take the other 72!

I do understand the importance of promotional material and allowing it to take its natural course in the business side of things, but as a mom -- it will always make me a little nervous and protective.

Take care sneak!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:38 pm 
born to perform.

sneak wrote:
kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.
And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!

Sneak,
True no one knows where it'll go from there but putting it on a International site you can bet you'd have 'dozens' of people (Kids) bugging the heck out of her. That's why you never see a female (teen) last long on penguin.
I'm sure that her parents take her to all of her gigs so they are there to make sure she is fine. In the warped world that we live in you must be very careful and keep a close eye on them every minute. If my Son gets into doing shows you can bet even when he can drive I will go along with him to his shows for his safety. It's a sad reality, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Last edited by sluggo on Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:04 am 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
Trust me, I didn't think you were giving me a bad time! :P I know you were just pointing out the obvious, that I can't entirely control the situation, as much as I would like to :!:

Her website is full of photos, which is one reason I do limit it. I think it is important for a client to get the "feel" of who they are hiring, and to do that, you have to let your personality shine. I "think" her website does that. She has pictures of herself, along with her and our wonderful local magicians that have been so supportive of her and that she dearly admires and respects for their invaluable wealth of information they have provided her and their out-and-out friendships/bonds they have made, and with some big name magicians she's been fortunate to rub elbows with and have some quality "magic talks" with, down to some magic video clips of her doing birthday parties.

Her business cards also feature her picture. Someone may or may not remember a "name", but they often recall a face and that jogs a memory of seeing that person perform.

As I stated elsewhere, her business card was recently placed in a program for a dance recital because she did a very short performance. From that program alone (2 nights) she has already generated 73 hits on her site since Friday night. Now, one of those hits I know came from a new magician friend I have made--- but hey, she'll happily take the other 72!

I do understand the importance of promotional material and allowing it to take its natural course in the business side of things, but as a mom -- it will always make me a little nervous and protective.

Take care sneak!
I figured that, but since I like you and respect you, I just wanted to varify. :wink: