View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: After all of my hard work, I finally booked a show
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:26 pm 
Penguin

Now befor I start, I DO have a show, I have worked on it for months, im not pulling a trader101 (LOL I had to :lol: ). Last year my teacher got me a bunch of gigs around the school, and Im repaying her with a free show for her daughters birthday. Its Oct 28. Si wish me luck (Or else :twisted: ).

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:44 pm 
Penguin

ha ha ha.thats hilarious.i asked for 1 trick.i had a routine just wanted to make it a little longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:28 am 
born to perform.

No your not pulling a 101trader, your pulling a braady. Incase you dont remember a few months back you did the exact same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:18 pm 
Penguin

benlewis2004 wrote:
No your not pulling a 101trader, your pulling a braady. Incase you dont remember a few months back you did the exact same thing.

Oh ya, about that (Runs away).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

braady wrote:
benlewis2004 wrote:

Oh ya, about that (Runs away).

Oh my gosh you just got totally burned. Never show your face here again beause It will be laughed at so hard.

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:51 pm 
born to perform.

Braady,

Have you tried filming your routine yet? It is a great learning tool and it gives you an idea of what the audience will see.

It will also show you what your weaknesses are and where your strength lies. Use these to help improve your show until you have it just right.

If your show is Oct. 28th you should be practicing on a daily basis with a minimum of 1-2 run-throughs a night, 3 preferably depending on the length of the show.

What age are you performing for and how long is your show?

Good luck. I wish you well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:07 pm 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
Braady,

Have you tried filming your routine yet? It is a great learning tool and it gives you an idea of what the audience will see.

It will also show you what your weaknesses are and where your strength lies. Use these to help improve your show until you have it just right.

If your show is Oct. 28th you should be practicing on a daily basis with a minimum of 1-2 run-throughs a night, 3 preferably depending on the length of the show.

What age are you performing for and how long is your show?

Good luck. I wish you well.

The kids are 8-10 years old, and I am practicing alot.

P.S I would like to thank you again for you help a cupple months back on my rounine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:14 am 
born to perform.

Would you consider posting your show over in the theatre? I would love to see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:43 am 
born to perform.

i assume you are at least 15 or 16 to be doing 8-10 year olds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:19 pm 
Penguin

benlewis2004 wrote:

15 yars, ans I will be posting it in the theater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:19 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
benlewis2004 wrote:

Why? Age doesn't matter. Maturity does. I am living proof. I'm 15 and I perform for adults, not just kids. And I perform for more adults, than I do kids...performing for people older than you, and keeping them entertained, is a true skill, so age really isn't a factor here...

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
benlewis2004 wrote:

Why? Age doesn't matter. Maturity does. I am living proof. I'm 15 and I perform for adults, not just kids. And I perform for more adults, than I do kids...performing for people older than you, and keeping them entertained, is a true skill, so age really isn't a factor here...

-Trix

Actually, I'm 15 as well. I find kids MUCH more harder to keep their attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:41 pm 
born to perform.

Braady,

I was really hoping that you would put up a video of one of your rehearsals prior to performing. Woud you consider that?

Change of subject ==========

Ah, the age issue---

That is such a tough subject, because I see both sides. I do agree that most of the time you do need to be older or at least project an older, maturer image. A lot of times kids can't pull that off. The reason for that is two fold-- 1) You have to not only be a proficient entertainer; 2) You must be able to handle both children and adults, which means you have to have some kind of leadership training (IMHO) to be able to command the attention of both age levels.

Again, everyone has the opportunity to be hired for a show at one time or another, that is the easy part--- it is whether you are hired for that call back which will tell you if you were really ready to perform at any given time. It is the response of the crowd. It is the feedback of the event planners. You have to listen honestly to it all-- negative or positive, and learn from it to improve.

Can a youth performer excel and do a good job? Yes, most definitely. Can they earn a good reputation? Again, yes! BUT, it takes a LOT of hard work. It is NOT easy as I am sure those with experience here can tell you that.

Sorry to get off topic Braady---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:39 pm 
Penguin

kristenl wrote:
Braady,

I was really hoping that you would put up a video of one of your rehearsals prior to performing. Woud you consider that?

Change of subject ==========

Ah, the age issue---

That is such a tough subject, because I see both sides. I do agree that most of the time you do need to be older or at least project an older, maturer image. A lot of times kids can't pull that off. The reason for that is two fold-- 1) You have to not only be a proficient entertainer; 2) You must be able to handle both children and adults, which means you have to have some kind of leadership training (IMHO) to be able to command the attention of both age levels.

Again, everyone has the opportunity to be hired for a show at one time or another, that is the easy part--- it is whether you are hired for that call back which will tell you if you were really ready to perform at any given time. It is the response of the crowd. It is the feedback of the event planners. You have to listen honestly to it all-- negative or positive, and learn from it to improve.

Can a youth performer excel and do a good job? Yes, most definitely. Can they earn a good reputation? Again, yes! BUT, it takes a LOT of hard work. It is NOT easy as I am sure those with experience here can tell you that.

Sorry to get off topic Braady---

I think i will be able to get up a video next week of a practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:14 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
Agreed. Age doesn't matter necessarily (although if you are older people do seem to pay a bit more attention to you), but maturity definitely does matter!

-Trix