View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:15 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 154
Location: sc
Chilla before you edited the post you said you were 13 and you had 4 years of magic. Was that a mistake or are you accuttaly (sp) 13.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:48 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 15
:wink:


Last edited by Chilla on Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Posts: 2592
Location: Herts, England
cut the pathetic excuses we have seen them all before, and they only lose you respect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:43 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 08 Jan 2007
Posts: 154
Location: sc
So are you 13.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: '
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:58 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Posts: 2171
Location: Loveland,Ohio (Cincy)
Kristenl,
What is her web site?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:55 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 890
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:59 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 15
yeah im 13


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:58 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 338
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Chilla wrote:
yeah i get what you mean kristenl. but just to let you all know IM NOT DOING THIS TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK! im doing this because i love to be a magician. i sort of started a routine already just im looking for some tips. but anyway thats a really inspiring story, and like sluggo said before you must be so very much proud of her.

but i just have one question for you kristenl, how old is your daughter and how did she first advertise?
Chilla,

Don't worry about people who knock you down. Maybe they're just scared that you'll give them competition and take away some of their business.

However, the people who respond to you in a very positive way, take to heart what they say and take their advice seriously. These are the people who are really trying to help you.

As mentioned by others, get some learning material on kids shows and check through this site for kids effects. It'll take some time to get a real great show going but once you do, you could be the next big thing in your area.

Good luck!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:04 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 16 Aug 2006
Posts: 338
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.
And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:19 am 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 890
sneak wrote:
kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.
And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!


I understand that completely Sneak! For me, "promoting" her has been the most difficult task because it is making her open to a lot of strangers and my husband and I are very protective, with very good reason.

Although, I don't think you can blame me for not posting her information here on Penguin. Let's be honest, have you READ some of the comments these kids have made about girls/women on this forum? Sorry, but I really don't want my daughter to be fuel for the fire. I know I am her mom, and biased, but she is a very cute girl with personality plus -- and as positive as I may try and be around here -- mess with my kid and you'll see a mama tiger come out and the carnage isn't pretty! :lol: I'm sure you can understand that!

Have a great day everyone!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 20 Apr 2004
Posts: 2592
Location: Herts, England
If i had a 13 year old daughter, i wouldnt post the website here at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 1581
Location: Your mind
benlewis2004 wrote:
you have to spend alot of money on resouces and props, im talking maybe 600-800 dollars minumum, but you would do that anyway if you wanted to be a magician.


How much you put on your magic definately dont show how good you are... Of course if you can afford great books, all card colledge, johnson cups etc. You will have material, but you have to put this material to practice.

Creating a routine take a lot of time, I am currently making a cups and ball routine of my own, I have put well over 150 hours practicing and thinking of what I should add to it, I brough DVD's and books only to find new idea. The method dont play big, the presence,charisma, "patter" play the biggest.

«... The idea of a great presentation is that you have to make your audience belive that something that havent happen, as occured...» Michael Ammar.

Try to use your favorite sleights, the one that suits you the best, and put them all together to create the illusion!

blizt :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1630
Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
Chilla,

Get some books by David Ginn. His stuff is great. Also, read some topics at the Magic Cafe. There's a great essay all about routining a kid's show there in the "Little Darlings" section. :wink:

-PJHMarine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 1038
Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
kristenl wrote:
sneak wrote:
kristenl wrote:
I'm sorry, I just do not give out her web site address to respect her privacy. It is only given out to prospective clients. As a minor, we try to control to some degree how her site is found, which is why we don't have her registered with any site engines, or list her on forums, etc.

Sluggo --- I sent you a PM, hopefully you received it.
And as soon as you give out the site to one prospective client, who knows where it'll go from there!


I understand that completely Sneak! For me, "promoting" her has been the most difficult task because it is making her open to a lot of strangers and my husband and I are very protective, with very good reason.

Although, I don't think you can blame me for not posting her information here on Penguin. Let's be honest, have you READ some of the comments these kids have made about girls/women on this forum? Sorry, but I really don't want my daughter to be fuel for the fire. I know I am her mom, and biased, but she is a very cute girl with personality plus -- and as positive as I may try and be around here -- mess with my kid and you'll see a mama tiger come out and the carnage isn't pretty! :lol: I'm sure you can understand that!

Have a great day everyone!
:lol: I agree with you on everything. Seriously.


Last edited by tupelo on Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:26 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 01 May 2005
Posts: 1630
Location: President of the Sluggo for U.S. President Committee
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... 82#1010382

Take a look at this essay. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.