View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I need a stage name
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:10 pm 
Penguin

Hi, my name is Mike S. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

okay... and?

Why do we have so many of these topics... are people just not creative now and days.
Cant do anything for them selves any more I guess.

Your "stage" name should be original, creative, something that might define you in some way.

Rather than being unoriginal and lazy... do the work your self.

But I know this wont stop... so what the forum needs is a "special" topic just for those who cant think for them selves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:43 pm 
born to perform.

What's wrong with using your username here, "Mr. Biddle"? Anyway, if your really serious about having a stage name and keeping it throughout your tenure as a magician....I don't know if you are just starting out or what, but you might consider paying a PR firm to help you with it. Their fees for this won't be that high, and they're experts at things like this. Let me you ask you a question.... Why do you want a stage name? Do you think you have to have one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:05 pm 
Penguin

Magic Man Mike S. ?

I unno

Mr.Biddle sounds pretty cool

you dont need a stage name...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:12 pm 
Penguin

Mike, Mike Biddle, Mr Mike Biddle, Mr Biddle, Biddle, Bubbly Biddle, Mr Mike, Mike'dini' Mike the Maniac, Mad Mike, Mike the Magician, Mikey the Magician.

Personally, I'm not too sure why but when I think of stage names I think of clowns not magicians.. don't know why though. Think one up yourself

-Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:14 pm 
Penguin

How about using your stripper name? It is created by using your first pet's name and the name of your street. Sorry that was just a joke but, try and be as creative as possible there are way to many so and so the magnificents and The great somebodies out there. Good luck but with a name like Biddle I think it will be easy. Riddle me Biddle the magician!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:20 pm 
Penguin

I would do Wacky Mike or Magic Mike. Maybe even Mystic Mike!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:53 am 

Why do you need a stage name are you embarrased by your magic and want to hide behind a phony name? OK I use Paddy but I'll tell you why.

When I started off as a clown many years ago at RBBB Clown College we had to pick out a clown identity. I didn't like the names like "Giggles" or "Shorty" so I took my Grandfather's name. He was Padrig and everyone (except me) called him "Paddy" (I called him "Grandpa.") So to honour him I took his name.

Well now down the line a few years and everybody calls me "Paddy" even when I am not in clown. In fact I even get checks made out to Paddy L...... and the bank recognizes that name along with my real name of Peter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:08 am 
Team Penguin

WHY do you need a stage name?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:24 am 
Penguin

Stage names can get you to stand out from the norm (of people using their real names which is common these days). May also appeal to kids more.

Question is: Will the show stand out too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:40 pm 
born to perform.

Our daughter goes by her first real name, but never uses her last name. Not even in promotional material such as her website, business cards, flyers, postcards, etc.

I think it is important for younger magicians to remember that not all adults are upstanding. We have learned that from personal experience. If someone really wants to find out your last name, they will-- but don't make it easy for them. Remember the goal is to protect yourself first.

As stated, use your real name or make one up, but remember if you build a following the name will follow you also so be sure that it is something you would want to use into your adulthood.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:29 pm 
born to perform.

I agree. Your name, no matter what you call yourself, will follow you. If you decide to use a stage name, then later on down the road, decide to use your real name, your magic "career" will literally start over from the very beginning. I used my real name for a number of years when I was only doing small gigs...small parties and such, however, when my bookings became larger, I adopted (with the help of a good agent) a "professional name". Surprisingly enough, my bookings increased almost immediately. I also dropped the title "Magician" and became an "Illusionist". Fees increased about 20% with no problems. My entire magic career has been under my professional name...to use anything different now, would be occupational suicide. However, I couldn't use anything now anyway...a couple of years after getting my name trademarked, I ended up legally changing my name to my professional name....Which is kinda funny when people ask if my name is REALLY Michal Angelo and they want to see my ID. LOL

No matter what you call yourself, always portray yourself as a professional and your name really won't matter....well...THAT much. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:46 am 
born to perform.

My name is Kevin and everyone calls me "Kevloon"

this started out by my Ballon twisting skills... Kevin + Balloon = Kevloon..

However, I think it goes well for a mentalist, magic or what ever...

"The Wonders of Kevloon."

Not sure if that will work for you however...

Mikeloon?...Miloon...

that actually sounds good!

Mi (like M..EYE...LOON)

"The Magic OF Miloon."

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK????