View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:15 pm 
Penguin

Chilla before you edited the post you said you were 13 and you had 4 years of magic. Was that a mistake or are you accuttaly (sp) 13.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:48 pm 
Penguin

:wink:

Last edited by Chilla on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:55 pm 
born to perform.

cut the pathetic excuses we have seen them all before, and they only lose you respect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:43 pm 
Penguin

So are you 13.

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:58 pm 
born to perform.

Kristenl,
What is her web site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:55 pm 
born to perform.

I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:59 am 
Penguin

yeah im 13

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:58 am 
Penguin

Chilla wrote:
yeah i get what you mean kristenl. but just to let you all know IM NOT DOING THIS TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK! im doing this because i love to be a magician. i sort of started a routine already just im looking for some tips. but anyway thats a really inspiring story, and like sluggo said before you must be so very much proud of her.

but i just have one question for you kristenl, how old is your daughter and how did she first advertise?
Chilla,

Don't worry about people who knock you down. Maybe they're just scared that you'll give them competition and take away some of their business.

However, the people who respond to you in a very positive way, take to heart what they say and take their advice seriously. These are the people who are really trying to help you.

As mentioned by others, get some learning material on kids shows and check through this site for kids effects. It'll take some time to get a real great show going but once you do, you could be the next big thing in your area.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:04 am 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am 
born to perform.

sneak wrote:
kristenl wrote:

And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!

I understand that completely Sneak! For me, "promoting" her has been the most difficult task because it is making her open to a lot of strangers and my husband and I are very protective, with very good reason.

Although, I don't think you can blame me for not posting her information here on Penguin. Let's be honest, have you READ some of the comments these kids have made about girls/women on this forum? Sorry, but I really don't want my daughter to be fuel for the fire. I know I am her mom, and biased, but she is a very cute girl with personality plus -- and as positive as I may try and be around here -- mess with my kid and you'll see a mama tiger come out and the carnage isn't pretty! :lol: I'm sure you can understand that!

Have a great day everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:20 pm 
born to perform.

If i had a 13 year old daughter, i wouldnt post the website here at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:54 pm 
born to perform.

benlewis2004 wrote:
you have to spend alot of money on resouces and props, im talking maybe 600-800 dollars minumum, but you would do that anyway if you wanted to be a magician.

How much you put on your magic definately dont show how good you are... Of course if you can afford great books, all card colledge, johnson cups etc. You will have material, but you have to put this material to practice.

Creating a routine take a lot of time, I am currently making a cups and ball routine of my own, I have put well over 150 hours practicing and thinking of what I should add to it, I brough DVD's and books only to find new idea. The method dont play big, the presence,charisma, "patter" play the biggest.

«... The idea of a great presentation is that you have to make your audience belive that something that havent happen, as occured...» Michael Ammar.

Try to use your favorite sleights, the one that suits you the best, and put them all together to create the illusion!

blizt :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:01 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
Chilla,

Get some books by David Ginn. His stuff is great. Also, read some topics at the Magic Cafe. There's a great essay all about routining a kid's show there in the "Little Darlings" section. :wink:

-PJHMarine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
kristenl wrote:
sneak wrote:
kristenl wrote:

I understand that completely Sneak! For me, "promoting" her has been the most difficult task because it is making her open to a lot of strangers and my husband and I are very protective, with very good reason.

Although, I don't think you can blame me for not posting her information here on Penguin. Let's be honest, have you READ some of the comments these kids have made about girls/women on this forum? Sorry, but I really don't want my daughter to be fuel for the fire. I know I am her mom, and biased, but she is a very cute girl with personality plus -- and as positive as I may try and be around here -- mess with my kid and you'll see a mama tiger come out and the carnage isn't pretty! :lol: I'm sure you can understand that!

Have a great day everyone!
:lol: I agree with you on everything. Seriously.

Last edited by tupelo on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:26 am 
born to perform.

Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... 82#1010382

Take a look at this essay. :wink: